• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

midwest/frontier going to become 1 airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm guessing they're gonna anounce that we're broke and need immediate 50% pay cuts in order to remain competitive.:erm:

The two airlines will finally be completely combined, under the new name "Republic Airways", and will be IPO'd to the tune of 50.1%, just enough to prevent any contractual obligation to combine seniority lists.

To be followed by the announcement that Republic (Mainline) Airlines has signed a fee for departure contract to have RJ's flown by Chat, Shuttle, etc.

I don't even remember what day the reverend said the earnings statement would come out. Was it the 24th? I'm too lazy to go and look it up.

Hmmm...do you F9 guys still want to fence off the 'Bus flying ?

Putting a fence around the airbus a/c would have no effect on who flies the c series. They also are not coming till 2015.

IF BB wants to get rid off all of the airbuses and similar sized aircraft to try and get around a future fence so that he can pay pilots less is stupid. An all 190 fleet airline would be doomed for failure and he knows that. I wouldn't be surprised to see an anoucement for more airbusses in the coming months. If the airbus fleet doesn't grow then both frontier and midwest will fail. Along with BB. No doubt he would be fired if his huge gamble doesn't pay off.

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2010/02/22/daily53.html?ana=yfcpc

"Separately, Republic said it plans to buy 40 Bombardier CS300 regional jets with a value of $3.06 billion to replace planes in its existing fleet, and has options to buy up to 40 more.
Delivery of the 138-seat jets is set to begin in mid-2015.
Republic said the jets made by Montreal-based Bombardier will be more fuel efficient and have wider passenger aisles than planes now used by Frontier and Midwest."

I wonder what planes they plan to replace?

Seriously, everyone there will be on one seniority list in a few months. Everyone needs to work together there to bring up the pay rates. Name calling between airlines, let alone the 'same' airline via the same seniority list simply pits pilots against pilots instead of pilots against management. Fair wages on all airframes and there won't be a food fight there for the few airplanes that currently pay a livable wage (F9 bus).

If I understand everything correctly, won't all members of the new SLI be able to bid these new airplanes based on their new relative seniority as these will be considered a vacancy? Can F9 really fence off airplanes that won't exist for another 5+years? Can you 'scope out' pilots on your own seniority list?

I'm asking these questions in all seriousness. I have no idea.

Latest resources

Back