Moodys revises Jetblue debt to Negative

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BUY BOEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like a United States company wanting Americans to fly them while they will not buy AMERICAN!!!!!!! THey buy Europe.

and yes I know I fly cand..Last I checked no company in the US makes RJs..........But big daddy flies all boeing...!!!!! We need to use that as advertising....Come fly OUR AMERICAN made planes which employes American workers....Hel I may be on to something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADE IN THE USA----never mind Wal-mart you can't say that!!!!

Last edited:
PCL 128 & scarlet;
Well, please take me off your request list for a rec. letter because of your unique attitude.
I paid my ALPO union dues at a major for almost 14 years and know first hand how worthless they really are.
What a waste of good money and trust.
Never again........

scarlet said:
BUY BOEING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing like a United States company wanting Americans to fly them while they will not buy AMERICAN!!!!!!! THey buy Europe.

and yes I know I fly cand..Last I checked no company in the US makes RJs..........But big daddy flies all boeing...!!!!! We need to use that as advertising....Come fly OUR AMERICAN made planes which employes American workers....Hel I may be on to something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADE IN THE USA----never mind Wal-mart you can't say that!!!!

Huh? What?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=59248

The Global Economy is here. Adapt or Die.

PCL_128 said:
Landgreen,

Just to clarify, I am an RJ FO, but not for DCI. I work for Pinnacle, so no 70 seaters for us. NWA scope doesn't even allow very many 50 seaters. Most of our RJs are converted to 44-seat planes to comply with scope. NWA has some excellent scope language, and it will be a shame to see it disappear in BK. More damage to an already decimated profession.

You are certainly correct that DALPA has given up much of their scope over the years. The difference is that DAL had to negotiate to get those changes made. The Daves can just impose things at Blue without even asking your opinion. You guys have a good relationship with management now, but things can change quick. What happens if Neeleman decides to leave in a few years and is replaced with someone that is not quite so friendly? Things could get bad really quickly for you, and you'd have no recourse whatsoever. Delta management has to negotiate changes to the CBA, but your management can do whatever they want. Again, it's not a problem right now with Dave at the helm, but how will things be when he's gone?

PCL...first of all i like your avatar. i can only imagine a lot of mainline guys appreciate your respect for that rjdc issue.

to answer your question....i would venture to guess conservatively that 60% of the b6 pilots hired in the past three years come from union carriers. they are very well educated with the pro's and con's.

the concerns that you listed above are all very valid, and in a worst case scenario all of your listed worries could come true....but then again if we were to dwell on what could happen in life i could fill up a book of "what ifs"

sometimes you have to be able to trust...when you extend trust, it doesn't mean that you don't keep an eye on the store, you just monitor. if that trust is broken...THEN you should react. but for now if it ain't broke, there is no need to try and fix it just for the sake of "what ifs"

bottom line: b6 management is VERY smart. they know just how much to give and take without causing a stir. it is in the companies best interest to make everyone as happy as they can WITHOUT giving away the store! granted not everyone agrees with certain decisions, but that is not unique to b6, corporate america or even america itself!

miles otoole said:
I guess we'll see who puts one in first.

Well ok then.......What? Maybe then we can fly two man crews to Europe from ATL----that will be so much fun, because the duty day won't be as bad as a 4 leg day on the MD88........ 12 hours nonstop at night to Moscow from ATL will be fun with a crew of two. Does that sound safe B6guy? Sure it does, because the "DUTY DAY ISN'T AS LONG AS YOUR OLD AIRLINE WITH 6 LEGS A DAY, SO THEREFORE IT MUST BE BETTER FOR YOU-----12 HOURS NONSTOP TO MOSCOW WITH ONLY TWO PILOTS......." Yeah, if you guys get to do transcon turns, our management would probably love for us to fly 12 hour legs to Europe with two pilots too. Why not B6Guy? Is there a difference? Same "Duty day" scenario you give....No chance to get tired..... Give me a break. Su-wheat, I can't wait. Thanks Jetblue dudes. I hope you guys change the 30/7 rule to 50 in 7, and the 100 a month limit to 150, and the 1000 a year limit to 1500, and age 60 to 85, and..........marrying your sister, and......

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee said:
Well ok then.......What? Maybe then we can fly two man crews to Europe from ATL----that will be so much fun, because the duty day won't be as bad as a 4 leg day on the MD88........ 12 hours nonstop at night to Moscow from ATL will be fun with a crew of two. Does that sound safe B6guy? Sure it does, because the "DUTY DAY ISN'T AS LONG AS YOUR OLD AIRLINE WITH 6 LEGS A DAY, SO THEREFORE IT MUST BE BETTER FOR YOU-----12 HOURS NONSTOP TO MOSCOW WITH ONLY TWO PILOTS......." Yeah, if you guys get to do transcon turns, our management would probably love for us to fly 12 hour legs to Europe with two pilots too. Why not B6Guy? Is there a difference? Same "Duty day" scenario you give....No chance to get tired..... Give me a break. Su-wheat, I can't wait. Thanks Jetblue dudes. I hope you guys change the 30/7 rule to 50 in 7, and the 100 a month limit to 150, and the 1000 a year limit to 1500, and age 60 to 85, and..........marrying your sister, and......

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL,
Sounds just like a Legacy rant. Just like Delta mgt you can't accept change. Therefore your evolutionary process has slowed (Delta as well), maybe even started backwards. Check to see if you have the start of gills and please get back to me.

General Lee said:
Yeah, if you guys get to do transcon turns, our management would probably love for us to fly 12 hour legs to Europe with two pilots too. Why not B6Guy? Is there a difference? Same "Duty day" scenario you give....No chance to get tired..... Give me a break. Su-wheat, I can't wait. Thanks Jetblue dudes. I hope you guys change the 30/7 rule to 50 in 7, and the 100 a month limit to 150, and the 1000 a year limit to 1500, and age 60 to 85, and..........marrying your sister, and......

Bye Bye--General Lee
Surely, General, your union wouldn't allow your management to impose these new rules. Surely.

DIAMONDDD said:
Surely, General, your union wouldn't allow your management to impose these new rules. Surely.

I doubt it, but surely the FAA wouldn't allow these rule changes. Safety is important to the FAA, right? And, don't call me Shirley.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Flying Freddie said:
GL,
Sounds just like a Legacy rant. Just like Delta mgt you can't accept change. Therefore your evolutionary process has slowed (Delta as well), maybe even started backwards. Check to see if you have the start of gills and please get back to me.

Since the bus is soooo automated, Jetblue will add to the evolution process one more time with SINGLE PILOT AIRBI. The equipment is sooo advanced, that we only need one proficient pilot----doing transcon turns too. Well, ok then.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back