Misery loves Comany: PCL to park 15 CRJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
from an email received by a friend tonight:
Late this afternoon, the Pinnacle MEC was informed by senior Pinnacle management
that the company will be parking 15 aircraft before the end of the year. The
exact timetable of this reduction will not be known until tomorrow. Management
has yet to determine whether any pilot furloughs will be necessary.

Members of the MEC leadership will be meeting with management on Monday morning
to discuss the situation.

We will issue a more detailed update tomorrow afternoon.
----------------

Best wishes to all affected--it is a crime that you are being manipulated this way. Stay strong.

Last edited:
I am very, very low on the senority list, and I feel that i have my job still becuase they can't even staff the planes they have right now

I'm surprised the Pinnacle Haters haven't come out of the woodwork with this announcement.

405 said:
I'm surprised the Pinnacle Haters haven't come out of the woodwork with this announcement.

405 -

Maybe you should see my post called "Thank you 9E pilots" where I thanked the Pinnacle pilots for taking the high road when it was announced Mesaba was losing the Avros.

In return, it seems pilots are being real and not kicking people when they are down.

I am disappointed that with this news, you only ask why no one is stirring the pot. We have much bigger problems to worry about. Perhaps this is how you express your frustration. However, you really need to cut it out.

Unreal...

I'm not trying to be a wise4ss here, but a situation like this has been talked about for some time. i.e., taking 15 CRJ's from 9E and changing their tail numbers to N---XJ. Boy, what a way for NWA to pull out all the stops. Re-allocating these A/C to XJ would halt the increase of inefficient 50 seaters in the NWA fleet as well as help to pressure the 9E guys into a 5hitty contract. I can really see XJ's CRJ deliveries (if we get any more) to come from the 9E stockpile rather than from Montreal. (Heck, they're already painted and we've been handed 9E's A/C before!) Hang tough 9E guys and gals, looks like we're all in for some changes...and a rough ride.

MM

9E guys and gals. Mesaba pilots do not want to grow at your or anyone elses expense. Is it possible not to?, I don't know. I am not saying we will, but we don't want that type of bs happening. But I do and most all of us do realize that pilots do not make these decisions. The best anyone of us can do is hold tight on contract demands and fight concessions as much as possible. I hope that you can drag out your negotiations as long as possible, in order to put as much distance from this bk filing as you can. I truely feal it would be in your best interest. Keep your heads up and don't let them knock your spirits down.

Butters said:
405 -

Maybe you should see my post called "Thank you 9E pilots" where I thanked the Pinnacle pilots for taking the high road when it was announced Mesaba was losing the Avros.

In return, it seems pilots are being real and not kicking people when they are down.

I am disappointed that with this news, you only ask why no one is stirring the pot. We have much bigger problems to worry about. Perhaps this is how you express your frustration. However, you really need to cut it out.

I'm not trying to "stir the pot", Butters. I was only expressing my surprise that no one had come forth with sarcasm and smart a$$ comments about Pinnacle which is usually the case here at The Hangar. The usual stains have been quiet this time.

I am disappointed about the news also.

Last edited:
Rumor heard from flip side

Yes I've heard this rumor about parking CRJ's too, except more than 15. And I've heard furlough's are in order at 9E. How many? Don't know for sure. N.W.A. has cancelled the lease on the CRJ's for Mesaba though and the rumor has it 9E will be giving up R.J.'s to Mesaba since they are parking their Avro's. All rumors and speculation out of Memphis. We shall see what happens at 9E

Mtnjam said:
N.W.A. has cancelled the lease on the CRJ's for Mesaba though and the rumor has it 9E will be giving up R.J.'s to Mesaba since they are parking their Avro's.

cancelled CRJ leases? when? :confused:

Look,

Main-line flying is going down the tubes, ITS CALLED BANKRUPTCY. No offence, but did you guys think you would make it thru unscathed?

Latest resources

Back