Micky D's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rookie mistakes!

You guys are concentrating too much on the deep fryer and single burner work. If you don't give the proper attention perfecting your ice-cream swirl maneuver, you'll be stuck in the back tossing salad all day long for the salad shackers.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, that's when it really goes south.

Don't step on anyone on your way up the later. Remember, "todays A-hole, tomorrows CEO (Chief Pilot)."

Always use protection when operating the fryer. It's an OSHA requirement.

B190-

Yes, I am a McDonald's washout. The school is now going to make me into a pilot.

That fry sim is WAY more touchy than the real thing, and the warning lights never stop ringing.

I failed the fry sim. I dropped the basket into the fryer too fast and heard "SINK RATE. SINK RATE." That was all she wrote.

Just off the wire...

McDonalds announced today that they would be laying off nearly 1500 employees currently working in the corporate offices. In an attempt to place these laid-off workers, McDonalds has come up with a plan known as Burgers For Jobs (B4J). This plan will give individual restaurants the option to obtain additional burger flippers, as long as 70% of them are being operated by corporate furloughs. If the plan is rejected by the restaurants, McDonalds will restart the alter-ego chain, McDowells (as seen on the movie "Coming to America" with Eddie Murphy).

Employees nationwide are in an uproar, since the new burger flippers will be starting at assistant managers' wages instead of the regular wage. Fortunately for them, the scope clause in their current contract will prevent any start-up restaurant from having more than one burger pattie on any sandwich.

I heard from a "reliable" source (that would be the MEC Chairman of the ABFA [Allied Burger Flipper Association] ) that the number to be furloughed would be 2000 and not 1500. He also said that the fry station was being retired and all of the fry guys were going to be displaced into the ice cream swirl machine and salad tossing line. This would be a big blow to us in the oil pool at McDonalds...However, this all could change soon because I also heard that there was a new contract coming with Frybardier, for 100 and 150 notch fry holders. Just remember that fast food is a volatile industry and anything is possible. Regards!

Be careful...

The fryer grease is extremely hot. Be sure to watch all your gauges!!! Don't let your guard down.

News flash

I heard Carl's Jr. is hiring. So's KFC, but there's a "secret recipe" to getting on with the Colonel.

Fry Guy, Inc.

Hey would someone be willing to walk my resume in for me? No matter how many times I fax it in and call them, I still have gotten no response. Then I flip open the latest issue of Fry Guy, Inc. magazine, and Kit Farby is telling me how there is this huge shortage of fry guys.

Fry Guy "shortage" and age discrimination in fry guy hiring

whereamI said:
Then I flip open the latest issue of Fry Guy, Inc. magazine, and Kit Farby is telling me how there is this huge shortage of fry guys.
Farby has been whistling that tune for 16 years, which, by the way, is the minimum age for earning your FTP (Fry Transport Person) certificate. Of course, Farby made millions as president of FAFA (Future American Fryers' Association).

During his incarnation as FAFA, Farby published the magazine Frying Careers. In about 1990, he renamed it to Career Fryer.

Farby puts on these career seminars from time to time. He invites reps from companies, such as McDonald's, the Colonel, Taco Bell, Burger King, and Wendy's. You have to dress for an interview. Complete waste of time; I was told that experience in broadcasting is not helpful at all for a burger-flipping career. I also was told, in not so many terms, that I was too old. It's really frustrating when you send in tons of materials for burger jobs and people who are young enough to be your children are getting the jobs while you are not. I always understood that age discrimination is illegal. At any rate, not being able to find a job flipping burgers and needing a job that paid money were more than enough to prompt me to go to paralegal school.

Last edited:
Re: Be careful...

SmoovFlight said:
The fryer grease is extremely hot. Be sure to watch all your gauges!!! Don't let your guard down.

Come on SmoovFlight, your never going to be a professional fryer with a lack of technical terminology!

It should be "Don't let your lard down.":D

i stand corrected...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back