• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Misery loves Comany: PCL to park 15 CRJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesabi is exactly right. Memo on the wall in MEM ops says 15 gone by the end of October.

Didn't even see it in the bid pack, but 5 of those 15 are gone effective the 1st (or at least not taken into consideration in the block hours flown for the bases, even as spares).

Expecting at least 100 furloughed initially, possibly more to come.

Also expecting to see those 15 in XJ hands before the month is out (hopefully you'll get the old ones with the crappy-a*s seats - no offense).

No one likes to see growth at the other's expense, but this is over the top, even for NWA.

Incidentally, NWA has NOT cancelled any CRJ leases for Mesaba.

Judges ruling..... yeah, I think 100LL meant to be funny!

Can't wait til Monday afternoon after a whole business day of trying to figure out what planes are going where. Would have been easier w/o the advent of RJ's huh? Hang in there fellow red-tailers...

Has anyone found out where I can have stickers made?

MM

The only "catch" is per a SEC filing for the IPO for 9E we were stated to be at 129 aircraft. As of the october lines we are already staffed down to 134 aircraft (5 already parked perhaps?). I don't think they have modified it and 9E has not filed BK.

I only hope that the 15 we may be giving to XJ causes no furloughs on thier property. Losing the 15 for 9E would give us a decent staffing level for now and I know with winter coming I would prefer decent staffing vs short staffing and constant junior assignements and extensions. Furloughing 100-150 from 9E's property would only last a few months due to current attrition and short staffing.

Last time I checked, on 139 airfraimes... CA staffing was 3.7 per airframe, FO were closer to 4.5 per airframe. Take the 15 away and we move closer to 4.4 and 5.1 per airframe OR normal staffing!

Some of this does not make sense, 9E just adjusted the Dec vacancy for more CA's and FO's...but we are parking 15 by Oct 31st.

The only other option is we are taking 15 44 seat a/c out of service to convert to 50 seat aircraft, in that case both 9E and XJ lose intially. It is well known NWA wants the 44 seat a/c converted.

Regardless, when it filters down to the regionals, you know it will be a long hard ride for anyone under the red tail family. Heck, NWA just filed 10 days ago? and this crap is already starting... What's next?

Currently, there are four classes in different phases of new hire FO training.. (2 still in ground school, 2 are finishing up sim training). The question I have is why would 9E continue spending money on training if they'll eventually forlough, it makes no sence. one possible answer is with high attrition, they might not need to forlough anyone.
Any thoughts on that????

Dondk is right, if we lose 15 aircraft, I doubt we will furlough...we will finally be staffed correctly for the first time in 4-5 years.
As much I didn't want to see 70-90 seaters at 9E or XJ, I think we will see them early 2006. The question is...will it be the CRJ 700/900 or E-170/190's?

Why would XJ be getting 9E planes? I don't think they would ready to staff them by the end of October.

Rumor Alert

At CAE in YUL, PCL VP's were on the schedule for the EMB 170 sim this past week.

Latest resources

Back