• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta (and others) served me so well over the years I bought an NJA share. I still flew Delta (and others) some so 7 years later I bought another share. Delta, Continental, United, American -- all just different names for NJA's most productive marketing teams.

Fly safe.

General, just curious, have you ever heard of a machine called the Encore Plus?

Thanks again NJAOwner for your patronage and your positive comments. There are a couple hundred fractional owners across the country that got where they wanted to go this past week in the middle of a blizzard when thousands of Deltamericanentalunitair passengers were literally "cooling their heels" on an airliner or in an airport lounge. The Corporal can't face the fact that his best customers traded his company in a long time for the service, flexibility, and privacy of fractional and corporate aviation. And they AIN'T going back.

Gut -- that doesn't sound right. I'm sure Congress passed its new rule about freeing captive airline passengers in response to their stellar customer service record. :rolleyes:

NJAowner -- thank you for the kind words.

Last post on this topic General:

You have displayed your ignorance once again. NJI and NJA will complete seniority list integration in November 2010. Nobody is being displaced from their seat and will not be "going to the Beechjet." I actually move UP seniority (in relative terms) because of the integration. And nobody will be "raining down" on anybody from the BBJ. They will bid what their seniority can hold based on the fleet disposal language in the contract. If they want the G-Wiz, it will still be in the IV because of the LOA's in place. I won't see any of them for a couple of years.

The company is moving in the right direction. We will be operationally profitable in 2010. I doubt Delta will be.

Ignorance? Do you mean you dismissing your own problems? Your CEO is chopping your company apart (NJI plus NJA). He is on a rampage. Buffet wants accountability, and your savior Santulli is GONE. I am sooo glad you will be "operationally" profitable, meaning you will be profitable thanks to selling half of your current fleet. Don't sugar coat it anymore please. And, just like DL had to do after BK, you will restructure---and make sure your new CEO has a nice fat bonus, while the rest of you WILL take cuts. Welcome to the new Wall St. mentality at your company. As far as Delta goes, we must be doing ok, since we have offered a billion for rights with JAL. (rights to what? Probably Haneda access) We are adding stuff, you will be subtracting. Good luck to EVERYONE out there at NJA/NJI....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gut -- that doesn't sound right. I'm sure Congress passed its new rule about freeing captive airline passengers in response to their stellar customer service record. :rolleyes:

NJAowner -- thank you for the kind words.

What's great is that at 2 hours and 45 minutes we WILL now go back to the gate during an ice storm, and we will cancel the flight, thanks to wx problems. That will strand even more people at the airports, and they will have to pay for their own hotels etc. What will I tell them on the PA? I will say "write Congress and tell them thanks for stranding you. Had we had 15 more minutes to de-ice, we might be on our way to San Diego...."

Oh yeah, and I had to laugh during my last ice-storm at JFK a couple years ago. Waiting in the congo line I saw a Netjets Ultra, sitting amongst the 50 or 60 planes taxiing towards 22R for takoff. That must have been a blast on that little plane---a 4 hour sit with a really small bathroom and two pilots staring at you. Lifestyles of the rich and famous, my arse!

Bye Bye---General Lee

General, just curious, have you ever heard of a machine called the Encore Plus?

Do you mean the Citation Encore Plus with the "17 foot cabin and the new Rockwell Collins Pro-line 21 cockpit?" No, no I haven't. From what I have heard, your current Encores break all of the time. Lots of MX. That is probably why you are dumping them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, my INTL flights from ATL only leave from the T Concourse and the E Concourse. The meal selections are ok---On The Border Mexican Food in T and that new Sushi place in E, but remember sport I get fed very well on my own plane. Really tasty lately.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SOMEONE WHO CONSIDERS FOOD SUCH A QOL ISSUE. GO AHEAD AND KEEP DROOLING OVER YOUR PICTURE MENUS. REMEMBER THAT DOUBLE BREASTED SUITS DON'T ONLY LOOK BAD ON WOMEN, BUT FAT ASSES TOO!

And, you are parking your Encore fleet because it is junky and not well subscribed to, and a friend of mine at NJA (still there after the furlough) told me about the Salmon he could order from your exclusive "menu" that will probably be gone shortly.

MORE ABOUT FOOD. COME ON YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS.

Why you care to even debate this subject is beyond me. The thousands of fractional pilots all agree airlining is the worst part of the job. This is true whether it is in first class or the middle seat. Our owners agree which is a big reason they choose this alternative. Thank you for that. If an airline was able to provide our level of service and product we would be in trouble. Kudos to you for loving your job and company. I hope at work your enthusiasm for your choice shines, but I doubt it. You are impressing no one with picture menus, concourse food selections, international flights. We all do the same job. The difference is how we do it. You are clearly happy with the hectic terminal lifestyle. On the other hand we are just as happy flying our clean, comfortable, private airplanes around the world away from the cattle call, without strip searches and away from unpleasant people. In between flights we enjoy a private terminal that offers clean restrooms with amenities, well appointed pilot lounges with theater rooms and all the comforts of home. IMO this route is a more gentlemanly and humane lifestyle. I would not last a week having to do your job. Honestly the only reason I can imagine you decide to debate this is jealousy. I mean this with all sincerity, enjoy your life choice.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, and I had to laugh during my last ice-storm at JFK a couple years ago. Waiting in the congo line I saw a Netjets Ultra, sitting amongst the 50 or 60 planes taxiing towards 22R for takoff. That must have been a blast on that little plane---a 4 hour sit with a really small bathroom and two pilots staring at you. Lifestyles of the rich and famous, my arse!

I guarantee that they were much more comfortable than stuck in your bus sharing a dirty toliet with 150 other people. The pilots didn't even have to get permission to use the lav. How degrading the airline career has become. You clearly have never flown on a private plane before. The even more beautiful thing is they had a choice to fly out of a number of nearby airports to avoid the delay. You and your passengers did not. Enjoy the lines.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back