• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest has more than one foot in the ground

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Then I guess you shouldn't have allowed RAH to eliminate 300 of them. Did any of you "boys" ever consider telling the IBT that you wouldn't perform outsourced flying?

Hell no, you didn't. You gleefully put in your MKE charts and took your pathetic Capt. upgrades. Seems to me YOU would realize the more "legacy" paying jobs you eliminate by doing outsourced flying the fewer "legacy" opportunites there are for YOU.

I WOULDN'T cal Midex a legacy carrier!!! Just because you have cookies! But guess what... It was your management that did this... Midex MGT!!! Not the RP pilots.

Time to stop feeling sorry, I just packed my 2 finger violin.

I WOULDN'T cal Midex a legacy carrier!!! Just because you have cookies! But guess what... It was your management that did this... Midex MGT!!! Not the RP pilots.

Time to stop feeling sorry, I just packed my 2 finger violin.

I forgot Republic has a marketing department, sells its own tickets, etc..........

I forgot Republic has a marketing department, sells its own tickets, etc..........
Of course they do; you just have to take that flying Delorean with Mr. Fusion or generate 1.21 gigawatts of electricity with the flex capacitor and go back to the 1980's with Doc Brown and Marty when North Central and Southern Airways merged and became Republic.
But this Republic - no reservation system!

I don't have a Need to fly something bigger to boost my ego, unlike most of the people on this board including yourself. I make a decent living and have a somewhat good schedule, why would I want to go to a Major to loose all that? So I can be on reserve until I'm 50? No thanks. Unless I was forced to leave RAH I want to make MY quality of life better.

Its called living within your means, if FedEx came around calling with a job I wouldn't turn it down but I live in the real world and realize this in not going to happen anytime soon.

Dude.....you should really read what you are posting. So....instead of getting involved in what is going on in this industry (i.e. the outsourcing of flying jobs in order to lower labor costs) you are happy with your current position and pay and expect nothing more. Management loves you. Smooooch!

Trust me. If we all don't get together on this thing, there will come a day when you start b!tching about how some F-stick dewsch bag at XYZ connection stole your flying because he is willing to fly a 100 seat RJ! (note the sarcasm..100 seat RJ) for $40 bucks and hour.

Living within your means....hah...you must be at the top end of the RAH pay scale and no kids to raise.

Reserve until your 50. Wrong. I wouldn't say that would be accurate. CA upgrade is another story.

You mentioned ego! I want to fly something bigger so I can boost my EGO (can I have a Jon Stewart uarrhhh?). Wrong again! I just want to keep the 737 job I have and not LOSE it (note correct spelling) because management gets around our SCOPE and outsources our flying (sound familiar?) What the hell does ego have to do with this discussion?

Lastly, the one thing you said in your post is something you have already contradicted. You say you want YOUR quality of life better, but you have indicated that you are willing to accept sub-standard pay and work rules unless you are forced to leave.

Substandard pay? In your view, but I dare to say I'm making More than you are. So now is your pay substandard....no way because you fly a mainline NARROW body jet! I brought in ego because you made the reference to moving onto bigger and better legacy jobs.
No kids.... Sorry got two of them and get to see them 15 days a month. Management can kiss my ass that's why I have a union, even if it's not the best one.

Thanks for the spelling lesson, I just noticed it. The iPhone completed the word in automatic mode

Last edited:
What gets me is that when SKYWAY was losing their jobs to skywest. The Midex pilots said they would be behind them.... HOW DID THAT WORK OUT?
Even though skyway was a "connection" carrier they were still an owen division of the airline. But who gave a ******************** about them?
Karma is a biatch.

And also to all the midwest guys that write about regionals in the newspapers, saying they are unsafe.

Remember midwest too had a crash that was "pilot error".

Everyone just needs to grow up, cut this blame game crap out and stand behind one another!

Remember midwest too had a crash that was "pilot error".

This was before most Republic pilots had hair on their nads.

50', lose sight of the runway on the shortest runway at CLE, driving snowstorm, let's land.

What gets me is that when SKYWAY was losing their jobs to skywest. The Midex pilots said they would be behind them.... HOW DID THAT WORK OUT?
Even though skyway was a "connection" carrier they were still an owen division of the airline. But who gave a ******************** about them?
Most of us got other jobs and got on with life. It turned our lives upside down, but we dealt with it. It was a great group of pilots....YX's loss.

This was before most Republic pilots had hair on their nads.

50', lose sight of the runway on the shortest runway at CLE, driving snowstorm, let's land.

Wow, were you in the cockpit?? They lost sight of the runway in the flare, after a southwest A/C took off the crossing runway blowing snow across the windscreen. But I guess you know everything right?

All I have to say is karma's a bitch..... I bet you were the FO on a flight I saw landing in SRQ a couple years ago, it was the worst landing I've ever seen in my life. I didn't realize that a md80 could bounce at least 20' in the air after touchdown.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back