Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DOJET1 said:
masedogg19 said:
last I checked, we weren't undercutting anyone for this flying....again, using the J/S as a weapon is ignorant and shows a lack of intelligence with this particular issue[/qu

have a good night...

Tail beteween legs...panties on....PEACE OUT

masedogg19 said:
last I checked, we weren't undercutting anyone for this flying....again, using the J/S as a weapon is ignorant and shows a lack of intelligence with this particular issue...also, being pissed off at us because we are excited that our company answered the RFP is pretty ignorant....you're lying to yourself if you say you wouldn't be happy if you were in the same spot

I agree, We are not underbidding anyone by taking concessions, or helping a company out by going to an alter ego to steal flying from anyone. This is a RFP from a company and AWAC is one of the many to go for it. What happened with us and UAL is not the same as whats happening with SYX and Midex. We were being completely tossed to the curb and as a means for survival went with Airways. Since 95% of our group now commutes I don't think its out of line for people to get a little excited about possibly improving our QOL.

Heres a little Script for you.

AWAC Management: "B Scales and we'll get NWA flying"
Pilots: "No"
AWAC Management: "B Scales and we'll get Midex flying"
Pilots: "No"

All this equals---Whatever happens is out of our hands.

DOJET1 simply just doesn't have a clue. Maybe before getting bent out of shape a little research might be in order. No one is kicking anyone to the sidewalk, taking jobs etc.

Victor Meldrew said:
DOJET1 simply just doesn't have a clue. Maybe before getting bent out of shape a little research might be in order. No one is kicking anyone to the sidewalk, taking jobs etc.
VIC,
With your "12,000 hours" , go play on the majors board, or go impress a flight school CFI with your infinite ignorance.

Last edited:
At least Skyway, Expressjet, and Air Wisconsin pilots can keep this discussion about the 50 seat RFP professional & civilized...

Moustache said:
VIC,
With your "12,000 hours" , go play on the majors board, or go impress a flight school CFI with your infinite ignorance.

Oh good....now we've resorted to making fun of each other and calling names....once again....we're not stealing flying....and....don't blame us (the pilot group) anyway.....we had no say.....as Sailing said above, we said NO when mgmt came to us and asked us for concessions (that would be undercutting) to get the Midwest flying.....maybe you should be pissed at your mgmt instead.....i thought you were getting more planes anyway????

This is just stupid. Nothing has happend yet. And if it does Skyway will most likely not have to lay anyone off. Pure attrition and adding those two planes you just bought will take care of that. AWAC, Express Jet, etc. pilot's have done nothing to provoke this response from Skyway's group. If your going to be angry at anyone look to your holding company. They are the ones who chose paying for airbuses instead of dojets.

As far as I know, Midwest has said that they don't have the money to fund regional jets for themselves so Skyway was never in the running for 50 seat jets in the first place. This is expansion and not replacement flying. Where's the problem here? Nobody's flying will be lost no matter who wins this RFP.

Someone in ops had mentioned that all the bids for the RFP came back too high. I guess that is why we are hearing rumors of us getting additional a/c even if they are Dos. Just curious if any fellow syxers have heard much about this?

Latest resources

Back