• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
---------------

Last edited:
OK, so who's hiring again?

Every time I think I am done with interviews and apps I find myself right back at it again

Delta, Continental, Northwest, United, US Airways, USA3000, Air Tran, Jet Blue. I could list off the regionals but I know you aren't going to whore yourself out for those. Anyone think that attrition alone might take care of the problem. The threat of furloughs at Skyway caused a mass exiting during the Delta deal. I know its not as easy to get jobs at "majors" as it is at regionals but with pretty much everybody hiring, I don't see too many people actually sitting on furlough.

I hear Midwest is going to be the new Skywest Connection.

it was only a matter of time before russtgol trolled back.

i guess at least this "skywest" division will be paid 90 seat rates for flying 90 seaters.

Anyone got any insight on why MEH is trading around $14 a share when TPG is offering $17 a share cash, and the deal is supposed to close within a month or two. Sounds like a real easy way to make 20% or are there grumblings of the deal not being final?

Anyone got any insight on why MEH is trading around $14 a share when TPG is offering $17 a share cash, and the deal is supposed to close within a month or two. Sounds like a real easy way to make 20% or are there grumblings of the deal not being final?

you said it in the last line. the market appears to believe that the doj will reject the merger.

My view is that some people had their tax strategy based on getting their money this year. I plan to wait though. If they got in at a few bucks they will still do well.

We'll see.

That would be "who is" important, not whose. I'm beginning to think you are from the Southland. :)

For the rest, where were the voices of moderation when all the "staple" talk was being bandied about.
Words do have consequences. I think it could have been a dynamite merger but as some one said, egos got in the way. And I have been through 3 mergers.
That's interesting that the dreaded "S-word" was bandied about. It wasn't mentioned down here in the Southland. Good luck to the guys at the bottom of the list. It was 75 and sunny down in the Southland today, and they interview 3 days a week-lookin for a few good pilots.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back