• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mexican Airlines' Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In order to get a Commercial Mexican License or ATP, you have to be a Mexican citizen BY BIRTH. This is by mexican law and it's written on their SCT Regulations (Sector Communicacciones y Transportes) the equivalent of our DOT.

Bottom line, us gringos cannot be employed by a mexican airline.

Wait, Mexico has strict employment laws when it comes to immigrants??? Amazing. Perhaps us "gringos" to the north could take a cue or two from them. Nah, let's just continue to be the dumping ground of the western world.....

I've seen and heard AeroMexico hundreds of times on the ground at various major airports and never once have I heard the scenario you described. Seems to me like you're full of sheeite....

I actually heard that twice in Atlanta; once when AirMexicana crew was talking to ATC but were very hard to understand (two different voices and both equally hard to understand), the second time was when Air France flew in and decided to taxi to their gate without talking to ground.

Wait, Mexico has strict employment laws when it comes to immigrants??? Amazing. Perhaps us "gringos" to the north could take a cue or two from them.

Amen!

Three, and your asking that question proves you are indeed an idiot.

The relevance still escapes me. English is the language of aviation. I didn't make the rules. If the language were german instead, I would learn it to fly. Name calling does not change that fact. It merely underscores the irrelevance of your question.

Wait, Mexico has strict employment laws when it comes to immigrants??? Amazing. Perhaps us "gringos" to the north could take a cue or two from them. Nah, let's just continue to be the dumping ground of the western world.....

Mexico actually uses violent and draconian measures to keep their southern boarder closed to illegal immigrants. Do a search and you can read all about it.

I ain't doi'ng dat job!

Well, I'm not about to go and pick oranges, cotton etc. Let them do it.
We demand it, they supply it, just like drugs. On the aviation side, they are making better wages and not lowering the bar for an airline pilot. Heard you are actually respected as a pilot down there.

Well, I'm not about to go and pick oranges, cotton etc. Let them do it.
We demand it, they supply it, just like drugs. On the aviation side, they are making better wages and not lowering the bar for an airline pilot. Heard you are actually respected as a pilot down there.

Very true. I have an uncle and several friends that are corporate pilots. The pilot community is a small one. Flight Training is very expensive for the average mexican to afford and the credit/student loan market is non existant south of the border. As a result, the supply of pilots is relatively low in Mexico. The Mexican Air Force does not produce a large number of military pilots either. Low supply of labor = higher leverage for salaries.

Very true. I have an uncle and several friends that are corporate pilots. The pilot community is a small one. Flight Training is very expensive for the average mexican to afford and the credit/student loan market is non existant south of the border. As a result, the supply of pilots is relatively low in Mexico. The Mexican Air Force does not produce a large number of military pilots either. Low supply of labor = higher leverage for salaries.

We currently have a low supply in the U.S. for labor/pilots. Look at pilot starts since 9-11. The answer seems to be, lower standards.

There are alot of Mexican pilots all over the world including Emirates, China Air, this was due to the lack of airlines in Mexico. Now with more than 7 LCC in Mexico there are airline jobs at most of them and what I've heard they are having no problems filling the slots. The tricky part is getting into the well paid ones like Aeromexico and Mexicana.

Well I been working for those mexican airlines for 11 years now , and mexican companies you have the bad , not so bad , in the midle and super paid , there several new low cost carriers with low wages CAP. arond 4800dlls a month FO about 3400dlls , and on the other end you have aeromexico and mexicana cap that flies the 777 making about 15000dlls a month all of this tax free. of course getting into aeromexico first you have spend about 7 year in there comuter to go as FO of the MD80 and to be upgraded takes about 15 years after wards , and for mexicana its been 8 year since they hired and to upgrade takes about 16 years

Thanks for the reply 9pilot. Mi novia es mexicana. Soy gringo, pero soy curioso acerca de mexico. Creo que no puedo trabajar en mexico...no importa si tengo residencia en mexico, verdad? Soy un piloto aqui en EEUU. Me gustaria vivir en mexico en el futuro...quiza en manzanillo o colima. Creo voy a tener que viajar a EEUU para trabajar si vivo en mexico. Tenga buen dia, gracias.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back