• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Moodys revises Jetblue debt to Negative

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope you blue dudes don't mind me posting it here but why start a new thread?

AirTran Airways Reports All-Time Record Traffic in July

ORLANDO, Fla., Aug. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, asubsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), today reported its Julyrevenue passenger miles (RPMs), available seat miles (ASMs), load factor andpassengers enplaned all represent all-time company records for any month inits' history. AirTran Airways' traffic, measured by revenue passenger miles (RPMs), grewby 39.4 percent, to nearly 1.1 billion RPMs, on an increase of 32.6 percent incapacity, based on available seat miles (ASMs). July's load factor increasedto 80.8 percent, compared to 76.9 percent in July 2004. The airline enplanedmore than 1.6 million passengers in the month of July, a 29.9 percent increasefrom July 2004. "We are extremely pleased with our record breakingperformance in July and want to thank our Crew Members for their hard work ata particularly busy time," said AirTran Airways' president and chief operatingofficer Robert L. Fornaro. "The strength in passenger demand for AirTranAirways service, particularly in light of record growth in capacity, isfurther testament to our product and service which continues the strongtraffic trends we've seen since May of this year." AirTran Airways July 2005 Traffic (Preliminary) July 2005 July 2004 Change Revenue Passenger Miles (000) 1,095,631 785,755 39.4% Available Seat Miles (000) 1,355,969 1,022,282 32.6% Load Factor 80.8% 76.9% 3.9 points Passengers Enplaned 1,623,522 1,249,412 29.9% Y-T-D 2005 Y-T-D 2004 Change Revenue Passenger Miles (000) 6,454,924 4,879,337 32.3% Available Seat Miles (000) 8,674,750 6,705,936 29.4% Load Factor 74.4% 72.8% 1.6 points Passengers Enplaned 9,477,014 7,654,306 23.8% AirTran Airways, one of America's largest low-fare airlines with 6,400friendly, professional Crew Members, operates over 500 daily flights to 47destinations. The airline's hub is at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta InternationalAirport, where it is the second largest carrier. AirTran Airways recentlyadded the fuel-efficient Boeing 737-700 aircraft to create America's youngestall-Boeing fleet. The airline is also the first carrier to install XMSatellite Radio on a commercial aircraft. For reservations or moreinformation, visit http://www.airtran.com (America Online Keyword: AirTran). Editor's note: Statements regarding the Company's operational andfinancial success, business model, expectation about future success, improvedoperational performance and our ability to maintain or improve our low costsare forward-looking statements and are not historical facts. Instead, they areestimates or projections involving numerous risks or uncertainties, includingbut not limited to, consumer demand and acceptance of services offered by theCompany, the Company's ability to maintain current cost levels, fare levelsand actions by competitors, regulatory matters and general economicconditions. Additional information concerning factors that could cause actualresults to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements iscontained from time to time in the Company's SEC filings, including but notlimited to the Company's annual report on Form 10-K for the year endedDecember 31, 2004. The Company disclaims any obligation or duty to update orcorrect any of its forward-looking statements. Media Contacts: Tad Hutcheson [email protected] 678.254.7442 Judy Graham-Weaver [email protected] 678.254.7448SOURCE AirTran Airways

My understanding is that the proposed rule is for TWO-LEG pairings only. So if it is to extend flight time to 10hrs on a two leg flight then where are we going to be able to use this??
Just ask "Big Al" to put that two leg rule in writing...he won't.

So Diesel'sRule: I don't believe you, I think your statement is just flame-bait, and I bit on the bait.

I don't flame bait... I just do my homework and can see past the propagada to what the actual agenda is.

Eagleflip said:
Deisel9--do you have a link for that study?

Search for the NASA tech memorandum number 11040. Also look at:
The Battelle Memorial Institute
An Overview of the Scientific Literature
Concerning Fatigue, Sleep, and the Circadian Cycle

Interesting that the above memo was written by the same doctor who is currently working with B6 on this initiative...except now he's on the payroll.

freightdogfred said:
I hope you blue dudes don't mind me posting it here but why start a new thread?

AirTran Airways Reports All-Time Record Traffic in July

Come Nov 1st or thereabouts, Jetblue will begin flts from ROC and BUF to their Florida mkts. These routes will be the first truly head to head competition between AirTran's 717 and Jetblue's 190.

It will pit the established carrier and their popular 717's against the new 190 and B6's heavyweight marketing image. Any guess' on who the winner will be?:D

Flying Freddie said:
Wrong L/C.
Really?

Soooo, I guess those first 190's are going elsewhere. I just flew up to ROC and was told by an FA that the first 190 cities will be announced in September. He said he had no information where they would be going first but said upstate to Florida is definitely a priority for seasonal service.

In any case, I believe it will happen sooner rather than later, so the competition will be interesting..............for a short time.:)

lowecur said:
Come Nov 1st or thereabouts, Jetblue will begin flts from ROC and BUF to their Florida mkts. These routes will be the first truly head to head competition between AirTran's 717 and Jetblue's 190.

It will pit the established carrier and their popular 717's against the new 190 and B6's heavyweight marketing image. Any guess' on who the winner will be?:D

The consumer! They will both lower the price to the point where they will generate excess travel to the FL markets.

Once that novelty wears off the winner will be the one with the lowest CASM's. My guess is AirTran. The established 717 should clearly cost less then the introduction of a totaly new airframe and fleet type. Even with B6's PATHETIC 190 pay rates. B6's CASM's should come down once more 190's are on the property but that may take some time.

G4G5 said:
The consumer! They will both lower the price to the point where they will generate excess travel to the FL markets.

Once that novelty wears off the winner will be the one with the lowest CASM's. My guess is AirTran. The established 717 should clearly cost less then the introduction of a totaly new airframe and fleet type. Even with B6's PATHETIC 190 pay rates. B6's CASM's should come down once more 190's are on the property but that may take some time.
Actually the 190 should have a better CASM than the 717. In June 2004, the CASM for AAI was 8.46 with lower fuel prices and very close to an all 717 fleet. A year later the CASM is 9.02 with higher fuel and the addition of quite a few CASM reducing 737NGs.

The 190 has no cost history at this point, but I don't see Boeing or Airbus countering their marketing boasts of lower CASMs than the 717, and 318. The addition of the 737NG on longer routes for AAI will actually lower the companies overall CASM, and the 190 will actually increase the overall CASM for B6 by about a point as their available seats approach the 320 over time. The real genius of the 190 will be the increased RASM from the shorter legs. This is where they will make their money.

Those pathetic pay rates were instituted to compete with US Airways, United, and DL who all have access to the 170 and will soon find themselves with 190s. Those rates were all in effect before B6 came to their decision. If you expect B6 to rollover to pilot pressure and not be competitive, you have sorely misjudged their mgt capability.

Last edited:
Jetblue's Policies are Negative

I can't wait to leave my regional so I can get worse rules and regional pay at a "Major." I am already tired after flying 4 legs a day from Texas to the Northeast, and now Jetblue and a few of their pilots want to make my life even worse. I can't wait, sign me up. I got some friends that want to go to a real airline, like Continental. You Jetblue guys must lay yogurt in your shorts every time you see a 777. Peace out.

lowecur said:
Actually the 190 should have a better CASM than the 717. In June 2004, the CASM for AAI was 8.46 with lower fuel prices and very close to an all 717 fleet. A year later the CASM is 9.02 with higher fuel and the addition of quite a few CASM reducing 737NGs.

The 190 has no cost history at this point, but I don't see Boeing or Airbus countering their marketing boasts of lower CASMs than the 717, and 318. The addition of the 737NG on longer routes for AAI will actually lower the companies overall CASM, and the 190 will actually increase the overall CASM for B6 by about a point as their available seats approach the 320 over time. The real genius of the 190 will be the increased RASM from the shorter legs. This is where they will make their money.

Those pathetic pay rates were instituted to compete with US Airways, United, and DL who all have access to the 170 and will soon find themselves with 190s. Those rates were all in effect before B6 came to their decision. If you expect B6 to rollover to pilot pressure and not be competitive, you have sorely misjudged their mgt capability.

Their is no way that you can justify that addition of a fleet type of 1,2,3, 10 or 15 can compete with an established fleet type. Especially that of a competing LCC's. Economies of scale will not come into play until B6 has at least 25+ 190s.

Which is why going head to head with Lenord is STUPID, the man plays for keeps. It wasn't just DAL that forced B6 out of ATL.

The 190 pay rates will be the death of B6's stellar pilot relationship. Eventually the music has to stop and someone gets stuck in those seats. Those folks are not going to be happy. Which will only lead to inceased 190 costs. Taxi slow, call in sick, poor moral, increased union pressure yada yada. If mgt doesn't eventually roll over they will be the ones who have truly done the "misjudging"

$37 x 75 x 12= $33,300 To commute to reserve as a 190 FO in Kew Gardens. Your take home is around $23,000. Not even 2k a month, they aren't going to find that many takerswhen upgrade times start approaching 10 years (they are all ready around 5). Especially when CAL, UPS, Fedex, Airtran and Luv will still be hiring

You keep telling your self that B6 mgt is smart for instituting those pay rates. You are right, their is no chance it blows up in their face.

Latest resources

Back