Micky D's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
P-F-T

The ethical implications of P-F-T (Pay-for Fryer Training) need to be addressed.

People who P-F-T are cutting in front of the line ahead of those who opted not to P-F-T and who earned their chance by bussing tables, stuffing napkin holders, and taking out trash. Fryers who paid their dues sit on fryer hiring boards. They know all, see all, and tell all. You might get past McD's H.R., but the hiring board will blackball you.

Don't screw your fellow fryers by P-F-T. Do not even consider attending Frystream or any other P-F-T "organization."

On the other hand, there is McDFD (McDonald's Fryer Development). You can go there and get your Commercial Fryer Certificate and a chance to interview at McDonald's with little frying or flipping experience. It is an excellent program; I instructed there and had students who were hired immediately as burger fryers without having to fry instruct or other nonsense.

Last edited:
I have a friend who was hired by Taco Bell. He has been there six months and started on the fryer making Mexi-nuggets. He just bid reserve cashier. He gets Wed-thur off this month. He says it sure beats the fryer. He had to declare an emergency and went to single burner and the manager said the fryer sim training paid off. He did mention the scope clause and it'll be a while before he can go on to KFC and Pizza Hut.

Oh, I did hear about the McDonalds low cost start up (McDowells)
They have the golden arcs.

That was on TV last night! Reminded me of this thread when Louis Anderson did that scene about washing lettuce, moving up to fry, and making Assistant Manager.......thats when the big bucks start rolling in! Good Thread, y'all, nice to have a couple of laughs in these times.

By the way, a friend back home was recently offered a position as store manager (domicile chief pilot) for a Burger King, so if I can help any of you out by walking your resume straight to the boss, let me know! Right now, the position requires only a ninth grade education but he prefers applicants with a degree from McDonald's esteemed Hamburger University- The Embry-Riddle of the fast food world.

In your rush to make the big bucks at the bigger chains you all forget another option...

I hope to get hired at Krystal's as soon as they start hiring again. Sure they aren't as big as the majors (McDs, Burg.K, etc.) but the job security is definately there.

Sure others might crack a southern joke once in a while, but I would be completey happy frying on the same type fryer for my career. As for the clientele, hell, everyone has to eat.

As for the pay, it is all realative. I promise I won't be jealous of the guy frying at McDonalds on a FryMaster Seven for $225 a week. I will just go along frying on a measley old FryDaddy for $160 a week until I retire.

I even hear that McDonalds is opening up a joint called "Wong's" or "Wrong's" or something like that in efforts to capture what Krystal's has done right for so many years. Imagine that.

They used to ask me "Cornbread, you really want to operate a Frydaddy the rest of your career?" (looking at me like I was a dang fool) Now they say "Cornbread, you is a dang genious!"

I'll try Sonic

Sure here instead of the cars coming to the drive trough we have to roller blad our @rses to the cars, but heck, thats all I can do for now:mad: :mad:

Besides, Im getting good at this in-line roller skate thingamajig, I only hit the dirt 3/4 times I go out now.

Rich!

Good thread:) :)

Last edited:
Since the job market for Fryers is so bad I'm thinking of opening my own Fast Food chain. How do I get my business started and does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a used fryer? I don't know anything about the Fast Food business but I do eat at Fast Food restaurants a lot and I think I have a pretty good idea of what's involved. I figure I can keep my overhead down and undercut the "big boys". What do you guys think?

:D

Sounds like a new JO to me! We had a new lost-cost fryer chain open here in the Northeast by the name of Checkers.

We at Mikey D's, and my friends at BK, Taco Bell, etc., don't accept employees of Checker's (they're called 'seeds,' not scabs)at our drive through windows!

he heh

" don't worry about it, yeah youre mopping floors now, but look at me, im in lettuce , and soon.... ill be moving to fries!! ...
-<louie anderson>

cant wait for the upgrade.

Our local union rep here at T. Bell is trying to get us sour cream and guacamole guns on line. He tells us that the customers will feel much safer since we won't be using our hands. I don't know how the other guys will feel about it.

Latest resources

Back