Midwest or stay at Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluejuice787

I am trying to help a friend out. He is currently working for American Eagle, however, was recently offered a job with Midwest Airlines. He lives in MKE so there would be no commute. For me it would be a no brainer...I would simply leave AE but he has a child on the way and is fearful of leaving a known for an unknown in this environment.

Any opinions and anyone with insight into the finances of Midwest? Pros and cons of both?

Thx

Have him check out the Midwest website. I know it has a lot of financial stuff on it in the investor area. Maybe this could help him.

Unless he wants to be a career regional FO working for a company that's going to be in bankruptsy next year, he ought to leave.

bluejuice787 said:
I would simply leave AE but he has a child on the way and is fearful of leaving a known for an unknown in this environment.

Any opinions and anyone with insight into the finances of Midwest? Pros and cons of both?

Thx

I don't know that there is anything known in this industry anymore but I would take the job if I were him.

I'm over at Skyway next door, and things are pretty much status quo as per the average airline: losing money, parking airplanes, cutting costs, praying fuel drops. It's anyones guess if YX will survive, but they do have a niche product which seems to be worth something. My recommendation would be to go to YX for the time being and try to get on with a LCC ASAP. Midwest is advertising a 6-8 year upgrade right now, and the money is comparable to Eagle I'm assuming. I will say this: the old school (grey hairs abound) style mgmt. has me very suspicious of anything really great ever happening though.

I've been here at Eagle for 6 years and I'm in the process of leaving to work overseas, I don't like to leave the country but I'll work anywhere just to get out of here(Eagle). Here are the reasons why I want to leave:
1. No upgrade
2. No money for FO ($30,000/year for a 6 year FO)
3. You have to fly with scAAbs
4. Unhappy co-workers (gate agents, FAs, rampers, etc.
5. The flight time I'm getting are not valuable to any major airlines. (SIC on a regional jet)
To the guy that post about Eagle going into "BANKRUPTSY" next year, you must know something I don't know, so tell us what it is.

SeaLord said:
I will say this: the old school (grey hairs abound) style mgmt. has me very suspicious of anything really great ever happening though.
As opposed to the new school management style of DAL, UA, AA, MAG? Or do you simply like the younger MBAs who are more "labor friendly?"

Latest resources

Back