• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

midwest/frontier going to become 1 airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beford does say that they have purchase agreements with airbus in 2013-2014. Not sure for how many? The 320s seat 164. The c series won't even come close to that.
The delta pilots can't fly the 330s, 747s or 787s. The northwest guys can't fly the 777s.

It's also notable that the 190 is NOT a direct replacement for an Airbus in mission capability. By 2005 the oldest Ejets will be about 10 years old, and if the C-Series has good cargo numbers it could just as easily replace some of the 170s (I seriously doubt those will be flying for 20-30 years, unlike the Airbii...).

Beford does say that they have purchase agreements with airbus in 2013-2014. Not sure for how many? The 320s seat 164. The c series won't even come close to that.

All good points. In the long run it still would seem to be for everyone's benefit if you all worked together to improve wages at F9/YX/RAH across the board. Fence or no fence.

The delta pilots can't fly the 330s, 747s or 787s. The northwest guys can't fly the 777s.

Any idea how long the DAL/NWA fence is good til? I can't think of anyone that has been able to implement a permanent fence. Again, I'm usually wrong more than I am right.

I absolutely agree. We the f9 pilots are currently working under pay concessions. We want our pay back. The 190 should be flown for a lot more then it currently is. Once the sli is complete I am sure we will all get together to work on a better contract.

Interestingly, last time an airline named "Republic" integrated with another mainline airline, it was with Northwest Orient in 1986. The integration was complex and very heated. On a very simplified basis, the Northwest guys were able to fence off the all airplanes that Republic had no expectation to fly for 20 years, however the common aircraft size families were able to be cross-bid immediately.

Frontier's CBA with RAH currently calls for any aircraft over a certain weight to be placed on the Frontier certificate and flown by FAPA pilots (the CS300 falls in this category). Obviously lots of things can happen, but it is in the best interest of all pilots involved to get the arbitration process over with and focus on choosing a strong collective bargaining unit to represent all of us in fighting for a fair and strong CBA. Incidently, the CS300 doesn't currently project to have the capabilities of the A-319 and A-320 in terms of range and payload, so I think the Airbus fleet is here to stay for the foreseeable future. I personally would rather fly the CS300 because it looks like its more of a lazy man's airplane than the airbus.

Interestingly, last time an airline named "Republic" integrated with another mainline airline, it was with Northwest Orient in 1986. The integration was complex and very heated. On a very simplified basis, the Northwest guys were able to fence off the all airplanes that Republic had no expectation to fly for 20 years, however the common aircraft size families were able to be cross-bid immediately.]

An inaccurate statement. There were 20 year restrictions that ended in 2006 but they were full of holes. (Called ratios.) I was a Republic 727 Capt at the time and I got a 747-400 bid award in 1990. I stayed on the A-320 at 747-400 international pay rates by my own volition until I retired.

DC

[An inaccurate statement. There were 20 year restrictions that ended in 2006 but they were full of holes.

Oh my, Donsa320, hense the precurser that my statement was overly simplified. I wouldn't claim to summarize hundreds of pages of an arbitrated integration in two sentences on Flightinfo.com. Almost everything in life has exceptions. Cut me some slack.

Latest resources

Back