• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Dates for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The vote will fail, and it really is irrelevant to our situation..... For some reason people think the whipsaw will stop if Skywest becomes ALPA.....

Can any of the ALPA cheerleaders point to a case of two ALPA carriers not being whipsawed because they are ALPA? How did it work for us and CMR? How about PDT/ALG/PSA....

OpsCheck, do you seriously think that will make a difference. The CNC and MEC promised us in the lounge that a release was going to happen, the NMB was fed up with the company. Now it is clear the NMB thinks ALPA is asking for too much. We can blame the NMB all day long but the SW ALPA vote is not going to happen. Not even close. Get this contract done now. SW will wait out the vote and then transfer away.

Are you management, or are you just scared of your own shadow? Speak for your self. I want a fair contract with good scope to protect our jobs and a pay rate with respectable raise each year, and most important full retro. How could anyone, even the NMB look at ALPA's proposal and think it's too much. Just look at how much money SKY has in the bank and how much they make each year. The rates we are asking for are a drop in the bucket. Get Real.

American is asking for 30% pay increase. Another airline just voted down their ta today by 63%. What is that telling everyone, to pull their heads out. US air was supposed to have a sick out today, did it happen?

The vote will fail, and it really is irrelevant to our situation..... For some reason people think the whipsaw will stop if Skywest becomes ALPA.....
I hope that you are right joe. I just don't think they will vote it in. I jump seat on them everyweek and with the feeling I get from them, they just aren't ready for the union.

personally, I don't give a Scott Hall turd about the SKW ALPA vote. I'm quite sure however, that JA does. The simple fact is that SKW has a contract with Delta, and it costs lots of money to transfer airplanes. Lots of money to a publicly traded company that would need to be explained to shareholders. If safety were applied at the levels it needs to be, pressure would be applied by Delta. I doubt they would want that A-14 percentage to remain at 25% for 8 months to a year while they transfer airplanes. Just cheaper to sign a reasonable contract. One, according to Joe, that isn't even asking for Horizon pay rates or scope worth a damn? so why isn't it done then?............Be safe!!!! and when you see someone not being safe......loudly and publicly thank them for their contributions!

Yes, it is time for a contract. Ja needs to get a grip on reality. 884 million last quarter and won't share any of it. hmm

personally, I don't give a Scott Hall turd about the SKW ALPA vote. I'm quite sure however, that JA does. The simple fact is that SKW has a contract with Delta, and it costs lots of money to transfer airplanes. Lots of money to a publicly traded company that would need to be explained to shareholders. If safety were applied at the levels it needs to be, pressure would be applied by Delta. I doubt they would want that A-14 percentage to remain at 25% for 8 months to a year while they transfer airplanes. Just cheaper to sign a reasonable contract. One, according to Joe, that isn't even asking for Horizon pay rates or scope worth a damn? so why isn't it done then?............Be safe!!!! and when you see someone not being safe......loudly and publicly thank them for their contributions!

Have you read the scope section open issues list? Or are you like most people that don't know what the issues are, don't know who your reps are, and don't know what the industry standard is on all the issues.... but gosh darnit, you just know your pissed because.... well just because....

If it defeats ALPA and unions, then it is cheaper to transfer airplanes.... Our scope proposal doesn't prevent that...

Yes, it is time for a contract. Ja needs to get a grip on reality. 884 million last quarter and won't share any of it. hmm

884 million isn't "net"..... The net is much smaller....

Net margins in the regional business have been shrinking for the past 8 years or so as mainline carriers put the squeeze on the regionals.....

I don't disagree joe, just stating what was published

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back