• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Misleading ALPA Press Release about ATA's Shutdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm new on this forum, but after reading many of your current and previous posts, I have added you to my ignore list.

Your ability to communicate with the ALPA rank-and-file (me included) is non-existent.

Your ranting has the effect of driving those on the fence away from ALPA.

Your logic is not rational, nor can anyone follow it. Your writing style is not coherent.

You may be hard-working, but based on your poorly defended positions, you are likely not an intelligent person.

You are not a good ALPA spokesman (or cheerleader).

I don't like you.

Why am I typing this.... you are ignoring me!

It was sarcasm! Complex humor! dare I say witty??

As one of the guys involved in the DC-10 program, the mid level guys did an amazing job of pulling the program together in the amount of time given. Sure there were nits here and there in manuals etc but that had no bearing on the outcome of the DC-10 operations. The biggest problems were the layoffs of too any mechanics while switching to contract maintenance and simultaniously aquiring DC-10's which had to be reconfigured to an all coach cabin. Anyone who has tried to get a new "old" fleet up to speed knows that it will take more maintenance hours to do so not less. So the aircraft dispatch rates suffered. That being said they were getting better towards the end.

ATA's workrules were above average for the type of flying we did on the DC-10. Our contract was geared more towards scheduled service back in our "big" years. So there was a lot of money to be made on the widebodies doing international long trips. Long trips for us being over 9 days not 18. I'm sure the most costly contract is now the one being trampled in Chap 11 once again. Apparently all the airframes are going back to the leasing companies except the L10's as they were owned outright. It will indeed be interesting to see were those returned airframes end up. Anyone who belives that if these airplanes end up at NA or World and the ATA pilots shouldn't go with them is going to be scheduled for drug tests. Should we be bumping WOA or NAA guys out of their seats I don't think so but if there is growth due to our shutdown then it should be filled with our pilots and with some seniority.

Last edited:
I'm new on this forum
No you aren't. Your former screen names include flamebaiters such as jerk406, Tanker Clown, 400adud, etc... It's a shame that the mods haven't permanently banned your IP address by now.

No you aren't. Your former screen names include flamebaiters such as jerk406, Tanker Clown, 400adud, etc... It's a shame that the mods haven't permanently banned your IP address by now.

It's a shame you cling to the misguided notion that you are some sort of god, who is able to pass judgment on anyone who does not agree with you.

Additionally, you appear to be a union cheerleader without any dignity or self-respect whatsoever...along with that Rezolution guy.

You have no business presuming to tell pilots what they should think. But I guess that's ALPA's specialty.

It's you who should be banned...for gross stupidity and toolishness.

Notice that the flamebaiter didn't deny that he was any of the aforementioned flamebaiters.

Notice that the flamebaiter didn't deny that he was any of the aforementioned flamebaiters.

yes, I am all of those people.

I mean that with the same sincerity as an ALPA pledge to its membership.

In other words, I'm lying through my teeth.

Last edited:
You have no business presuming to tell pilots what they should think. But I guess that's ALPA's specialty..

As an elected rep....he did think..... and offered opinon...in the best intrest of his pilot group...

are you offrnded by opinion?

what have you done to better the profession...

In other words, I'm lying through my teeth.

if you are lying, how do we know they are your teeth?

Last edited:
Rez and Jimmy please take your arguements to pm or another thread.

Also comparing hourly rates between World and ATA doesn't take into account the difference in guarentees. Or rigs, over rides, and overtime rules. Like I said before I think the most costly labor contract is the one in Chap. 11 right now. It's also very interesting to see that many of our airplanes are now ending up at airports with known paint facilities. Things are happening very fast for an unknown Chap. 11 filing. I would hope that if any of these aircraft end up at our "sister" companies that our "brothers" would help make things right. But I know better than to think they will.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back