• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MN crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RIP guys, I hope it wasn't a case of the clients bullying the pilots into flying through the weather.
Sad day for all involved.

Either way, whether the clients were bullying them or not...pilots made a bad decision to land there......IF the weather was in fact that bad.

RIP guys, I hope it wasn't a case of the clients bullying the pilots into flying through the weather.
Sad day for all involved.

It's true. You know in charter it's all about the "revenue." They want to go somewhere and they've got be there by a certain time--that's why they choose to charter jets. The company's dispatchers and schedulers will bend over backwards to promise the customer will get whatever they want--no matter what the risk. They don't care about the pilots. They want repeat customers. Not this time...

Sucks.

I'm not sure pilots are ever "bullied" into going anywhere, especially with corporate executives on board. Those types usually are conservative and know the risks.

On a different note, does anyone know if runway 30 is grooved? After a morning of nothing but heavy rain, I wonder if it had drained sufficiently. It's only 5500' and with a slight tailwind...

Also, does the Hawker 800 have reversers? I remember seeing one without them, just the lift dumping system.

RIP

It's true. You know in charter it's all about the "revenue." They want to go somewhere and they've got be there by a certain time--that's why they choose to charter jets. The company's dispatchers and schedulers will bend over backwards to promise the customer will get whatever they want--no matter what the risk. They don't care about the pilots. They want repeat customers. Not this time...

Sucks.

They can promise the customer all they want, and I will do my best to get them that, but I have no problem relaying the fact that things just aren't going as planned. Done it before, and will certainly do it again when needed. If the company queries me on why, I will tell them exactly what I was thinking and how i came up with my decision. I've never been second guessed and have always had my companies support.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back