• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts at USAirways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course it is! Everything since the Wright brothers first crash is the fault of USAPA, just ask the West, they will tell you
Everything since the Wright Brothers first crash is the fault of ALPA, just ask the East, they will tell you.

Everything since the Wright Brothers first crash is the fault of ALPA, just ask the East, they will tell you.
I disagree, I think ALPA was once a great union, and still is when it comes to safety related stuff. I think they could do better with rest requirements, but all in all good stuff.

The problem comes in with recent history, when the top tier of ALPA brass changed the rules to keep their pay up while everyone they "represent" makes less. When they represent both sides of the deck ML VS express, someone is going to lose, usually both. Example: Express carriers come up with horrible low ball rates that get approved by National with full knowledge that the only purpose of said rates is to undercut the ML. This hurts both ML and Express, but that's ok though National ALPA is taking in the dues.
Then the final straw, the only union in existence that seniority does not matter. If you call National on it, you get the "we are not a union we are an association" crap.

So no, not everything since the Wright bros. first crash is ALPA's fault, but the current state of the industry certainly has ALPA written all over it.

Last edited:
What is USAPA doing to ensure that the furloughs happen in the order they are supposed to? The TA clearly states that all pilots who are hired after the merger are on a third and seperate list, junior to all on the east and west lists prior to the merger. By my count, there are 153 of these pilots. EVERY one of them should be furloughed before ANY other pilot from the original east OR west list. Both east and west contracts specify that furloughs come from the bottom up and there is no question that these pilots are junior to both lists, even if you use DOH as the criteria. This is the first test for USAPA to prove that they have some integrity and plan to represent ALL US Airways pilots. So far, all they're doing is sending threatening letters to west pilots and doing nothing whatsoever to contest our impending furloughs.

Your numbers are wrong, Lear's are spot on, as usual. All off the street and all whorely owned pilots will be gone, and then some.

What is USAPA doing to ensure that the furloughs happen in the order they are supposed to? The TA clearly states that all pilots who are hired after the merger are on a third and seperate list, junior to all on the east and west lists prior to the merger. By my count, there are 153 of these pilots. EVERY one of them should be furloughed before ANY other pilot from the original east OR west list. Both east and west contracts specify that furloughs come from the bottom up and there is no question that these pilots are junior to both lists, even if you use DOH as the criteria. This is the first test for USAPA to prove that they have some integrity and plan to represent ALL US Airways pilots. So far, all they're doing is sending threatening letters to west pilots and doing nothing whatsoever to contest our impending furloughs.

My guess is they will not if the TA in any way is associated with the nic or can be conceived as there being one list. The legal ramifications are obvious.

Joe is a pro MGT D-BAG that why he hate ALPA here a quote from him commenting on the NTSB's finding that 12h duty day should be the limit. Joe you are really a waste of human skin.

"How is everyone going to feel when a 12 hour duty day results in more days at work and fewer days off?
"

Joe is a pro MGT D-BAG that why he hate ALPA here a quote from him commenting on the NTSB's finding that 12h duty day should be the limit. Joe you are really a waste of human skin.

"How is everyone going to feel when a 12 hour duty day results in more days at work and fewer days off?
"

12 hour duty days will result in more days at work and fewer days at home....Sorry if that is "pro managment"....Maybe you like to spend more time away from home.....To each their own....

Anyway that doesn't have anything to do with the above post where former AWA MEC members put a lot of the blame with ALPA, and not USAPA....

Maybe they should schedule us for 20H of duty just to get more day off.
I do 14H duty day all the time and after MX and WX delay it usually turn to a 15 or 16H duty day, if you think that anybody is at 100% of their game after 16H on duty you are a bigger troll than I thought. Scheduling 14H duty day with 6/7/8 legs is not safe, you think differently because you are a managment stooge.

Maybe they should schedule us for 20H of duty just to get more day off.
I do 14H duty day all the time and after MX and WX delay it usually turn to a 15 or 16H duty day, if you think that anybody is at 100% of their game after 16H on duty you are a bigger troll than I thought. Scheduling 14H duty day with 6/7/8 legs is not safe, you think differently because you are a managment stooge.

Just answer the question....Are you willing to trade more days at home for a shorter duty day.....I do the 14 hour days also...3 day trips....Using your logic, maybe we should only have 8 hour days.....You can't be at 100% of your game at 12 hours either.....

Let's take this over to the duty time thread if you wan't to keep at it....This one is about USAirways and some former AWA MEC members casting ALPA in a bad light.....

To answer you question Yeah I would not mind losing 1 or 2 day off a month to reduce the average duty day by 2 to 3H.

To each their own....Many would disgree however....

In many cases it could add 4 days more at work....With shorter duty days you see more 4 day trips and fewer 3 day trips....

You bid the short 4 day trips and I'll bid the long 3 day trips....That keeps us both happy....

Latest resources

Back