Misery loves Comany: PCL to park 15 CRJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fly4hire said:
I'd say the NWA pilots are paying a much steeper price. How many PCL pilots have been hired since 9/11? How many have and will be furloughed? Ooops, I forgot, there might even be some pilots that will have the required flight hour minimums when they get a chance to upgrade to Capt. on the CRJ. The pain, the pain.....
Why does it have to be "we are hurting worse than you"... "we need it more than you"... "our mechanics can beat up your mechanics...? What does THAT kind of rhetoric do for ANY of us?

How many PCL pilots since 9/11? Approximately 800.

How many have and will be furloughed? 100 after 9/11 (including me - my 2nd furlough for that year), and now probably another 100, until the NEXT round of aircraft parking is announced, then another hundred or two more.

EVERYONE is hurting... NO ONE is safe... We don't need to continue this type of bickering, it solves nothing and helps no one.

Mesabi Miner said:
Hey all,

Feel free to use the avatar. Let's show some unity and express our collective opinion of NWA.

MM

The avatar says more about the user than NWA. Guys, if you want to get thru this it is going to take alot more than this..... you need to go from zero to full speed and you haven't turned on the motor.....

Stay Sane.

157 pilots were furloughed 11 days after 9/11 (I was one of them too). Another 35 or so who were in various stages of training were outright let go. Of the 157 furloughee's, about 140 returned within 87 days. 5 or 6 of the 35 let go were offered positions after the company hired 100 or so ahead of them. The others were not even offered an opportunity to return.

Currently Pinnacle has "refugee's" from the USAir wholly owned regionals, Indy Air (ACA) and 38 still standing NWA furloughees.

Bottom line, this will be a lesson for our 800 or so guys hired after the last furlough. Hopefully they will keep this in mind in 2-3 years when our contract may be ratified. The sad part is the dude that may be furloughed, will make more on unemployment than guarantee.

Varies by state as I recall... Living in PA I made more on unemployment then when I was working.

Guarantee is only 75 hours at 21 per hour (rounded) less than $400 per week before taxes.

100LL... Again! said:
That's why I said "figure out a way", you craven little PFT whore.

Still in the business of rationalizing your own actions while bashing others?

God#$%& you 100LL, you crusty old Facist! Don't you realize you're talking to the "Resident ALPA Defender"? This young man has repented the evil of paying to play pilot while hundreds of South Florida CFIs struggled in the oppressive heat in ratty old C150s and begged for multi-engine flight time. He has confessed his sins and realizes the folly of getting a leg up into a new CRJ at 500 hours while crusty old Freight Dogs flew clapped out Barons at night in the ice and thunderstorms and sent thousands of resumes during the day between Ramen noodle entres and catnaps on the floor of a rusting mobile home.

This is not, as someone else posted on another thread about him, a case of "FYIGM". He really has seen the light. He is now a valued leader of the anti-RJDC movement, a firebreathing Unionist and ALPA supporter. You are not fit to carry his flightbag, you bitter old corporate piston wanker. You could learn a thing or two from this young man.

And further ...
I and many of the GIA guys sit in the top half of the seniority list
... you may be looking at him across a table in an interview one day, if you decide to go back into 121.

Minh

Last edited:
I WOULD HAVE forgave him for his crimes against the profession, except...

Follow me for a moment snakers. I know you don't believe in my Bible, but there are still a lot of worthwhile stories in it, fictitious as they may be.

There is a story about a man who owed a lot to the king. The king demanded payment. The man begged for mercy and the king was moved by this and forgave the debt. No sooner did this occur than the just-forgiven man went off and demanded payment of a tiny little debt from his neighbor. When the neighbor begged for mercy, he had him thrown in debtor's prisin. So, while he was forgiven a very large debt, he himself would not forgive a very small debt.

This, essentially, is why I think PCL is a raving hypocrite and a disgrace o the profession and conservatives everywhere.

He has delicately and soothingly explained away how he must be forgiven for his ignorance, and why he deserves a 'second chance', so to speak.

At the same time, he plans to come down like a ton of bricks on any g0 jet pilot he meets.

You see, he explains, HE didn't know better, but THEY should.

I am more inclined to forgive a long-time professional who needs a job than a snot-nosed punk who wanted to cut in line.

As far as your ridiculous notion that I'm not fit to carry his flight bag? Nice try a psychology. I've been busting my a$$ for years in this business, and was flying approaches to mins when PCL was still in high school. He could stand to learn a lot from me, rather.

And him sitting at an interview board across from me?
If you knew my current position, you could see how that is impossible. Actually, it would be more likely to be the other way.

PCL is trying to wash off the stink of being a PFT whore. He is doing it being as hard on others as possible. He's an a44-kissing pantywaist loser.

He will never know what it is like to work hard for a flying job and build the hours slowly, earning every one.

He will never know what it is like to be responsible for an airplane all by yourself, in weather, without a PIC along to sweep up your f-ups and hold your hand.

This overcompensation on his part is laughable. You know, when some people become religious, one of the first things they do is go around telling everyone that they are going to he11 if they don't shape up.

You would think that they would llike to put a little distance between their sins and when they appoint themselves to the judgement seat.

I'd laught just as hard if Martha Stewart wanted to sit on Ken Lay's jury.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back