• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Miracle on the Hudson: brought to you by Union workers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Along of all the good things that "ALPA" has done, In the past they should have put a clamp down on PFT programs (certain people here would not have the job they have) Should have never farmed out any Jet flying, or even Brand flying for that matter. If it says (insert company name here) on the ticket, then it sure as hell better be flown by pilots on that damn seniority list.

Anything else ALPA has done is eyewash compared to the utterly disgracefull lack of foresight that organization has had regarding the career of a Pilot. For the amount of money that has flowed into the coffers of that forsaken union, scratch that ASSOCIATION, it could very well and should have very well done a MUCH better job at being the custodian of our careers........

I can't believe this is actually a contentious thread. Absolutely ridiculous. If all of you dissenters would get off of your collective ass and do something for your union instead of sitting around bitching about it all the time *cough*JoeyMerchant*cough*, then maybe you could improve some of the things that you perceive are wrong with your union.

I can't believe some total moron has the blatant stupidity to correlate union action to the act of correctly flying an aircraft in a dire situation and supporting the emergency action with just cause. This thread was started to ride the coat tails of a fortunete circumstance without merit, the fact that ALPA was flushed by USAPA speaks volumes of their peformance for the entire pilot community.

The passengers left "Sully's and crew" aircraft successfully.
The pilot's of USAIR left ALPA successfully.

But again, union aliance had zero effect on the out come of this action.

I can't believe some total moron has the blatant stupidity to correlate union action to the act of correctly flying an aircraft in a dire situation and supporting the emergency action with just cause. This thread was started to ride the coat tails of a fortunete circumstance without merit, the fact that ALPA was flushed by USAPA speaks volumes of their peformance for the entire pilot community.
Um, not to disregard what you said, but the reason the Us Airways pilots left ALPA was to flush the Nicolau award. That and that alone!
The passengers left "Sully's and crew" aircraft successfully.
Agreed!
That remains to be seen. How many lawsuits against the new USAPA union?

But again, union aliance had zero effect on the out come of this action.
Agreed!

Um, not to disregard what you said, but the reason the Us Airways pilots left ALPA was to flush the Nicolau award. That and that alone!
Right...this horse hasn't been beaten to death. What a FRESH new approach

No...I have never held the highly coveted, ethereal position of a Union Officer. I'm out on the line...flying...not looking for an excuse to stay on the ground.

Those of us that are "looking for an excuse to stay on the ground" are the ones doing all of the work that keeps your career from from becoming a minimum wage job with 5 days off a month while you sit on your ass and complain without contributing anything to the cause.

These pilots thanked USAPA.

Correction: the copilot thanked uSAPa. I don't believe Captain Sullenburger has mentioned uSAPa once.

They were certainly successful at bailing out, but they haven't been successful at building a functioning union. Over 2,000 USAirways pilots still refuse to pay dues. Not a single representative has been elected from the West domiciles. uSAPa is a mess.

They'll be back in another year or so. Count on it.

All pilot unions are a mess. Name one that could stand up to management and go on strike this winter? Hopefully this will change some day. Remember what it was like 20+ years ago? Hopefully some day we will go back to what we had.

Those of us that are "looking for an excuse to stay on the ground" are the ones doing all of the work that keeps your career from from becoming a minimum wage job with 5 days off a month while you sit on your ass and complain without contributing anything to the cause.
The cause of what? Funding Worthless' and Prater's retirement pensions? Go give you're speech to the skywest pilots. It'd probably be easier if you got down from your cross, first.

Correction: the copilot thanked uSAPa. I don't believe Captain Sullenburger has mentioned uSAPa once.
Noted.

They were certainly successful at bailing out, but they haven't been successful at building a functioning union. Over 2,000 USAirways pilots still refuse to pay dues. Not a single representative has been elected from the West domiciles. uSAPa is a mess.

They'll be back in another year or so. Count on it.

Actually your wrong on that. Seems that many west pilots are getting paid up and current. Maybe not joining but at least paying the fees.

Also PHX now has a Rep for the domicile, which will also oversee LAS. And guess what, It's a West pilot too. Soooooo it's moving...slowly, but moving....we'll see. Still better than alpa...

Oh, and BTW, with your background. I personally feel you have no real position to talk regarding union solidarity or such. Don't care if you've repented or reformed, it just isn't right...

Latest resources

Back