Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ultrarunner said:
Two years probation for that???
No...he got two years probation for getting caught!!! hehehehehehe.

My best friend back in the 1970's wanted me to drive his Chevelle while he pounded a mail box or two dozen. While he was hanging out the passenger window, I almost severed that red neck off at the hips on the first one...the dumb ass. He's probably still using a trowel and cinder blocks to make a living.

I would hope the airlines would not hire someone that was not mature enough at 18 to know not to smash mailboxes. Should have thought about the consequences before you did the act. Just because you graduated high school is no excuse for behaviour like that. Personally I would not hire you to fly airplanes for my company.

You might want to factor in that many pilots do sit on the hiring boards and this information will most likely be a major negative with many on the boards.

Who knows. You might celebrate getting the job by blowing something up?

32LT10 said:
I would hope the airlines would not hire someone that was not mature enough at 18 to know not to smash mailboxes. Should have thought about the consequences before you did the act. Just because you graduated high school is no excuse for behaviour like that. Personally I would not hire you to fly airplanes for my company.

You might want to factor in that many pilots do sit on the hiring boards and this information will most likely be a major negative with many on the boards.

Who knows. You might celebrate getting the job by blowing something up?

Pleasssse. So you gonna penalize an 18 year old kid for the rest of his life cause he did something stupid at graduation??? If we did that half the male population would be out of work.

Can you honestly say you have never done something stupid?. See the thing is your the type of person that makes this industry crap. It's ****************************** bags like you that bend over and take it from management whilst saying `please sir can I have another'.

Give the kid a break. There are much worse things going on in the world rather than batting 60 against a mailbox.

Last edited:
yeah, whatever, it was just a mailbox, until you have to replace one some jack@$$ destroyed, or how about losing an letter you have been waiting for

it's bull$hit that some dumb@$$es emulate from the movies, drinking beers and smashing mailboxes, yeah thats reaaaaaaaaaaal cool

most of the time nothing more comes of it than a misdemeanor or some BS, even though it is a felony offense, and rightly so

some kid where i live smashed a doctors mailbox, and since the Doc had the money for the lawyer, the jerk kid was charged with a felony, yuck yuck yuck

aussiefly said:
Can you honestly say you have never done something stupid?. See the thing is your the type of person that makes this industry crap. It's ****************************** bags like you that bend over and take it from management whilst saying `please sir can I have another'.

Yes, I can honestly say I have never commited a felony, never vandalized, destroyed anyones property or stolen. Funny thing is I have never had the desire to do so. Not sure how you get your correlation from commiting crimes to the realities of the industry as far as contracts go. But whatever floats your boat.

Since I work for a major airline and this felon wishes to work for an airline. If I were on the review board I would not hire him. I suspect that many on the hiring boards would feel the same way. If you have two candidates and one has a conviction for smashing mailboxes (oh how sweet and cute it really is I suppose) and the other was a law abiding student/citizen/young adult that was focused on his actions then I bet the board hires the good guy and tells the crook to take a hike.

I suppose you support leniancy for those kids that were using baseball bats on the homeless in FLL. Caught the buggers on CCTV and they were all rich kids that had every opportunity in the world. Yet they chose crime and without consequences they will never learn their lesson. This chap would be a great guest speaker at high schools with his McDonalds outfit on explaining how he lost his dream career due to STUPID actions.

Just like Limbaugh, Kennedy and this bloke. You break the laws there needs to be reasons to not do it in the future and there needs to be penalties for a persons actions. This kid did not call the cops and confess. He like Limbaugh and Kennedy confess their improprieties once they get nipped. Situational ethics don't play in my camp.

Wow, a little self-righteous aren't we? Kennedy and Limbaugh weren't 18 years old out with their buddies either. They were well into their careers and obviously much wiser than they were right out of high school.

Get over yourself.

I've never vandalized property either and I would not hire someone that had. Its a pretty crappy thing to do. What if a 'kid' keyed your car; would you just excuse it? Just kids.... Don't think so.

No, I would not excuse it. I have had my mailbox dinged twice in the last year or two. Yes it pisses you off having to install a new one. My point is that because a kid does something dumb, why should he have to carry a relatively minor screw-up around forever?

Do you know what happens in FL if you are a starving CFI or poor college student and get pulled over after skipping your car insurance payment that month because you were trying to feed yourself? You get a misdemeanor on your record. Exactly what happened to me at 18.

Some punishments are rightfully justified and some aren't. I guess thats my point.

Latest resources

Back