Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mindset of the typical US Airways east pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is your definition of "windfall"

Any integration with the west would be viewed as a windfall in an east's mind

Perhaps a "windfall" would be for the east? You can make an argument that the east would have shut down had this deal not created the synergies it did.

Perhaps a "windfall" would be for the east? You can make an argument that the east would have shut down had this deal not created the synergies it did.

The industry would have been better off

I'd say the hiring created as the usair network was dismantled would have been better for all but widebody aaa capt's- since most who'd pick up that slack, including SWA, pay so much better

The Nic is a list just like a lottery ticket that you can't cash. It was WRONG from the beginning and will continue to be wrong. You can't put a 17 year pilot next to a new hire on a combined seniority list.

Next question!

I agree. If fraud can be proven, the lottery ticket is void.

Tell me where the fraud is in the Nic award ?

The Nic is a list just like a lottery ticket that you can't cash. It was WRONG from the beginning and will continue to be wrong. You can't put a 17 year pilot next to a new hire on a combined seniority list.

Next question!

It's called career expectations. You can't put a furloughed pilot ahead of an active Captain either.
USAir and AWA could not have been two more difficult lists to merge. The right thing to do was let it go to binding arbitration and the east should have been happy they got a lifeline.
By reneging on the promise to accept the "binding" part of the deal the east pilots greatly diminished their professional standing in the industry. When they started make arguments like the letter writer in the beginning of this they made fools of themselves. Sad deal because, no matter what your leadership (the one's who have been wrong over and over again) says, USAPA is baggage you carry into this merger that you would have been way better served not to have.

After your comment about the last paragraph and the fact that you didn't blast that jackass, told me all that I needed about how easties think.

I didn't read your link, but I see you called someone a jackass because he was smart enough to point out your rhetorical question and your claimed omniscience of East pilots... well, never mind. :puke:

It's called career expectations. You can't put a furloughed pilot ahead of an active Captain either.
USAir and AWA could not have been two more difficult lists to merge. The right thing to do was let it go to binding arbitration and the east should have been happy they got a lifeline.
By reneging on the promise to accept the "binding" part of the deal the east pilots greatly diminished their professional standing in the industry. When they started make arguments like the letter writer in the beginning of this they made fools of themselves. Sad deal because, no matter what your leadership (the one's who have been wrong over and over again) says, USAPA is baggage you carry into this merger that you would have been way better served not to have.

Dan, not only did USAPA agree to binding arbitration, they also approved of the arbitrator (NIC himself) beforehand. They could have actually ruled him out beforehand, but he was one of their initial choices, along with the Westies. When Nic started hearing the testimony, he actually stopped the Easties and asked them to please negotiate more with the Westies, and pretty much told them that DOH wasn't going to happen. What did the Easties do? They kept going, apparently not hearing what the judge was saying. Kinda like today...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back