• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts at USAirways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amazing how good a "regional" job looks when the furloughs come out....Flowbacks seem to work better than flowups.....Double standard?

it still looks better on the other side of the regional fence, even when faced with a furlough!

it still looks better on the other side of the regional fence, even when faced with a furlough!

....then stay on your side of the fence when the furloughs happen....

Listen....I'm not going to get into an argument of who has it better....But why do you guys always want to jump back to this side when things don't work out.....Stay there and wait for the recall, or come back here as a new hire....You can't have it both ways.....

Listen....I'm not going to get into an argument of who has it better....But why do you guys always want to jump back to this side when things don't work out.....Stay there and wait for the recall, or come back here as a new hire....You can't have it both ways.....

Maybe he wants to come back because he has bills to pay and has a family to take care off, ever think of that. I hope that somewhere somehow we can get you guy's back or at least help you out, Managment back out of the flow thru/flow back, but but in the spirit of the agrement it's still there...Best luck to my Ex PDT friend.

When mainline shrinks while the regionals grow, I think it's only reasonable for the furloughed pilots to expect those growth slots rather than letting them go to a bunch of newbies with 300 TT. And yes, they should get the left seats.

When mainline shrinks while the regionals grow, I think it's only reasonable for the furloughed pilots to expect those growth slots rather than letting them go to a bunch of newbies with 300 TT. And yes, they should get the left seats.

We should have a single list for each brand....We should have never had "regionals"....But the fact is the mainline's sold this flying for money and workrules and they have refused to consider a single list.....

Then when the defecation hits the 6 speed rotary oscillator they want their old seats back....That's not the way the current seniority system works.....

If you want to talk about a new system and some quids.....Then let's do it....otherwise they need to do the same thing a regional pilot does when they want to "go over"....Apply and take a seat at the back...

You can't have it both ways.....

By the way....The regionals aren't going to grow this time...Should they still get left seats when there isn't any growth?

We should have a single list for each brand...

I agree. But you and I aren't going to get what we wish for.

If you want to talk about a new system and some quids.....

The quid is the growth. The UAL Express carriers are getting growth flying while the mainline downsizes. If the furloughed pilots come back to those left seats of the growth flying, those growth seats will still exist after the furloughed pilots have long been called back. Want more growth? Give up your growth CA seats for a couple of years.

By the way....The regionals aren't going to grow this time...Should they still get left seats when there isn't any growth?

In some cases, yes they are. UAL Express is going to grow by 11% over the next few years while mainline downsizes an equal amount. You think this is right? Wait, don't answer that. I probably won't like the answer.

JoeMerchant only wants a single list if it means he can get DOH :rolleyes: . Would you care if the single list meant tagging the regional lists onto the bottom of the majors list? or do you want a free ride without making any sacrifices like the rest of us had to in order to move on?

We should have a single list for each brand....We should have never had "regionals"....But the fact is the mainline's sold this flying for money and workrules and they have refused to consider a single list.....We can tag the regionals at the bottom of the mainline list then?

Then when the defecation hits the 6 speed rotary oscillator they want their old seats back....That's not the way the current seniority system works.....

If you want to talk about a new system and some quids.....Then let's do it....otherwise they need to do the same thing a regional pilot does when they want to "go over"....Apply and take a seat at the back...Take your own advice, if you want on at a major, apply and take a seat at the back. Stop your mantra about a single list only if it benefits you.

You can't have it both ways.....

By the way....The regionals aren't going to grow this time...You're right, the days of the majors footing the fuel bills and guaranteed profits at the regionals are quickly coming to an end. Lets hope the flying gets back to where it should have stayed, at the majors (just like you said above). You seem to think the flying should go back to the majors only if you get a free ride. When ever the pilots at the majors mention taking the flying back, correcting the problem, you start crying about ALPA not protecting you and the injustices you face at the regionals. :cool: Should they still get left seats when there isn't any growth?

News to Joe, most of us at the majors have spent time working at the regionals and had to make the sacrifice to move on. You hanging out at your regional hoping to get brought over someday only if it means keeping your seniority is a joke. Apply and take a seat or stop complaining and union bashing.

Lyle Hogg said no early retirement packages for either side. He said the saving money was key. I guess all the training events that furloughs cause are free.

Maybe he wants to come back because he has bills to pay and has a family to take care off, ever think of that. I hope that somewhere somehow we can get you guy's back or at least help you out, Managment back out of the flow thru/flow back, but but in the spirit of the agrement it's still there...Best luck to my Ex PDT friend.

I have mixed feelings about ex-PDT people coming back. Okay you have a family to feed, bills to pay. I know a few FO's that have a family to feed and bills that are piled up. Boy an upgrade will sure help them.
So you risk that by going to a airline that 1. Is in trouble because of fuel prices. 2. Has a major seniority intergration problem. 3. Going there without that fact that a flowthru deal hasn't been done.

Its was risk that they took, and they all knew it. I don't believe any current pilot at PDT should be effected by them coming back. AKA if they get there Captain slots back make them Junior Captains. Plus make sure that nobody at PDT is let go to bring them back.

However if the flowthru is agreed on, then hell I have no problem with them getting there seniority back.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back