• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MidEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Citation.... Weren't you against the merger??? Now it seems like youve changed your mind... Not trying to start a pi$$ing match, just curious.. I don't think its going to help that AAI is going after MEH's profitable routes either. I saw that MEH's load factor was down from Nov 06 to Nov 07 and fuel is way up... Most airlines had a good increase in load factor for 07...Good luck MEH guys, at this point, it doesn't seem that Timmy is your friend..

Citation.... Weren't you against the merger??? Now it seems like youve changed your mind... Not trying to start a pi$$ing match, just curious.. I don't think its going to help that AAI is going after MEH's profitable routes either. I saw that MEH's load factor was down from Nov 06 to Nov 07 and fuel is way up... Most airlines had a good increase in load factor for 07...Good luck MEH guys, at this point, it doesn't seem that Timmy is your friend..

i am for something that won't furlough me, but i also would like to keep the airline the way it is as i simply like the product, feel a little pride in being ranked #1, and i think the public definitely likes it as well. i think the majority of the pilots here feel the same way: FlyWolf, would you agree?

each focus group poll shows people will pay more for our service, why the f@#$ not charge for it NOW instead of waiting for a cabin reconfiguration? i have simply come to a realization that perhaps Tim's time might be passed and new blood would reinvigorate this place.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/bushvideos/youtube/bushfoolme.htm

that being said, air tran is not causing this. looking at your MKE schedule for Jan 2008 (the latest one on your website) the only direct flights are ATL(3), BWI(1), RSW(1), LAS(1), MCO(2), PHX(1), and TPA(1). None of which are our profitable routes. LAS and PHX are break even routes due to heavy competition (you are more hurting Airways as you may be creeping on feed for them). The others are leisure markets which generally offer little yield. Once they offer direct flights to LGA, BOS, DCA and fly OMA-DCA (from what I heard our most profitable route) then I'd say air tran would have something to do with it. if anything, the loads on our ATL flights are pretty good (i would imagine most of your ATL pax are connectors) so i would argue there is more demand to be sucked out of the market (perhaps JL was on to something and TPG knows it). I know the REAL air tran plan with the new gates is to simply block our alley and delay our flights. :)

fuel is a convenient excuse. they bragged earlier, pre TPG, about how hedged we were. this is simply posturing for 2008 negotiations.

my guess: management simply thought TPG would guide them in 2008, and since it is still being held up, they got caught with their pants down.

i simply fly the things with wings and try to hit the pavement between the solid white lines and hope my paycheck doesn't bounce.

Last edited:
I thought that Midex sold their hedges in Q2 to show a profit for that quarter??? I agree that the AAI's shedule for Jan is way down... But its down in the entire system. It will pick back up in late Feb. They do this every year. The line value for our trips for Jan suck.. Most lines are worth less than 80 hours....... It will be interesting to see what happens with the 4 gates in MKE.. We can do a lot of flights with just 4 gates... Time will tell.. Good luck and hope you don't get the furlogh call... Furloughs suck..

I thought that Midex sold their hedges in Q2 to show a profit for that quarter??? I agree that the AAI's shedule for Jan is way down... But its down in the entire system. It will pick back up in late Feb. They do this every year. The line value for our trips for Jan suck.. Most lines are worth less than 80 hours....... It will be interesting to see what happens with the 4 gates in MKE.. We can do a lot of flights with just 4 gates... Time will tell.. Good luck and hope you don't get the furlogh call... Furloughs suck..

no they adjusted the value of the fixed fuel contracts to reflect the higher market value, but they did this in Q1 and reflected the entire years worth of fuel hedges in that quarter.

for comparison, what is a typical mid level lineholder holding at AAI on the 717 in the right seat? ours is a mix of 3 day, 4 day trips, with 15-16 days off and a credit of about 78 hours. our credit values really went down in january though, our 3 month rolling average of credit is at 81 hours. I am sure through SAP1/2 they can move the credit up a little.

Last edited:
i am for something that won't furlough me, but i also would like to keep the airline the way it is as i simply like the product, feel a little pride in being ranked #1, and i think the public definitely likes it as well. i think the majority of the pilots here feel the same way: FlyWolf, would you agree?

each focus group poll shows people will pay more for our service, why the f@#$ not charge for it NOW instead of waiting for a cabin reconfiguration? i have simply come to a realization that perhaps Tim's time might be passed and new blood would reinvigorate this place.

Well, what do you want at the end of the day, a job or bragging about how good your product is (even though it's unprofitable) and unemployed?

You seem to underestimate polls. As well as awards. You aren't alone. Management there has fed that crap to everyone. What nobody seems to understand is that at the end of the day, all that matters to 99% of the travelling public is whose cheapest. That's it.

Well, what do you want at the end of the day, a job or bragging about how good your product is (even though it's unprofitable) and unemployed?

You seem to underestimate polls. As well as awards. You aren't alone. Management there has fed that crap to everyone. What nobody seems to understand is that at the end of the day, all that matters to 99% of the travelling public is whose cheapest. That's it.

i'd like both. it's lasted for 23 years, why not 23 more?

as far as cheapest that's simply not true. most of our travelers to our high yield routes (LGA, DCA, BOS) are people who travel on someone else's dime. they could care less if the signature seats are $60 more. low yield, leisure routes i would agree with you and that's why the 80 with their configuration flies those routes. personally for me, if i had a 2+ hr flight, I'd pay the extra money for the leg room, etc.

Last edited:
Citation... It can't last for another 23 years because fuel is near $90 a barrel.. And you have to be able to adapt to current day problems. Something MEH hasn't been able to do.... Heres a question for you. And again, I'm not trying to be a jerk... You trashed AAI pretty hard. You supported Timmy, and you listened to his rhetoric about the merger, and how bad it would be for MEH and MKE. Now your job could be in jeopordy because he is failing miserably as the CEO of MEH. Do you still believe him when he speaks? Or are you starting to believe he is in this just for himself? Lets say the deal with TPG fails, would you now support a merger with AAI? I think at this point its obvious that the employees and the city of MKE would have been much better off with a merger. After seing what is happening at MEH, are you starting to a sour taste in your mouth with the company, or are you still supporting them 100%?

Citation... It can't last for another 23 years because fuel is near $90 a barrel.. And you have to be able to adapt to current day problems. Something MEH hasn't been able to do.... Heres a question for you. And again, I'm not trying to be a jerk... You trashed AAI pretty hard. You supported Timmy, and you listened to his rhetoric about the merger, and how bad it would be for MEH and MKE. Now your job could be in jeopordy because he is failing miserably as the CEO of MEH. Do you still believe him when he speaks? Or are you starting to believe he is in this just for himself? Lets say the deal with TPG fails, would you now support a merger with AAI? I think at this point its obvious that the employees and the city of MKE would have been much better off with a merger. After seing what is happening at MEH, are you starting to a sour taste in your mouth with the company, or are you still supporting them 100%?

my beef was not with AAI, but with it's leadership (specifically JL). i never bad mouthed the airline or its product. i also only attacked when attacked myself. i back my company 100% otherwise i wouldn't be here, i'd quit. i imagine you back air tran similarly, even though they've lowballed you twice in your long, drawn out negotiations.

Tim is in this for himself, of course, but again, he would have triggered a golden parachute with Air Tran taking over and made out better than continuing and being fired a year into it (which based on TPG's history is a realistic occurrence). I know he is very conscious of his image in the MKE area, and firing people after a merger would not look too kindly for him. Especially after all the rhetoric regarding the air tran takeover.

Management showed their true colors to us with the fast one on trying to get a contractual extension and from there it has only gotten colder as 2008 approaches. This is all posturing for that and to me shouldn't be looked at emotionally. Do you froth at the mouth at your company for lowballing you in your two previous TA's? No, you move on, expect the next barrage, we're doing the same.

Fuel is another simple excuse as our fixed fuel contracts and dealings with NWA have actually insulated us from fuel price spikes. this was all positive stuff BEFORE the buyout, what's different in 2008 other than a contractual negotiation.

i would say the last couple of months has increased support (myself included) of air tran taking us over. i still see the current situation being a positive one, but more and more feel a leadership change may need to occur for that to happen. if the deal falls through though, i doubt air tran would even rebid for the company.

i hope that answers your questions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back