Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mindset of the typical US Airways east pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You mean, that flawed seniority list where a 17 year never furloughed pilot was placed next to a new hire? The list produced by a flawed union that no longer exists??? Yeah, keep dreaming about the Nic- the Nic is dead. 98%.

All that was considered already.

That 17 year pilot had identical seniority to the AWA new hire. Again, it sucks that's where someone 17 years in is at- hell, I might not be all that senior at SWA in another 11 years. Time will tell. So I get that it's not fun-
BUT, this is a oligopolistic/capitalistic, seniority based industry. It is what it is.
We have rejected as an industry ANY concept of a national seniority list. We won't even look at any concept of transporting longevity company to company. So if you find yourself at the bottom of the list after 17 years, YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN A RISKY SITUATION. You might be furloughed. You might be bought and merged with another company.

And that's what happened. You may believe in DOH now that america west purchased you - but there was NO MOVEMENT WITHIN USAIR TO CHANGE ALPA MERGER POLICY TO DOH, until america west was announced. None.

So how does this so called "gold standard" have ANY credibility?

It doesn't. Tyranny of the majority made really stupid by the east taking this stand on the worst contract in major airline history.

You've hurt everyone. And no one more than yourself.

All that was considered already.

That 17 year pilot had identical seniority to the AWA new hire. Again, it sucks that's where someone 17 years in is at- hell, I might not be all that senior at SWA in another 11 years. Time will tell. So I get that it's not fun-
BUT, this is a oligopolistic/capitalistic, seniority based industry. It is what it is.
We have rejected as an industry ANY concept of a national seniority list. We won't even look at any concept of transporting longevity company to company. So if you find yourself at the bottom of the list after 17 years, YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN A RISKY SITUATION. You might be furloughed. You might be bought and merged with another company.

And that's what happened. You may believe in DOH now that america west purchased you - but there was NO MOVEMENT WITHIN USAIR TO CHANGE ALPA MERGER POLICY TO DOH, until america west was announced. None.

So how does this so called "gold standard" have ANY credibility?

It doesn't. Tyranny of the majority made really stupid by the east taking this stand on the worst contract in major airline history.

You've hurt everyone. And no one more than yourself.
Holy ********************, I can't believe I'm saying this. Great post wave !

Did furloughed United pilots get credit for longevity when integrated for the UAL/CAL merger?

A350

Did furloughed United pilots get credit for longevity when integrated for the UAL/CAL merger?

A350

Let me take this one for nicky. That is the flawed process of the union that no longer exists! Blah, blah, blah, bs, bs, bs. The usapian utopian solution is to include their furloughed in this situation and fight like hell to keep everyone else out of the equation. And I suppose I have to add his idiotic :D to make it authentic nicky lunacy.

Exactly! A internal union process Usapa has complete ownership over. The only legally binding way is to accept the Usapa list- not AOLs lottery ticket!

USAPA doesn't have ownership over anything regarding the West SLI with the APA. It's a virtual certainty that they will get their own seat at MB. Watch the gloves come off straight away against the East as the West walks 3 arbitrators through their illegal behavior over the last 7 years. My guess is you're going to be begging for the nic after this is over.

Aww, Dan and scoot have man crushes on me

I have my moments, but fellas, I'm already taken-

I never expected you guys to like it when I was being a dick and calling you sellouts every six seconds, but I have no illusions that I'd 90% agree with you on every other subject

Latest resources

Back