Mesa's GO airline in Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Soverytired said:
(I'll be sure to leave the lint and the hairs in your jumpseat . .. heh, heh.)

:)

eeeewww! enough you are grossing me out!

islandhopper said:
Thats a funny way of putting it, I understood your point the first time. My point is just beware beacuse you will be compared to mesa the next time you enter negotiations whether the forum is Section 6 or otherwise.

I would just never say on these public forums that I had very solid compensation. You may or may not be VERY SOLIDLY SURPRISED to see who reads this crap and how and when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

Am I supposed to be scared? Am I supposed to complain whether I am making $30 or $300 dollars an hour? Will that make me more professional? I can just see the contract openers ("well we intended to propose a 10% pay raise for every year of the upcoming contract, but we have a copy of this post by "FlickerFade" of two years ago from flightinfo.com. FlickerFade who apparently flys for some airline, not sure which one, uses the very flowery adjective "solid" in describing pilot compensation here at Hawaiian. So our offer is now a 50% pay cut!" Then the negotiating committee says "find out who FlickerFade is, even if he doesn't fly for HA, we'll kick his arse!!" It's all his fault! Damn you FlickerFade!!!!!!!!!)

Yep, that's probably the way it will go down. Boy I have a lot of power here!

OK, Mark Dunkerly, Increase all hours pay at HA by $50 per hour now! (there, that'll help a lot come contract openers! Thanks for showing me what real power I have:))

Oh, and UA, Skywest, and SWA all fly from LAX-SMF and charge about the same fare. I don't think that the arbitrator would use Skywest when judging comparable wages for these dissimilar aircraft even though the route is the same.

Anyway, feel free to disagree with me on the current level of compensation at Hawaiian Airlines. But one shouldn't be afraid of living in Hawaii on what they pay.

Last edited:
FlickerFade said:
Am I supposed to be scared?

I'm not trying to scare you. Just was making a point. I could probably admit to my splitting hairs at this point. Just cant begin to tell you how many times we heard in BK court "you have to give up the contract because mesa is coming" well now they are here. What will our mgmts say next time? I hope neither of our airlines ever gets there. Heres to crushing those cocky bastards at mesa! :beer:

Mesa offers to pay passenger to fly interisland flights

The one-way promotions are good through Friday

David Segal
[email protected]

Mesa Air Group Inc.’s new airline go!, which shook up the interisland market with its $39 one-way fares, sprung another surprise this morning by offering to pay passengers to fly and get to know Go! Go will pay passengers $6.09 to promote their service starting on 6-09-2006.
The fare was available for reservation beginning at noon today through 11:59 p.m. on Friday — the day it begins its new interisland service — or until the special tickets are sold out.
Mesa said that the special tickets will be valid for travel from Friday through July 9 between Honolulu and Lihue, Kahului or Kona. They also will be usable between Honolulu and Hilo starting June 30, when Mesa begins service to that city, through July 9.
The special tickets will be paid when the passenger completes the flight and no changes will be allowed with the special fare. Seats may not be available on all flights.
Tickets can be reserved on the airline’s Web site, www.iflygo.com, or by calling 1-888-iflygo2 (1-888-435-9462.)
“Interisland fares have been too high for too long, and go! is here to make a change,” said Jonathan Ornstein, chairman and chief executive officer of Mesa. with this special promotion, we hope to give everyone the chance to fly go! and have the opportunity to visit friends and family with this promtion. This seems the only way to get people on our flights. The locals airlines are not playing ball, I expect them to bow to me and just get out of the way and let me destroy them. Don’t they know who they are dealing with? Said JO. For those that is worried about Mesa and our shareholders, as soon as we dump one of the local carrier will jack up the price so I can buy a nice house in Hawaii Kai.
Mesa also announced today that it signed a sponsorship agreement with a local band, Big Every Time, also known as BET. The band’s South Pacific reggae/hip-hop-style music, will become the airline’s corporate sound and will be played on flights. The voices of band members will also be heard doing greetings and giving directions on board the aircraft.
Mesa, which announced in September it was going to be entering the Hawaii market with 50-seat Bombardier CRJ-200s, will begin operating out of Honolulu Airport’s commuter terminal with 32 daily flights between Honolulu and Lihue, Kahului and Kona.
It will increase service to 62 daily flights with four aircraft starting June 30, when it begins flying between Honolulu and Hilo.

I heard they will also pass out complimentary spam!

Latest resources

Back