• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think General Obvious is jealous of our crew meals because we don't have pictures on the menu. :(
No kidding huh? I think if we could come up with some pics, guys wouldn't be jealous. It isn't that great, and I honestly only order what is required. I would rather spend my per diem and get a good meal at a restaurant or hotel and eat like a normal person. I get tired of balancing my food on my knee hoping I don't spill it on the circuit breaker panel. :(

Sometimes you hit a home run and get a good meal, but overall the food isn't great guys.

I hate to align with the "General" (and I don't generalee)...but;

The Q-Cart is not some special perk for NJA alone. We get that too. I never for Paper Ice or Coffee. I don't tip for a lav either as there is a $60+ fee to cover that.

Having said that, if the ramp is busy and my time is tight I will throw cash at the problem to get what I need. What that means is you end up spending 50K a year to get a perceived "head of the line" while I simply pay when needed, say $500 per year, to get the job done.

Further, I get a crew meal when it's needed, but that has been discussed before. I order around 3 per year. You being on duty for 10 minutes equals an entitlement to 4 crew meals??? Okay...if you say so. Hope that works out for ya. I'll bet NJAOwner would love to discuss that. (Pssst....hey Owner, you should try a company where sanity exists!)

This is proof you have no clue. Mr. Santulli was far from pro-pilot. Did you know we almost struck in 2005?

Thanks again for bringing me back into this topic. Your old CEO, compared to your new one, was VERY PRO-PILOT. Can you explain the 300 retirements with 3 years pay and benefits? That would NEVER happen in the real world, unless you were a CEO being let go by the board. That is FANTASTIC, but unrealistic. Good for you guys! Now, watch it with the new guy, since I doubt he will be as NICE.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The Q-Cart is not some special perk for NJA alone. We get that too. I never for Paper Ice or Coffee. I don't tip for a lav either as there is a $60+ fee to cover that.

Having said that, if the ramp is busy and my time is tight I will throw cash at the problem to get what I need. What that means is you end up spending 50K a year to get a perceived "head of the line" while I simply pay when needed, say $500 per year, to get the job done.

Further, I get a crew meal when it's needed, but that has been discussed before. I order around 3 per year. You being on duty for 10 minutes equals an entitlement to 4 crew meals??? Okay...if you say so. Hope that works out for ya. I'll bet NJAOwner would love to discuss that. (Pssst....hey Owner, you should try a company where sanity exists!)

That is great, and throwing cash at rampers to expedite your departure is smart. You need to get the owner out of there ASAP. But, when someone pockets extra cash "to cover a car payment PER tour", that sounds a bit excessive, and FANTASTIC. Again, this is what was told to me by 2 NJA friends, and I told them that was unbelievable. So, is it true or not????? Sounds FANTASTIC. And, during our next contract negotiations, I want to bring up the part where you guys get 4 crew meals per day if on duty. All we get is a crew meal if the flight is scheduled over 5:30. I want 4 meals, plus an ice cream sundae, with whip creams and a cherry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

The Q-Cart is not some special perk for NJA alone. We get that too. I never for Paper Ice or Coffee. I don't tip for a lav either as there is a $60+ fee to cover that. Usually lavs are free for us in major FBO chains. So are GPU's

Having said that, if the ramp is busy and my time is tight I will throw cash at the problem to get what I need. What that means is you end up spending 50K a year to get a perceived "head of the line" while I simply pay when needed, say $500 per year, to get the job done. $50K a year? No where close. MAYBE a couple thousand a year.

The point of NetJets paying for the tips is that we get the service before you. We hope the ramp realizes who is throwing money around. I'm not saying we get different service, and I'm not saying that is what always happens, but that is the point.

I'm just saying that crew meals are a negotiated benefit in the CBA. If we go on flight asset, we get food. It is in section 20.7 of our CBA if you want to read it for yourself. You can find it on www.njasap.com.

Personally I find it insane allowing a crew to fly hungry. I sleep well knowing that the guy sitting next to me isn't thinking about his belly. Tell me honestly, how many times did you fly hungry last year? 0 for me. How many times did you fly tired? 0 for me. How many times did you wait for a GPU? 0 for me. How many times did you...

That is great, and throwing cash at rampers to expedite your departure is smart. You need to get the owner out of there ASAP. But, when someone pockets extra cash "to cover a car payment PER tour", that sounds a bit excessive, and FANTASTIC. Again, this is what was told to me by 2 NJA friends, and I told them that was unbelievable. So, is it true or not????? Sounds FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Again, if your friends are doing that they are FOOLS. Honestly, would you risk a $130,000 a year job for a couple of tips?

I don't pad my expense reports. What I expense is what I spend in order to get the job done. Then again, I'm not a fool.

Thanks again for bringing me back into this topic. Your old CEO, compared to your new one, was VERY PRO-PILOT. Can you explain the 300 retirements with 3 years pay and benefits? That would NEVER happen in the real world, unless you were a CEO being let go by the board. That is FANTASTIC, but unrealistic. Good for you guys! Now, watch it with the new guy, since I doubt he will be as NICE.

Bye Bye---General Lee
That's funny.

Listen to your mentor. Seriously. You don't have a clue what you are writing. You don't understand the history. Ask ANYONE who was here before 2005.

I can explain the early outs. Mr. Santulli stated that if he had to let 1 person go, then he would have failed. It was about HIS ego, not us. The Voluntary Measures were a brilliant LOA negotiated by NJASAP leaders to help pilots. For 6 months it worked.

No one is denying that Mr. Sokol is having to make unpopular hard decisions that are seriously impacting families. He is. But to say that he is pilot unfriendly compared to his predecessor is laughable.

Thanks for bringing me back. That's great you go to TEX. (Telluride) The funny part is when I see your plane taxiing in JFK trying to get to TEX, and still is number 56 for takeoff. You can't force an owner to go to TEB when he wants JFK. That is the way it goes. And, you get to fly airlines on the front and end of each tour. That must be great for you.

I've been to JFK twice in 8 years here. I think you summed up why our Owners choose NOT to frequent JFK. Too congested and too far away from most places most our people need to be most of the time. Most who are "in the know" don't go to JFK... I wouldn't wish that on my greatest enemy to call that place my base. TEB is the place to be in the NY area. True, we do frequent LGA, EWR and JFK... but we also service MMU, FRG, HPN and many others for that matter. Airlines up there mostly occur out of EWR or HPN. Both are not fun at all.

There are some fundamental problems with your company, and your new CEO will address those. Things that you liked, will be shed. I know you have a contract, but a lot of that will be re-examined, and your union will meet with your new CEO and try to avoid further furloughs by giving away goodies. It will happen. If not, more people will probably be let go. It happens all the time in the airlines. You are not immune to this. It will be a harsh lesson, but one you will learn unfortunately.

Delta is perfect. We know. Let's compare notes in 5 years... 10... 20. I'm comfortable with my situation here. How many more mergers can your side endure?

As far as your fun "tips", it is something that is both troubling and FANTASTIC at the same time. I am sure your new CEO is looking at that. Did I say embezzlement? I think you did. I never stated that, just something my friends there have brought up that is a perk. Is that a freudilan slip from you? Watch it, that may be how you actually think of it. It is great if you can tip yourself for getting papers from the FBO and bringing them to the plane. I wish I could do that if it is true.

I can't follow where you are going with this. The company sets the policy. We follow the policy. You seem to know something different???

Have fun, and I will monitor this periodically and see if you want me to debate some more. Good luck with everything!

HA! I would expect nothing less.

Bye Bye--General Lee

this general guy seems to have a lot to learn about real aviation.

sad, people like that make the rest of us look like fcking idiots. These are the type of people I love to get in the right seat. It turns out to very educational for them.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Union idea.

Latest resources

Back