• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mine was a yes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy, what exactly do you mean by "just because the company made a bad decision doesn't mean you should"?
You can't possibly be referring to a vote for ALPA can you??? I think his example is just one of many that people are trying to make to show that perhaps there really is a need for ALPA here on the property, and that voting for it would not only not be a "bad decision", but a prudent one!!
Again, an example of hearing what you want to hear. Let me try this again. Just because the company made a bad decision in giving out your cell phone number, doesn't mean that you should make a bad decision in talking directly to the FAA. See? Had nothing to do with ALPA.

Again, an example of hearing what you want to hear. Let me try this again. Just because the company made a bad decision in giving out your cell phone number, doesn't mean that you should make a bad decision in talking directly to the FAA. See? Had nothing to do with ALPA.

Or maybe it's an example of you "hearing what you want to hear"?? You'll notice I posed this to you as a question, with a question mark at the end?

I was really at a deadlock, thinking “yes” one day and “no” the next...

I'll second SkyNation's comment, Well stated!! Anyway, I've posted this before, but here's a few questions to ponder and hopefully help you make up your mind...

If you called in fatigued and your chief pilot wanted you in his office ASAP to explain your actions would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?

If you were involved in an accident or an incident would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?

If you had issues with your medical would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?

If you busted a checkride or PC would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?

If the current management personnel at SkyWest were to change (actually happening as we speak) would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?

If a crewmember or passenger injured themselves onboard your aircraft would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?

If we were to merge seniority lists with ASA would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?

SAPA elections have a 20% voter turnout. Who would better able to unify the SkyWest pilot group ALPA or SAPA?

Do you like working 5 and 6 days in a row, with only two days off in between, it happens every month with PBS to junior and senior crewmembers alike. I know reserves being sent on 5 and 6 day TDY trips (That's 5 and 6 days straight flying away from home with no days off) Who would be better suited to address scheduling issues, ALPA or SAPA?

I hate paying 150 bucks a month for car and homeowners insurance, but what if?

How much is your ATP or Commercial certificate worth to you? ALPA may not get me a raise? but 2% is cheap career insurance.

Hey Andy, forgive me if this has already been covered here but are you still at SkyWest?

I heard you were wrongfully terminated, is this true?

-Goo

rightous? thats sarcasm right?

what did they terminate you for?

Do you remember me? you taught me emb systems in feb of 2000 (wow im old)

-Jason Ianiro

rightous? thats sarcasm right?

what did they terminate you for?

Do you remember me? you taught me emb systems in feb of 2000 (wow im old)

-Jason Ianiro

Remember you well. No sarcasm at all. It was a righteous bust.

Know of any good barbecue places?

you remember me always talkin BBQ?

thats funny, are you still in SLC?

get down to Blues City Cafe next time you are in MEM, at 2nd and Beale, dont screw around with that half rack B.S. just get the full rack, its only 5 buxx more, lotsa extra sauce on the side, ummm,

man I better go to bed, I am droolin on my leg,

so damn skywest fired ya, was it that Fizer clown?

I'll second SkyNation's comment, Well stated!! Anyway, I've posted this before, but here's a few questions to ponder and hopefully help you make up your mind...​

If you called in fatigued and your chief pilot wanted you in his office ASAP to explain your actions would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?​

If you were involved in an accident or an incident would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?​

If you had issues with your medical would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?​

If you busted a checkride or PC would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?​

If the current management personnel at SkyWest were to change (actually happening as we speak) would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?​

If a crewmember or passenger injured themselves onboard your aircraft would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?​

If we were to merge seniority lists with ASA would you want ALPA or SAPA representing you?​

SAPA elections have a 20% voter turnout. Who would better able to unify the SkyWest pilot group ALPA or SAPA?​

Do you like working 5 and 6 days in a row, with only two days off in between, it happens every month with PBS to junior and senior crewmembers alike. I know reserves being sent on 5 and 6 day TDY trips (That's 5 and 6 days straight flying away from home with no days off) Who would be better suited to address scheduling issues, ALPA or SAPA?​

I hate paying 150 bucks a month for car and homeowners insurance, but what if?​

How much is your ATP or Commercial certificate worth to you? ALPA may not get me a raise? but 2% is cheap career insurance.​
MYFpilot,

Thanks for the comments. Just for the record, I did vote yes, hence the title of the thread. :)

ALPA was the answer that I gave for most of the questions, but I just don't think the question of whether or not to certify a union was as simple as comparing SAPA to ALPA. At least not for me, anyway.

I just want to make sure that after 1400 EST tomorrow, we move forward together. I for one am going to work towards that.

-JP

Latest resources

Back