Midwest Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EX_CV580FR8Dawg said:
Someone in ops had mentioned that all the bids for the RFP came back too high. I guess that is why we are hearing rumors of us getting additional a/c even if they are Dos. Just curious if any fellow syxers have heard much about this?

Uuhhh................ Me no Understandy. :cartman:

well from what i gathered, is that all the rfp bids came in higher than what YX wanted to see. I then heard that we are now actively pursuing more 328s, i assume this is to replace the beech as we phase them out and put the 328s on some of those routes. Now if all of the RFPs came back too high, where does lead us to in looking for 50 seat contractors?

EX_CV580FR8Dawg said:
well from what i gathered, is that all the rfp bids came in higher than what YX wanted to see. I then heard that we are now actively pursuing more 328s, i assume this is to replace the beech as we phase them out and put the 328s on some of those routes. Now if all of the RFPs came back too high, where does lead us to in looking for 50 seat contractors?
United told us we were too high 2-3 times last year when our owners were trying to re-win our "contract" ( Sounds like something I would do too, nothing to lose). Either the contractors will bring the price down or they'll all take a walk.

AWAC is not "Hard Up" for this flying...if they can't get something out of it they won't fight for it. The guys that own this company are in it to make money, AWAC is the last place to come sniffin around for deals that do otherwise.

Guess we'll see if anyone wants it bad enough or MidEx will work something else out.

Last edited:
EX_CV580FR8Dawg said:
Someone in ops had mentioned that all the bids for the RFP came back too high. I guess that is why we are hearing rumors of us getting additional a/c even if they are Dos. Just curious if any fellow syxers have heard much about this?

Hmm maybe taco will bid now, im sure their bid for the RFP wont be too hi.

Word is thatwe are "trying" to get up to 6-8 additional DOs over the 12. I think everyone came in too high on the rfps and that idea has since gone bye bye. I guess that is what happens when you want something for close to nothing?

What is the source of these RFP's coming in to high. I heard it from something doesn't count. Management at AWAC are saying that everything is fine with our bid, but it is still competitve. We have heard nothing along the lines of the RFP's being to high.

JohnyChimpo22 said:
What is the source of these RFP's coming in to high.
Evidently, crewroom banter.

Whatever happens will happen, and its far beyond the control of any pilot group.

yeah well im not saying it with 100% validity, but it was from a good source...but what do i know?

Latest resources

Back