• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mexican Airlines' Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only way an american can work as a pilot in mexico is corporate jet with an N number and the based unoficialy some where in mexico

Well I been working for those mexican airlines for 11 years now , and mexican companies you have the bad , not so bad , in the midle and super paid , there several new low cost carriers with low wages CAP. arond 4800dlls a month FO about 3400dlls , and on the other end you have aeromexico and mexicana cap that flies the 777 making about 15000dlls a month all of this tax free. of course getting into aeromexico first you have spend about 7 year in there comuter to go as FO of the MD80 and to be upgraded takes about 15 years after wards , and for mexicana its been 8 year since they hired and to upgrade takes about 16 years

$180,000 per year to fly a 777 tax free!!!!! And we worry about the Mexicans taking our jobs...lol....Considering the cost of living in Mexico (housing, food, entertainment, etc) those guys are probably making the equivalent of 500k plus per year up here. We should give a collective ´sorry´ from the US for lowering the bar....Is there any country in the world where pilots are worse off when you consider the cost of living? I think not....

Dude

Have you ever tried to buy a house in Mexico City?? Entertainment?? Its a big expensive city like most cities in the world. You can buy a hell of a lot more house in Dallas, Atlanta etc.

well mexico city is one of the most expensive cities en latin america a house in san diego or beach front property in mexico is cheaper than in mexico city

You're a funny guy, but I'd bet you've never flown into Guadalajara, Monterey, Chihuaha or hand-flown the Mateo5 arrival Rnwy5R into Mexico city because if you had, you wouldn't make fun of those Mexican pilots or their accents. The controllers down there won't spoon-feed you on to final, and the further south you go the worse it gets. Try it sometime, but make sure you know how to shoot a DME-ARC approach before you go. Also pay attention to the MSA, cause ya ain't in Kansas anymore.

I'm in love with your avatar

Dude

Have you ever tried to buy a house in Mexico City?? Entertainment?? Its a big expensive city like most cities in the world. You can buy a hell of a lot more house in Dallas, Atlanta etc.

Dude,

Let´s compare a LAX or SFO based UAL 747 Captain to a Aeromexico 777 MEX based Captain. Both make about the same. A starter house in a decent neighborhood in LA costs about 750k. I haven´t checked the listings in Mexico city lately but I´m sure it costs a lot less than 750K US to get in. Don´t forget the guy could commute as well and live like a king. Dal and Atl are cheap because nobody in their right mind would choose to live there unless their jobs required it. I´m sure you could find cheaper housing in Flint Michigan than you could in MEX as well.

The Ual captain gets hit with Federal and State taxes as well. The Aeromexico guy can still live a white collar lifestyle. The Ual senior captain would have a much lower quality of live compared to his peers...

I would still argue that we are cheapening the profession when compared to our peers around the world. Mexico is famous for cheap labor yet their pilots seem to be holding the bar much higher than we are.

I would still argue that we are cheapening the profession when compared to our peers around the world. Mexico is famous for cheap labor yet their pilots seem to be holding the bar much higher than we are.

Supply and demand economics. Is it possible that wages would go up for laborers in US if there were less access to ilegal immigrants, I would say yes.

As for pilot wages around the world, we rank pretty high up the food chain whether you believe it or not.

To fly for Aeromexico just MUST first fly @ their regional (Aerolitoral). Its a flow program that can take up to six years. Also you have to be Mexican. I also have a house in Manzanillo. Great place to live and only a 3 hour drive to Guadalajara. I have stayed away from the jobs in Mexico due to the low pay of most of the airlines (except Aeromexico and Mexicana). Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back