• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MN crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't buy this "bullying owner/customer" thing. If I had 100 million dollars in the bank I would have A LOT to live for. Certainly not worth toying with weather and a little 20K pound jet. It's called Pilot In Command.

No difference between a small or large plane when it comes to WX; remember the L-1011 accident in DFW?

I don't buy this "bullying owner/customer" thing. If I had 100 million dollars in the bank I would have A LOT to live for. Certainly not worth toying with weather and a little 20K pound jet. It's called Pilot In Command.

Bullying by owners/customers happens every single day all over the place, and unfortunately ALOT of pilots bow down to that crap.

Not saying that it happened here. I think the pilots, or the captain anyway, simply made a bad choice to land when he had pure evidence of pretty strong wind shear on a 1 mile final.

Bullying by owners/customers happens every single day all over the place, and unfortunately ALOT of pilots bow down to that crap.

Not saying that it happened here. I think the pilots, or the captain anyway, simply made a bad choice to land when he had pure evidence of pretty strong wind shear on a 1 mile final.

I'm confused. Where did you see that they had stong wind shear and KOWA. I thought I heard a windshear alert given out by the RST controller. I was assuming he was talking about Rochester. I may be wrong but I would highly doubt that OWA has windshear alerting equipment.

But you don't have 100 million and based on that comment and your "little Jet" remark you have obviously not flown folks who do. Very often their ego is just as big as their bank account. They do not accept the word no very well.

I like, "Safety is my concern, not your appointments."

And I'm not kidding, I've said it to many people.

sure ya have...

Im sure your employers love that line. "me PIC, me in charge"....

There is nothing to prove, no contest. The pax can say what they want, stomp their feet. Its our job to smile, be sure their catering is right (LOL) and simply fly the plane safely from Point A to B (or its alternate).....regardless of external pressure.

Hold your line on safety (In a polite way) and never fly for a place you cant walk away from in 2 seconds.

I think the pilots, or the captain anyway, simply made a bad choice to land when he had pure evidence of pretty strong wind shear on a 1 mile final.

This is EXACTLY what upset me so much about the ATC clip supplied by WCCO. The average Joe, and obviously many pilots, will take these two pilots for absolute fools for landing with reported windshear and excessively high winds. The windshear was reported from an airport nearly 40 miles away! And even if the RST controller was running all 3 freqs, they'd already switched to advisory freq and never would have heard it. Better yet, even if they had heard it, it didn't apply to their airport.
I feel terrible for these guys. Not only for what happened but now how the misinformed perceives them thanks to that clip.

sure ya have...

Im sure your employers love that line. "me PIC, me in charge"....

There is nothing to prove, no contest. The pax can say what they want, stomp their feet. Its our job to smile, be sure their catering is right (LOL) and simply fly the plane safely from Point A to B (or its alternate).....regardless of external pressure.

Here here, Gulfstream 200. Like it or not, all of you are replaceable. There is another guy just like you who would love to fly for these guys and who won't give them any crap. Not all employers are like that, but my husband has worked for a few of them. Sucks, especially when they don't offer life insurance to guys with families.

I'm praying for all families invovled...

This is EXACTLY what upset me so much about the ATC clip supplied by WCCO. The average Joe, and obviously many pilots, will take these two pilots for absolute fools for landing with reported windshear and excessively high winds. The windshear was reported from an airport nearly 40 miles away! And even if the RST controller was running all 3 freqs, they'd already switched to advisory freq and never would have heard it. Better yet, even if they had heard it, it didn't apply to their airport.
I feel terrible for these guys. Not only for what happened but now how the misinformed perceives them thanks to that clip.

Who reported the 20 knot loss of airspeed on a mile final?

Latest resources

Back