• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest has more than one foot in the ground

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The same for fam happened before you. He has trouble with sarcasm at times, but he still means well. How are you Wolf? Any light for you, or are you in the same big boat as most everyone else?

Thanks Propsync;

We came from the same family so you know what we went through. I didn't mean to be flippant about the increased competition for Midwest, I don't want to see anybody lose their jobs but the Midwest situation is turning into a tragic comedy. They spent 20+ years building up an airline and now they are just basically walking away and letting it get destroyed in one year. How much longer can they hang on and pretend that they want to run an airline when their actions indicate exactly the opposite? When they sold out to a private equity company I knew it was the beginning of the end and, unfortunately, I was correct.

I hope evreything is going well for you Prop.

Wow, were you in the cockpit?? They lost sight of the runway in the flare, after a southwest A/C took off the crossing runway blowing snow across the windscreen. But I guess you know everything right?

I've never put an airplane off the end of a runway.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:

the failure of the flight crew to execute a missed approach when visual cues for the runway were not distinct and identifiable. Contributing to the accident were (1) the crew's decision to descend to the ILS decision height instead of the localizer (glideslope out) minimum descent altitude; (2) the first officer's long landing on a short contaminated runway and the crew's failure to use reverse thrust and braking to their maximum effectiveness; (3) the captain's fatigue, which affected his ability to effectively plan for and monitor the approach and landing; and (4) Shuttle America's failure to administer an attendance policy that permitted flight crewmembers to call in as fatigued without fear of reprisals.

1&2 are the crew's fault, NOT southwest's. 4 shows me what type of operator our company has decided to outsource our flying too and what Cmdr. Kaley talked about in his letter to the editor.

All I have to say is karma's a bitch..... I bet you were the FO on a flight I saw landing in SRQ a couple years ago, it was the worst landing I've ever seen in my life. I didn't realize that a md80 could bounce at least 20' in the air after touchdown.

Didn't fly the md80, sorry.

I forgot Republic has a marketing department, sells its own tickets, etc..........

I hope you are a better pilot than you are a business man. 1. RAH has a marketing department thats how you know who we are, what products your company need, as well as what certificate to put it on. 2. We sell tickets, if you haven't noticed your company bought them. ie ALL OF THEM.

Please stop playing business and get back in the cockpit and do your job to the best of your ability. If you want to continue with the business track I would advise you to pick up a few books before you venture out.

Last edited:
As for my RAH brothas. Its time for us to Pro-up, ie.. turn pro. Stop feeding into this crap. This isn't good for any pilot group to get into these raindeer games. Before you post your thoughts, our memos, or internal business on open message boards please think to yourselves "What good can come out of this?"

As for my RAH brothas. Its time for us to Pro-up, ie.. turn pro. Stop feeding into this crap. This isn't good for any pilot group to get into these raindeer games. Before you post your thoughts, our memos, or internal business on open message boards please think to yourselves "What good can come out of this?"

Hey "brothas" keep trying to steal DAL's narrowbody domestic market. You're shooting yourself in the foot.

I can see RobCat is happy to be stealing mainline flying and wants to stay at Republic for the rest of his career.

Hey "brothas" keep trying to steal DAL's narrowbody domestic market. You're shooting yourself in the foot.

I can see RobCat is happy to be stealing mainline flying and wants to stay at Republic for the rest of his career.

As far stealing flying Im sorry but that was a business decision that management and the mec has made. I guess you would not understand that. Its nothing more than a business.

Staying at RAH for the rest of career may be an option for me. What do you recommend me leave and go to a company that is changing its business model because it was unsuccessful before, maybe accept a position that they are trying to eliminate. That would not be smart now would it? As they say on Jeopardy "Ill take no for 200 Alex". I may just consider staying where Im at. My QOL is allowing and family and our other business do quite well.

While on your time off why dont you go and find something else that your good at. As I can see business isn't your cup of tea. Your attitude and short sited way of thinking will limit you in the business world. Your use of scare tactic are weak so being a Goon isnt in your cards eaither. You really need to stop at I'm beginning to question your ability to perform as a viable crew member.

I like to consider all fellow aviators my "Brothas" and a few of you "Sistas". If any of you find any offence in this please let me know. I guess that is another thread.

My apology to all the current and furlough pilots thats reading this. Especially those at my current and former company. I know I'm better than this....

Last edited:
As for my RAH brothas. Its time for us to Pro-up, ie.. turn pro. Stop feeding into this crap. This isn't good for any pilot group to get into these raindeer games.
Are there also snow and mistdeer?

Latest resources

Back