• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Miracle on the Hudson: brought to you by Union workers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let him answer that......doubt he will....

I've never hidden anything. In fact, I've always been completely open about it. Dumb decision a decade ago, didn't know any better, now regret it, and I speak out against it so today's newbies don't make the same mistake. Pretty simple, really.

I've never hidden anything. In fact, I've always been completely open about it. Dumb decision a decade ago, didn't know any better, now regret it, and I speak out against it so today's newbies don't make the same mistake. Pretty simple, really.
Mistake? Surely you empathize to some degree with today's pilot when they see it for what it is: A fast track to better pay, no?

It's simple. He saw an advantage to step in front of other people that weren't willing to line a $cabs pockets with cash. A mistake. I guess all the advertising and such that led you to GIA, didn't give you the feeling something was fishy???

And now, ALPA's best cheerleader is on here saying...Ohhh it's ok he's paid his pittance. And he talks out against it. Of course he does, just like ALPA lackeys, he has done what was needed to be done to leverage him at any cost against anyone else, and now he stands for what is right. GMAFB.

The only reason I can think that Rez is humping PCL leg so hard is he is helping alpa get in at airtran??? Or at least promoting it???? I mean it's friggen hypocritical of both of you, it's sickening. As long as PCL is willing to carry alpa's water, I guess he is forgiven??? Like the CO pilots etc etc???? need that revenue stream don't ya. Selling your soul out, for whatever it takes.

If I had to take a guess, I would say if alpa gets in at airtran, the next step will be pcl no longer flying as he attempts to get a career alpa position...

Imagine how much more hate and vitriol you could spew if he was indifferent or even remained steadfast that GIA was the right choice....

I can't believe this is actually a contentious thread. Absolutely ridiculous. If all of you dissenters would get off of your collective ass and do something for your union instead of sitting around bitching about it all the time *cough*JoeyMerchant*cough*, then maybe you could improve some of the things that you perceive are wrong with your union.

Maybe you should shut your mouth, or is it too difficult with your shoe stuck in it? You have no idea how much Joe has done for the union.

You won't hear Skywest or JetBlue pilots thanking ALPA for CrewPass either, but they sure like it. You won't hear pilots thanking ALPA for wx radar, TCAS, EGPWS, etc..., but it saves lives. You won't hear a lot of pilots ever thanking their union for anything.......until they get into trouble and need the union to protect their ass.

TCAS and GPWS may have been fought for by ALPA, but it was the FAA that mandated both, based on several accidents, both in the US and abroad. You trying to say that ALPA alone brought us TCAS or GPWS is asinine.

The cause of what? Funding Worthless' and Prater's retirement pensions? Go give you're speech to the skywest pilots. It'd probably be easier if you got down from your cross, first.

Noted.

Don't forget, PCL and Rez defended the ALPA presidents compensation package, yet bitch about CEO salaries.

Again, ALPA lemmings want to take credit for everything...yet do not claim responsibility when someone bends metal or kills someone. Cannot have it both ways...ALPA is used to giving it one way..and you usually have to bent over for it.

When I was an ALPA member, I thanked them everyday for the R&D into WX Radar and GPWS. I asked to visit their R&D center but oddly no one got back to me for it.

How is ALPA's effort on fatigue issues? How many years will that take. Maybe Prater can put together a Blue Ribbon Panel and then ignore their suggestions and do what he wants anyway...sort of like the age 65 thing.

How has the profession advanced in the past 10 years? Had pay gone up...or down.

I once supported ALPA's efforts..but I saw the corrupt and selfserving leadership at nearly every level destroy what once was a proud union. A good day was when I turned in my card and threw away my pin and left ALPA behind.

As for the GIA thing...I am not surprised..at all.

You won't hear Skywest or JetBlue pilots thanking ALPA for CrewPass either, but they sure like it. You won't hear pilots thanking ALPA for wx radar, TCAS, EGPWS, etc..., but it saves lives. You won't hear a lot of pilots ever thanking their union for anything.......until they get into trouble and need the union to protect their ass.

TCAS was from FAA mandates, if ALPO wanted it so bad, why did cargo, like FedEx, not get included? I mean FedEx pilots put in enough dues, and it's all about the money right?

GPWS initiated from NASA, exploited by ALPO, mandated by FAA.

EGPWS mandated by the FAA.

CrewPass, tried un-successfully in Baltimore last summer and presently stalled. Besides was'nt that the aurgument for ALPO about 2 years ago?

Latest resources

Back