Mexican Airlines' Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Their english is better than my spanish

Years ago did a night trip into Guadalajara and the controller spoke perfect Engish. It was late enough that while he had cleared us to the gate I picked up the mike and complimented him on his English. His reply; Hey no problem, since I was a gas meter reader in Los Angeles for the last twenty-five years!

And how does one apply to these places? Seems like a broken link on Aero Mexico's website.

It would be my guess that it would be quite difficult to get a work visa for Mexico. Its a one way street for jobs and immigration. Northbound only.

I chatted with an AeroCalifornia (are they even still in business?) DC9 FO about 5 years ago on the ramp in Guadalajara. He was asking how to apply at CAL becuase he was making $16/hr in his 3rd year. Obviously not the same status as Mexicana or AeroMexico but even if they make double or triple that's still no bueno.

You're a funny guy, but I'd bet you've never flown into Guadalajara, Monterey, Chihuaha or hand-flown the Mateo5 arrival Rnwy5R into Mexico city because if you had, you wouldn't make fun of those Mexican pilots or their accents. The controllers down there won't spoon-feed you on to final, and the further south you go the worse it gets. Try it sometime, but make sure you know how to shoot a DME-ARC approach before you go. Also pay attention to the MSA, cause ya ain't in Kansas anymore.

I for one, can say that I have done all that.....basically Mexican ATC sucks and the controllers in sub-Sahara Africa can be better tha Mexico

And how does one apply to these places? Seems like a broken link on Aero Mexico's website.

In order to get a Commercial Mexican License or ATP, you have to be a Mexican citizen BY BIRTH. This is by mexican law and it's written on their SCT Regulations (Sector Communicacciones y Transportes) the equivalent of our DOT.

Bottom line, us gringos cannot be employed by a mexican airline.

Aeromexico F.O. B737 or MD-80 = about avrg. 90 bucks an hour
Something like 5 to 6500 USD a month depending on the month with average 85 hours flown. ( these are take home figures)
Aeromexico 757/767/777 F.O. a little more depending on the amount of trips to Europe or Japan a month, and these figures do not include per diem, compensations, bonuses etc.

Aeromexico CAP. = double these figures.

How I know this, have an old buddy from High School that works there and absolutely no way I can work there as a gringo.

Uhmmm, maybe I can marry Margarita.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back