• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thread hijacking is not a crime! ;) TC

Last edited:
Exactly!!!!!

Alcatraz said:
I have several friends who are or have been at Eagle. The ones who left have only regretted not leaving earlier!

Unless your friend is close to that 1000 or 1500 turbine PIC (or whatever their goal is), I think they should probably take the MidEx job. Who cares how long you're on reserve if you're home? And more importantly, it will make them more marketable for the "next step," should thay decide to make one. I guess it depends on their aversion to risk...

I used to work at Skyway, and jumpseat on MidEx a lot still (thanks guys!), and the issues with management there is an easy problem compared to the craziness I've heard and read about AMR.

Either, tell your friend good luck, and don't look back!!!

I did not want to take the AMR bait in this threat hijack, but it makes the point quite well. Tell your friend to leave AE for MidEx and avoid all this mess at AMR. I am not getting political, but have your friend ask himself if he is happy at AE. If not, than go to MidEx and take a chance. Even if things go south there, It will be worth the risk and happiness at home and at work. IMHO

It's easy for all of us to say "take the chance" when you aren't in that position yourself. I think things at MidEx are too dicey to risk steady employment and a paycheck, especially with a baby on the way. I've been furloughed 3 times in the last 4 years. All I wanted was a steady paycheck. Worrying how I'm going to pay for the mortage, put food on the table, etc. was the WORST. Not having health insurance for myself because my wife's work wanted extortionist-rates for dual coverage ($250 single to $752 for dual :eek: per mo.) was the worst. When times were good, it was alot easier to "take the chance." But with all the doodoo that is going on nowadays, give me some security over a bigger, shiny jet anyday. But, that's just me...

Being a middle-age furloughee, you can't argue with the "job security" provided at AE.

But don't stop looking.TC

Did I miss this guy's current status? CA or FO? Based in ORD, I assume (easy commute)? How much longevity? These are big factors IMO.

Chuck Yogourt said:
Midwest just posted a 26 million dollar loss for the 3rd qtr. I think that would make up my mind.

Well, not a true $26.9M loss. Part of that loss is attributed to impairment charges (paper loss) of $15.6M related to the pending retirement of two MD-81's in December. The net loss relating to cash lost appears to only be $11.3M.

As for unrestricted cash exiting Q3, here's a quote from the press release:

"The company ended the quarter with $76.2 million in unrestricted cash, down from $84.7 million on June 30, 2005 and $81.5 million at December 31, 2004 -- primarily due to seasonal fluctuations in the business and continued fuel cost increases. Capital spending -- net of credits used to fund such spending -- resulted in a cash outlay of $7.1 million for the nine months and consisted primarily of costs associated with the acquisition of additional spare parts for the Boeing 717 fleet, purchase of an MD-80 engine, and equipment and leasehold improvements for the in-house dining services program."

So, it appears we didn't lose as much unrestricted cash as I had anticipated. However, that still doesn't mean we're out of danger yet. I don't know what the SLT in the Cookie Palace has planned on reducing our continued losses. Guess we'll find out during the Q4 and Year End conference call in January.

Good luck to all in the Midwest family.

HMM

My concern is the state of the pilot group when they get stapled to the bottom after Air Tran buys them.

Latest resources

Back