Midwest or stay at Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English said:
TC, I'm usually on board with what you write, but, as the someone who was very close to a member of the Eagle MEC during that time, I think you have some of your facts skewed. Specifically the part about the Eagle MEC not returning phone calls.

Anyway, no matter which side of the fence one chooses (APA v AE ALPA), I think the original poster should jump ship. I've never met a single pilot who voluntarily left Eagle and wasn't in a better place.

English--You're right. I checked with my friend. Sorry, I only remember Darrah telling us at a meeting that AE wasn't cooperating. The AE MEC did actually talk to APA during that period. They wanted a renegotiation of Sup. W. Among other things, they were demanding their people who held seniority numbers be placed in class at AA because they claimed the transition classes for TWA'ers moving to the AA certificate were "newhires". AA was still furlouging at that point.

APA was proposing some changes to Sup. W that would have limited the flowbacks and AE MEC wanted wholesale changes.

From that point, things went very badly for AE. It's very unfortunate things couldn't be worked out. The people who are being hurt the worst are the long-term FO's at AE who would have moved into the 400+ CA seats that have opened up in the past couple of years.

The really bad deal is that so many people have stayed at AE waiting on that seniority number to come up. They are looking at a very long wait now.TC

Hey bluejuice

I have several friends who are or have been at Eagle. The ones who left have only regretted not leaving earlier!

Unless your friend is close to that 1000 or 1500 turbine PIC (or whatever their goal is), I think they should probably take the MidEx job. Who cares how long you're on reserve if you're home? And more importantly, it will make them more marketable for the "next step," should thay decide to make one. I guess it depends on their aversion to risk...

I used to work at Skyway, and jumpseat on MidEx a lot still (thanks guys!), and the issues with management there is an easy problem compared to the craziness I've heard and read about AMR.

Either, tell your friend good luck, and don't look back!!!

Long thread, with a lot of misinformation.

I found the flowback info pretty pathetic. Anyone who thinks Eagle MEC didn't know EXACTLY what they were getting involved in with the Flow Through is sadly wrong. The East Texas rocket scientists on the MEC....Homer, Pete.....y'all know 'em.......they were WARNED about the risks involved. I know. I was at the MEC meeting in Euless (useless), TX.......trust me, everyone knew the risks.

Now, you have kids in the right seat of the RJ wiping their noses and crying because they got their multi rating four years ago and, gosh darn it, they aren't captains yet. So they call the AA furloughs scaabs. Awe, isn't it just tragic?
Boys and Girls, there were six year FO's at Eagle in 1997, and there are some today. Get over it, and get on with your careers. If you're waiting for AMR to make all your aviation dreams come true, then apply to mainline AA when and if they are accepting applications.

To the original topic: I'd bolt Eagle. It's the right thing to do for the guy in MKE, and it's the right thing to do for our industry. We must stop condoning the piss poor working conditions and pay at the largest of the small jet operators. I say if you have an opportunity to better yourself, learn a new aircraft, and not commute, then DO IT. The baby on the way is certainly a concern, but he needs to trust that God won't leave him high and dry just for changing jobs. These things have a way of working out, and I think God doesn't like the Eagle contract or its management.

I'm not kidding.

He doesn't.

lateral move?

Holy $hit crashpad....Eagle to MidEx a lateral move? Either you've been drinking the Eagle coolaid for far too long or you're "waiting for the plane with Tatoo" on Fantasy Island. Lateral in pay....nope, in schedule....very doubtful, in company-employee relations.....no way, in morale....nope, in aircraft....that one's obvious. So how do you figure it would be a lateral move from a regional to a mainline carrier? As for the risk involved, like I said before, what carrier in this industry has no risk right now. I'll tell you who....NO ONE! There are regionals having problems right now....just ask some Air Whiskey or Mesaba guys and gals how their day was today, and these two were once held to be a couple of the most sought after regionals out there. Lateral....think again.

Thanks for the words...I will try and sum them up and pass them along to my friend.

And to you girls that had to hijack this thread with your pi$$ing contest: just start another thread entitled I Have No Peni$.

Greetings,

This is God (swaayze forgot to log out....what's wrong with that guy lately anyway!?).

I really don't care for the "regionals" flying the mainline code, period. I consider that coveting thy neighbor's code (it was #14, on the tablet that Moses dropped). And BC, you're right, I don't care for the Eagle contract.

Bottom line: follow Me and you will be allright.

Bless you.

BeCareful! said:
Long thread, with a lot of misinformation.

I found the flowback info pretty pathetic. Anyone who thinks Eagle MEC didn't know EXACTLY what they were getting involved in with the Flow Through is sadly wrong. The East Texas rocket scientists on the MEC....Homer, Pete.....y'all know 'em.......they were WARNED about the risks involved. I know. I was at the MEC meeting in Euless (useless), TX.......trust me, everyone knew the risks.

Now, you have kids in the right seat of the RJ wiping their noses and crying because they got their multi rating four years ago and, gosh darn it, they aren't captains yet. So they call the AA furloughs scaabs. Awe, isn't it just tragic?
Boys and Girls, there were six year FO's at Eagle in 1997, and there are some today. Get over it, and get on with your careers. If you're waiting for AMR to make all your aviation dreams come true, then apply to mainline AA when and if they are accepting applications.

To the original topic: I'd bolt Eagle. It's the right thing to do for the guy in MKE, and it's the right thing to do for our industry. We must stop condoning the piss poor working conditions and pay at the largest of the small jet operators. I say if you have an opportunity to better yourself, learn a new aircraft, and not commute, then DO IT. The baby on the way is certainly a concern, but he needs to trust that God won't leave him high and dry just for changing jobs. These things have a way of working out, and I think God doesn't like the Eagle contract or its management.

I'm not kidding.

He doesn't.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back