• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MN crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's true. You know in charter it's all about the "revenue." They want to go somewhere and they've got be there by a certain time--that's why they choose to charter jets. The company's dispatchers and schedulers will bend over backwards to promise the customer will get whatever they want--no matter what the risk. They don't care about the pilots. They want repeat customers. Not this time...

Sucks.

Sad but true. When I flew 135, the Sentient folks were the worst. I finally refused to fly Sentient trips. We had a better environment than most 135 places. If a PIC called a flight for any reason, discussion over. The Director of Ops would always stand behind us. I had a sales person get nasty with me one day and after a confrence call with the D/O and V.P, she was relieved of duty. I wish more 135 outfits were like that.

I'm not sure pilots are ever "bullied" into going anywhere, especially with corporate executives on board. Those types usually are conservative and know the risks.

On a different note, does anyone know if runway 30 is grooved? After a morning of nothing but heavy rain, I wonder if it had drained sufficiently. It's only 5500' and with a slight tailwind...

Also, does the Hawker 800 have reversers? I remember seeing one without them, just the lift dumping system.

RIP

I wish that were true. I have flown many type A personality executives who do not want to hear no for any reason. I have been pushed hard and when I have held firm, had the same folks reuse to fly with me because I told them no. Several even tried the yelling at me thing......yep, that went well.

Hawkers often have T/R's but on most ladings you will never spool them up. Lift Dump is very effective. Very little braking required. I just deploy the T/R's as drag devices.

My husband does some Sentient trips too. There is always the unlderlying fear that if you take matters into your own hands, you will be fired. It's gotta be a tough call for the pilots.

Sounds like a microburst to me. It takes an amazing amount of wind to make those cones go bouncing and rolling across/over taxiways like ground was saying to the maintenance guys.

I'd like to know which direction those cones were going at the time they were reported to be blowing around. When the pilot reported the 20 knot LOSS in IAS, 1 mile final, is when they should of escaped it and gone around.

My husband does some Sentient trips too. There is always the unlderlying fear that if you take matters into your own hands, you will be fired. It's gotta be a tough call for the pilots.

You really gotta explain this little gem.

If your husband has fear of charter dispatchers and the places they want him to operate, he need not be in the cockpit of ANY airplane.

Safety is not optional!

Last edited:
You really gotta explain this little gem.

If your husband has fear of charter dispatchers and the places they want him to operate he need not be in the cockpit of ANY airplane.

x2

The most important person on a plane when I fly, is ME. Everyone else is secondary. If I get there in one piece, so will everyone else. I'll get them there in one piece, thats my job, then they can go close that $50 million deal, thats there job.

Sounds like a microburst to me. It takes an amazing amount of wind to make those cones go bouncing and rolling across/over taxiways like ground was saying to the maintenance guys.

I'd like to know which direction those cones were going at the time they were reported to be blowing around. When the pilot reported the 20 knot LOSS in IAS, 1 mile final, is when they should of escaped it and gone around.

Where are you getting this?

Where are you getting this? [cones being blown around]
The audio clip previously posted has ground telling saying that the cones that were supposed to be on Echo were now on Juliet and would soon be "down near you". Was that at an airport other than OWA?

Latest resources

Back