Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dude,

thats so stupid..

rich dady ?? try student loans and living in your car, and motel 8 while working as a cfi, and flying freight.. oh well. whatever dude

flagshipper said:
What is worse than working you arse off for 20k in miserable work conditions and shatty managament...... Being furloughed from a 20k a year job. I am praying for all yall who could be affected by this.

How about being furloughed from a $120K/yr job after 8 yrs (and 20 + yrs flying)at your airline, with kids in college and retirement looming because your company is in Ch11 and is outsourcing your job to $20K/yr FO's with little TT or expereince? Glad all you RedTail 9E/XJ guys and gals stick together. I notice that doesn't extend to the Red Tail from whence your jobs sprang and the pilots at NWA that your parasitic career is feeding on.

You have no idea how sick I am of listening to you guys drool about getting that 70/90 seat jet at the cost of more of our pilots, and now whining when someone parks one of you jets. We have 500 on the street, soon to be joined by another 400, with another 1000 possibly after that.

I realize it's our respective companies, not the pilots, but some of you carry on like the relatives fighting over the estate of a not yet dead relative. Shameful.

Last edited:
I'm feeling so much love in this room..

Mtnjam said:
N.W.A. Mainline's union has already declined the offer to fly them. Mainline guys will not touch these Aircraft.

Not for what they are willing to pay, there is a difference between mainline rates and regional rates. Mainline guys are not willing to sell down to regional rates, can you blame them?

I have been hearing the70-90 seat rumors for almost 2 years now. If I was Nonconnah I would be spreading those as quick as I could. Otherwise the revolving door at the bottom will go into hyperdrive!

Who, if anyone would want to come work at 9E if we are:
1. parking aircraft
2. reducing flying and increasing reserve time
3. possibly downgrading or not upgrading for years
4. a contract that will be stalled due to NWA's BK
5. Less I forget, start new hires below the poverty level.

No hotel, no signing bonus, no $200 per week will make anyone want to come to 9E.

Even if we play the 70-90 seat game (and it will be a game), how many of those larger regionals jets will we need to improve QOL? 10? 20? I'd guess closer to 50. I am in the top 1/3 of the sen. list, 20 larger regioanls would not even get me to reserve in that fleet. In the regular fleet I may move to 14 days off... NO QOL in my opinion, just a few more days off and that is IF we would staff this airline correctly.

405 said:
Maybe some of our corporate managers need to chop their pay down a few notches and see what life's like on 20 or 30K a year instead of 100 to 200K. There's a way we could save a few jobs.

They're response to your comment would be that you should of studied business and got an MBA instead of a pilots license.

Redmeat said:
They're response to your comment would be that you should of studied business and got an MBA instead of a pilots license.

Maybe so but I'd love to see them live for a month like most of their employees live.

Fly4hire said:
You have no idea how sick I am of listening to you guys drool about getting that 70/90 seat jet at the cost of more of our pilots, and now whining when someone parks one of you jets. We have 500 on the street, soon to be joined by another 400, with another 1000 possibly after that.

I realize it's our respective companies, not the pilots, but some of you carry on like the relatives fighting over the estate of a not yet dead relative. Shameful.

Dude, you're kidding me, right??? I would venture to say that a majority of the regional pilots don't want 70/90 flying. Why would we want to see that flying on our hands and see the (what used to be) "lucrative" mainline jobs disappear?!?!? We honestly feel for you guys and the sh!tty situation that managment has put you in. But dont go spewing about all of us "newbies" wanting to kill your jobs for the sake of our "shortsighted" employment goals...

Fly4hire said:

I must have missed the part on this thread where they were jumping for joy at getting 70/90 seat jets. Why are they not allowed to complain when 15 of their aircraft are getting parked?

I must have also missed the part where airline management got together with the pilot groups of PCL and XJ and asked them what type of equipment they would like to fly and how much of NWA's flying they think they might want.

Fly4hire said:
How about being furloughed from a $120K/yr job after 8 yrs (and 20 + yrs flying)at your airline

I didn't realize anyone who had been at NWA for 8 years was on furlough. So what airline is it you speak of?

By the way, thanks for lumping us all together. There are several posts from 9E/XJ pilots wishing the best for NWA pilots. I have some good friends that are or will be on the street soon.

Direct your rant at the people who caused this and not those that are paying the price just like you.

Funny thing... a similar situation happened at my last company in CH .11. Memos about parking aircraft and a reduction in flying managed to worry the pilots so much that there was a mass exodus. The airplanes obtained new leases and most returned to the fleet after a few months. The company had to begin hiring again just so they could operate.

If our situation is at all similar to previous airlines in CH 11 we have nothing to worry about. All this is about renogotiating leases. It has happened to every other CH 11 predecessor and is currently happening to us. 15 aircraft may just be the beginning and then those airplanes may never actually leave the fleet. One month is an eternity in this business and is even more so under CH 11. Any outcome is possible and only the Bankrupcy Judge can decide that outcome now.

Latest resources

Back