• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We offer a product like you do, which is better than others.

Hmmm .. Top 10 US Carriers as reported by Travel & Leisure (http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=68494110.blog)

"So, which airline topped the Travel + Leisure rankings? That would be Virgin America, which was named the best domestic airline for the second consecutive year. In fact, the Travel + Leisure list seems to skew heavily against the nation's traditional "legacy carriers." Curiously, not a single of those so-called legacy carriers made Travel + Leisure’s top 10 list. Rounding out the top ten list of domestic carriers were No. 2 JetBlue, No. 3 Midwest, No. 4 WestJet, No. 5 Southwest, No. 6 Sun Country, No. 7 Hawaiian Airlines, No. 8 Frontier, No. 9 Alaska Airlines and No. 10 USA 3000."

But Delta flies internationally too, so lets take a look at the top 10 international carriers.

"Travel + Leisure also rated the world's top international airlines, where perennial kingpin Singapore Airlines again topped the list. It was followed by two new entrants to the Travel + Leisure rankings, No. 2 Qatar Airways and No. 3 Emirates. Rounding out the "best" international airlines were No. 4 Japan Airlines, No. 5 Virgin Atlantic, No. 6 All Nippon Airways, No. 7 Cathay Pacific, No. 8 Thai Airways, No. 9 Air New Zealand and No. 10 Asiana Airlines."

Hmmm ... once again no mention of Delta Airlines.

Perhaps General if you spent more time sitting in the back of one of your airplanes (where your customers are), you would understand.

Hmmm .. Top 10 US Carriers as reported by Travel & Leisure (http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/item.aspx?type=blog&ak=68494110.blog)

"So, which airline topped the Travel + Leisure rankings? That would be Virgin America, which was named the best domestic airline for the second consecutive year. In fact, the Travel + Leisure list seems to skew heavily against the nation's traditional "legacy carriers." Curiously, not a single of those so-called legacy carriers made Travel + Leisure’s top 10 list. Rounding out the top ten list of domestic carriers were No. 2 JetBlue, No. 3 Midwest, No. 4 WestJet, No. 5 Southwest, No. 6 Sun Country, No. 7 Hawaiian Airlines, No. 8 Frontier, No. 9 Alaska Airlines and No. 10 USA 3000."

But Delta flies internationally too, so lets take a look at the top 10 international carriers.

"Travel + Leisure also rated the world's top international airlines, where perennial kingpin Singapore Airlines again topped the list. It was followed by two new entrants to the Travel + Leisure rankings, No. 2 Qatar Airways and No. 3 Emirates. Rounding out the "best" international airlines were No. 4 Japan Airlines, No. 5 Virgin Atlantic, No. 6 All Nippon Airways, No. 7 Cathay Pacific, No. 8 Thai Airways, No. 9 Air New Zealand and No. 10 Asiana Airlines."

Hmmm ... once again no mention of Delta Airlines.

Perhaps General if you spent more time sitting in the back of one of your airplanes (where your customers are), you would understand.

You mean like when you sit back there in a middle seat when your tours start and end? That still cracks me up. And, you are comparing something with Sun Country above Delta as fact? Have you ever been on Sun Country? Come on now. Do you really read Travel and Leisure Magazine? I bet you do sport. I bet you also read Glamour magazine and The Enquirer. How about you read these recent articles about your company from the NY Times? Better reading I am sure, and enlightening for you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No, you are correct in that a furlough is coming. However, your assertions that crewmembers eating salmon crew meals being part of the problem, and the parking of the Encore fleet being indicative of losing owners every day, are simply your way of showing you really have no idea how the fractional business works. But hey, you read an article on NetJets, you must be an expert on the fractional biz, just like every other aviation segment that you read an article on. How's that Popeye's on Concourse C by the way?

Actually, my INTL flights from ATL only leave from the T Concourse and the E Concourse. The meal selections are ok---On The Border Mexican Food in T and that new Sushi place in E, but remember sport I get fed very well on my own plane. Really tasty lately.

And, you are parking your Encore fleet because it is junky and not well subscribed to, and a friend of mine at NJA (still there after the furlough) told me about the Salmon he could order from your exclusive "menu" that will probably be gone shortly. Your fractional business is falling. Even the Bernie Madoff stuff affected you (you lost about 75 owners). Your fractional shares aren't worth as much, so people cannot sell them or afford to pay the "extras" it costs to use their shares anyway. Congress slammed the Automakers for using their jets to come to Congress and beg for money, and that affected a lot of other businesses with fractions or their own jets. It looked too "elitest." That aint good for you guys. Top that with Santulli's over the top spending (giving 300 early outs with 3 year pay? I heard Buffet came down hard on Santulli about that--and where is your savior Santulli now? He helped your pilots, but not your bottomline...). Face it, I do know more about this business than you think, and I know your new CEO is going to fix it, unfortunately. Looks like the only salmon you may get now is in First Class---unless I get it first.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
General

If United/Delta/USAirways were battling for top spot, we may have something to talk about. Read the article again - Delta is not even in the top 10! I understand that your are proud of your airline - but you see it only as a pilot - not as a customer.

btw if you don't like my article, feel free to google "Best US Airlines" for yourself. You'll find similar results.

By your own admission I spend a lot more time airlining than you do - I flown on pretty much every US airline as well as BA, Cathay, Qantas, Lufthansa Air New Zealand etc etc. I'm being polite when I say the service level provided by US Legacy carriers is "poor".

I just love it when you guys change your uniforms/paint schemes every couple of years. It usually accompanied by a press release stating your "reinventing" yourselves. That always cracks me up - You've been in business 60+ years - Haven't you figured it out yet?

Face it, I do know more about this business than you think, and I know your new CEO is going to fix it, unfortunately. Looks like the only salmon you may get now is in First Class---unless I get it first.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Actually most of what you stated in this post is not accurate. BTW I have flown on Sun Country; they do offer better service than Delta. Not sure what your fascination with Salmon is, but just so you know, the actual food selection in our crew food orders often does not change the price of the meal.

General

If United/Delta/USAirways were battling for top spot, we may have something to talk about. Read the article again - Delta is not even in the top 10! I understand that your are proud of your airline - but you see it only as a pilot - not as a customer.

btw if you don't like my article, feel free to google "Best US Airlines" for yourself. You'll find similar results.

By your own admission I spend a lot more time airlining than you do - I flown on pretty much every US airline as well as BA, Cathay, Qantas, Lufthansa Air New Zealand etc etc. I'm being polite when I say the service level provided by US Legacy carriers is "poor".

I just love it when you guys change your uniforms/paint schemes every couple of years. It usually accompanied by a press release stating your "reinventing" yourselves. That always cracks me up - You've been in business 60+ years - Haven't you figured it out yet?

Dude, did you read in Marie Claire that Fergie might be a lesbian or Bi? Who cares??? Look, I don't care what Travel and Leisure Magazine says. You do, but I don't.......go read some business magazines and read up on how your fractional business is going these days.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually most of what you stated in this post is not accurate. BTW I have flown on Sun Country; they do offer better service than Delta. Not sure what your fascination with Salmon is, but just so you know, the actual food selection in our crew food orders often does not change the price of the meal.

Whatever man! You continue to fly on Sun Country and enjoy it. I hope you have a fantastic time too. And, my point with the salmon sandwiches is that your options may get closer to "Flight Options" options later on. Hey, we all have to go through that with a downsizing. We did it too after our BK, although a lot of that has been restored since. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Maybe this is the great customer service you are talking about at Delta, General?

http://gothamist.com/2009/12/22/police_called_to_quell_unruly_crowd.php

A lot of that is due to our RJs, not mainline service. You knew that, right? Do your passengers who have to fly on EJM like it as much as NJA? Probably not. But, sometimes you have to substitute them in. We change planes on routes all the time, and we can't control the feed sometimes. We are in the process of weeding some out (Mesa), and things will get better on that side. Thanks for caring.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back