• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Micky D's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Indoc with Grimmace is a cakewalk, but the Hamburgler is a real a$$. Why the hell do I have to know how many gallons of oil the fryer can hold?

After the first two weeks they give you free lunch during the day and coupons for your family (valid only at your home McDonalds).

Its Aight

Hey,

I work at McDonalds. .got on when they NEEDED burger flippers. . the $8.50 i started making was nearly the same ammount monthly I was getting from flying.

Wish I could have it back.

I was hoping that someone would walk my resume into the chief pilot's office and help me get a job as a cheeser.

Hey, I might need a job at McDonalds. I was hired by a regional in December for a Jan class. I quit my ramp job of 7 years at a major carrier and my Part 135 job for this. I was given 6 days notice that my groundschool was postponed for a while. (who knows how long). I did get my job back flying three days a week at my 135 job, but just yesterday I was told that the person who was trained to take my runs is now going to be flying them. I am not on the street, but I am now on a on call basis. How's that for luck. I am not bitter at all. I am patient, but skeptical at the same time. The chief pilot at the company I was hired by said that when the class does start I am in it for sure. I do (supposedly) have a job with a regional still, but I may be waiting a while, and I may not be flying and staying current because of what happened to me at my cargo job. I don't blame them, but I just experienced what this industry is all about. Nothing, I mean nothing is guaranteed in aviation. One day things couldn't be better, the next your wondering how the bills are going to get paid. Anyway, I may be a good candidate for a class at McDonalds. I did work for KFC in highschool. I sure miss coming home full of grease.

I am not so worried about indoc, but what about getting through the deep fryer sim training.

I am also worried about IOE. Working the drive thru with the training captain is going to be stressful. You get a truck load of construction workers driving through hasseling you about your uniform is probably going to suck.

Attention all prospective Burger Flippers: McDonalds does not require you to resign your seniority number. This comes after many furloughed pilots were hesitant to jump on board America's favorite fast-food chain. McDonalds WILL provide you with uniforms and PAID training. This is welcome news for many pilots wanting to transition to the fast-food industry. :)

What's all this hoopla about the FGDC (Fry Guy Defense Coalition)?

This is what I've gathered from all the arguements out there....Most likely, unless you're working counter already, chances are you'll never make counter. So we should fight for more money and benefits (2 free shake guaruntee and apple pie rig) because all we'll ever do is cook fries. On the other hand, I've heard that we should just take what we get in hopes of more room at the counter.

What's the deal?

Chunk (I'd be happy to be the *special* employee that takes out the trash)

PS--I don't have a position on RJDC, hell, I don't even understand it so don't get pissed off at me. I am not advocating a certain position. Things are getting bad when a disclaimer is needed.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back