• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts at USAirways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL doesn't care who he steps on on his way to getting where he wants to.....and he wastes no time throwing stones at other people's houses as well and pointing fingers at them and telling them they are the problem....typical ALPA.

DOH for the USAirways pilots looks better and better all the time. If DOH had prevailed, the new hires would be getting furloughed instead of the West guys from 2004. Of course, I don't wish it upon anyone, just a fact of the whole mess.

A350

You sound like a car(career) jacker. "Gee if you'd hoped out of your car and given me the keys faster I wouldn't have had to shoot you". Scuuuuuuuummmmbbbaaaag.

"I hope you guys can get your jobs back. But I don't think it will be at the expense of people already hired at Piedmont."
WSurf

Did our leaving benefit the same pilots? Of course it did. Don't act like we are jets-for slobs pilots or something, man! We left prior to the legally binding contract benefit (Flow up/down) had the specifics agreed upon.

Didn't you sign a letter of resignation? Thats the key. Piedmont and US Airways saved tons of cash by you folks leaving for Airways. I highly doubt they wanna bunch of Captains returning making over 10 year pay. I know that seems harsh and I hope you guy/gals can return. Its the reality of situation. I remember the MDA folks not getting there
jobs back either.
Good Luck.
WSurf

I never signed a letter of resignation. I never resigned, in fact. Inerestingly enough, I DID get a letter from PDT stating that they accept my NON-EXISTANT letter of resignation. WTF, huh!

When indoc commenced in PHX, the paper pushers asked for a copy of my letter of resignation. I told them I never sent one, so I cannot produce it. They said that the EAST side wants it, not them, so I can give it to them later. No one else asked, and I sure as hell didn't bring it up.

This is the case for all us as far as I know. So now you are able to give your total support for us to return then, WSurf?

As far as the MDT thing goes, that was an injustice and one borne out of the PDT's frustration with the AAA MEC and their own selfishness. Managment certainly was not going to bat for them when their own USELESS union PDT ALPO wouldn't even do so!

PCL doesn't care who he steps on on his way to getting where he wants to.....
Say what you want about PCL, but he has a LONG way to go before he ever comes even close to USAPA's progress with regards to your statement above.
and he wastes no time throwing stones at other people's houses as well and pointing fingers at them and telling them they are the problem....typical ALPA.

DOH for the USAirways pilots looks better and better all the time. If DOH had prevailed, the new hires would be getting furloughed instead of the West guys from 2004. Of course, I don't wish it upon anyone, just a fact of the whole mess.

A350
If DOH had prevailed, 90% of the bottom 2000 pilots on your list would be West pilots. To sit here and act like a person in the top 15% of the West list should be furloughed before an East reserve E190 FO is ridiculous. At least ALPA does not act like USAPA, raping the minority for the benefit of the majority.

" you'll take the a$$ rape.."

And....you will like it.

Because, collectively, you (we) are much too stupid to seek Employment outside of Aviation.

Love,

YKMKR

hahahah I love it!!

WD.

"I hope you guys can get your jobs back. But I don't think it will be at the expense of people already hired at Piedmont."
WSurf

Did our leaving benefit the same pilots? Of course it did. Don't act like we are jets-for slobs pilots or something, man! We left prior to the legally binding contract benefit (Flow up/down) had the specifics agreed upon.

Didn't you sign a letter of resignation? Thats the key. Piedmont and US Airways saved tons of cash by you folks leaving for Airways. I highly doubt they wanna bunch of Captains returning making over 10 year pay. I know that seems harsh and I hope you guy/gals can return. Its the reality of situation. I remember the MDA folks not getting there
jobs back either.
Good Luck.
WSurf

I never signed a letter of resignation. I never resigned, in fact. Inerestingly enough, I DID get a letter from PDT stating that they accept my NON-EXISTANT letter of resignation. WTF, huh!

When indoc commenced in PHX, the paper pushers asked for a copy of my letter of resignation. I told them I never sent one, so I cannot produce it. They said that the EAST side wants it, not them, so I can give it to them later. No one else asked, and I sure as hell didn't bring it up.

This is the case for all us as far as I know. So now you are able to give your total support for us to return then, WSurf?

As far as the MDT thing goes, that was an injustice and one borne out of the PDT's frustration with the AAA MEC and their own selfishness. Managment certainly was not going to bat for them when their own USELESS union PDT ALPO wouldn't even do so!

So let me get this straight, you want your old job back at Piedmont? And if you do how does it benefit anyone that is at Piedmont now?

Really, whats in it for us? Remember this is the airline industry and its all about ME.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, you want your old job back at Piedmont? And if you do how does it benefit anyone that is at Piedmont now?

Really, whats in it for us? Remember this is the airline industry and its all about ME.

I suspected this was your attitude from your previous posts. It would have saved me some time had you simply been honest about it the first time, instead of pretending otherwise. Your logic has eaten itself, and your true colors have shown through. GO UNION BROTHAHOOD!

Let ME get THIS straight. You want your management to ignore/violate your legally binding labor agreement?
Just this specific item that you don't personally benefit from, or do you want to give them carte blanche?

Do I want my old job back? I want the contract honored. If you read the fleet plan just announced, you will see that the mainline shrinks between 2-5% while the express will GROW from 5-10%. You are a tool if you claim that we would be screwing over an express new hire by flowing down, when we have been working for this corporation since last millenium.

Clearly, you are unable to think past your own dog food bowl, so this is not meant to convince you of anything. Realize though, that we are talking about a total of 15 pilots whom you used to share a cockpit with. This makes your statements all the more pitiful.

I agree with Tweaker and I no longer work for US Airways OR a subsidiary. It's 15 pilots for crying out loud. Thousands are about to be furloughed industry wide and you have the opportunity to rescue a lousy 15.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

This has already been tried before when Piedmont pilots went to MidAtlantic (USAir) and were furloughed. ALPA was unsuccessful in getting their jobs back.

I suspected this was your attitude from your previous posts. It would have saved me some time had you simply been honest about it the first time, instead of pretending otherwise. Your logic has eaten itself, and your true colors have shown through. GO UNION BROTHAHOOD!

Let ME get THIS straight. You want your management to ignore/violate your legally binding labor agreement?
Just this specific item that you don't personally benefit from, or do you want to give them carte blanche?

Do I want my old job back? I want the contract honored. If you read the fleet plan just announced, you will see that the mainline shrinks between 2-5% while the express will GROW from 5-10%. You are a tool if you claim that we would be screwing over an express new hire by flowing down, when we have been working for this corporation since last millenium.

Clearly, you are unable to think past your own dog food bowl, so this is not meant to convince you of anything. Realize though, that we are talking about a total of 15 pilots whom you used to share a cockpit with. This makes your statements all the more pitiful.

You knew the risk didn't you? I think you all knew the risk because many of us talked to you and made sure you knew that coming back if furloughed wasn't gonna be an option until certain things were worked out.

I didn't apply because I knew the risk. Do I not want you guys back? Sure I do, but not until our own contractual rights are worked out with a true Flowthru that the mainline pilots and management have put off for many of years. Maybe having you guys over there and furloughed will speed up the process.

So to wrap it up, Yes I want you 15 back. But not unil our own flowthru is worked out. But I do have a problem with you thinking you can just dance your way right back in the Leftseat like nothing ever happened to you. Remember you took the risk of going.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back