• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Dates for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any chance someone could clue me in on this by refreshing my memory about the "Jepps" article?

I think it's in reference to an article where to make a point about keeping Jepps up to date, the article described putting your wife and kid on an airplane to fly somewhere, only to hear that the plane crashed. It comes out later in the article that the reason for the crash was the crew not having up to date Jepps, so they hit a new obstacle that they were not aware of.

Can't remember the entire thing, but that was the basic premise.

V1 Article

It was on a V1 article a few years ago, and it was writen by one of our IPs at the time with initials BW.

V1 article

What ASA and BW don't know in the Big Airline World. You don't Shat on you own airline, especially on paper and thats what that article was about. You will never see DL, UA, NW, CO, or any other major dog a pilot or pilot group like they did in the V1. God forbid we ever have a mishap. Their will be a law firm that will find those articles that were published in the V1. That law firm will subpena BW and ask him what he ment by that article. (Comair IP LEX) If you haven't noticed since CT got here the V1 was put out to pasture. Now we have the Flight Deack News which is much more Pilot Friendly. Thank you CT. for those who don't know CT came from Delta.

701EV

V1 article

Thank you CT. for those who don't know CT came from Delta.
701EV

Thank you CT! YGTBSM man! He's just another in the long line of ex-DAL management retreads 9SB<BL etc) that's mismanaging ASA. Just ask some senior Delta pilots what they think about CT.

I don't have the REAL V1 article that this is spoofing, but in my "funny folder" in my filing cabinet, I ran across the spoof article from "V1-Cut" and was able to scan it. I'm pretty sure that this is what people are talking about. If there are little errors, I apologize, text scanning isn't always perfect, but you will get the idea. No, I didn't write it, and I don't know who did - but it is funny stuff! I don't know how many mailboxes the V1 spoof ever made it to, but I hope they show up again one of these days. From the looks of it, this was from 2004.

The Capacity to Shed Blood
Lyman Killsome, manager-Pilot Training

I've been working very hard this year at trying to incorporate more
scenario-based training into our curriculum here at ASA. With that in
mind, I'd like you to consider the following: Imagine you've just put
your wife, twin daughters, mother, college roommate, congressman,
and pet rabbit on one of our CRJ's so they can attend the funeral of
your youngest sister in Bristol, Tennessee.
Unbeknownst to you, about an hour before departure, the captain of
that aircraft (we'll call him Jones) found two revisions in his box, one
from Jeppesen and one for the POH. He placed both in his hat, picked
up the release, then stopped in the mens room where he placed his hat
on the counter before stepping into one of the stalls. At the same time
a hatless pilot, upon leaming that chief pilot Bob Honalee was on duty
that day, discretely snatched up Captain Jones' hat, placed it on his
head, and sauntered out of the mens room. Captain Jones was
horrified to discover that his hat had gone missing. After a fruitless
search, he proceeded to his aircraft with the loss weighing heavily on
his mind.
About two hours later, Captain Jones, your wife, daughters, mother,
college roommate, congressman, pet rabbit, and seventeen others are
killed when their aircraft slams into the spent-fuel facility at the new
Devil's Tongue nuclear power plant, three miles southwest of the Tri-
City ailport. In addition, 63,000 citizens in Tennessee and Kentucky
are killed by the radioactive cloud that burst from Devil's Tongue after
the impact. President Bush and his cabinet misinterpret the explosion
as a sneak attack by North Korea and order a massive nuclear counter-
strike. Russian President Putin then launches his entire nuclear
arsenal at the United States out of sheer habit. The resulting holocaust
lasts three days and wipes out 98% of all living things on planet Earth.
If only Captain Jones had been more diligent in ensuring that his
publications were up to date, he would have known that the MDA for
the NDB approach to runway 5 at TRI had been increased 1,500 feet
on account of the new power plant. He would also have known that
the revised POH strictly prohibits ASA aircraft from crashing into
nuclear power plants.
Could the above scenario actually happen? Absolutely! Has it? I
don't know, but I do know this-if recent events are any indication, ASA
is at risk for precisely this kind of accident. Over the years, some of my
aviation peers have labeled me anal and overbearing. Some of you
may ask why I persist in composing such grim scenarios. It's simply
because I firmly believe in the value of negative reinforcement in flight
training. And being a sociopath helps, too.
[FONT=&quot]Fly safe! (And don't crash into nuclear power plants!)

[/FONT]

The union responded to this V1 article with a story of their own. The reason the pilots did not update their Jepps was because there was a 2 week delay getting anything to DFW. It was great to see a different angle on the story.

The union responded to this V1 article with a story of their own. The reason the pilots did not update their Jepps was because there was a 2 week delay getting anything to DFW. It was great to see a different angle on the story.

Not to mention that the crews caught in DFW with out of date charts were (gasp) ATL crews!

V1 Article......

That was beautiful-someone even put out a hilarious spoof of this thing in a parody called "V1 Cut." I see it is posted above-a true work of art!

Here's how the real one went-

Yep, ol BW wanted to show everyone that he was the biggest numbnut on this side if the Mason-Dixon line. He thought it would be a great idea to submit an article to V1 magazine (that crappy company pub they put out in the lounge to illustrate how stupid we all are.) Anyhow, this cowboy-hat wearing circus feak comes up with a scenario......

It went a little like this:

You finish kissing your wife on the cheek, you load her, the 2-month old you proudly call your first-born, your congessman, the parakeet you have just purchased at pet-smart, and the pope on an ASA RJ to non-rev to XNA. You wave farewell to all these dear souls and go off to begin your own workday flying another flight.

Unbeknownst to you, the idiots at the conrols BOTH FORGOT to do their latest Jepp revisions-they also seem unable of unwilling to keep from picking their noses and eating their own boogers. Now these two are just chuckling away, swilling their Starbucks and checking out your wife's tight butt while she gets on, oblivious to the fact that everyone aboard is in imminent danger thanks to the dereliction of duty by these I-Pod wearing, spikey haired bastards!

The plane takes off flies happily over to XNA, and since the Jepps are not up-to-date, flies right into a new tower that was not mentioned in the approach brief because these two chuckleheads are too busy jacking off to update their Jepps! Blood, guts, feathers, I-Pods, and spikey hair fly out in all directions-a true tragedy. Everyone dies, pain, misery, and much woe ensues!
-Moral to the story: Line Pilots are Stupid....
-The End

This is the type of crap that BW's head is full of. We are all retards we are all stupid, and well all have death wishes...... Perfect example of what type of sociopath smootches his way up the ladder around ASA!

Anyhow, I can't look at this butt-smootch without thinking of that article. It was truly one of the most insulting, repulsive, and clueless attempts at writing I have ever seen.......

I fully agree with the previous negative impressions of BW. He is totally useless, has no idea what the real world is like, and is a complete sociopathic freakshow! When I see this guy out at the airport (we are talking about twice-EVER,) he is wearing this hilarious cowboy hat! I swear to God-it is so funny I want to poop myself! It looks like he stole it from daddy! That damn hat is larger than some picnic tables I have eaten off of! You could communicate with another galaxy with a dish that size!

This guy really is a walking after-school special on why we shouldn't beat up the special kids. I think someone dunked his head in the commode one too many times and now look what we have to deal with....... Hey,maybe that's the reason for the hat-makes that big pumpkin-head harder to dunk.....

-Now it all makes sense...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back