Mesa's GO airline in Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Soverytired said:
All the lint in my front pockets and 3 hairs from my ball-sack?

Are you sure the three hairs are your own? Either way i'll pass your stakes are far too high for me.

here's a freebie then.

"HAWAII" is not a base much in the same way ARIZONA or PENNSYLVANIA are not bases. Your pilots are being based on the outer islands.

We know JO thinks all our base are already belong to him now but until he actually takes over Hawaii, he needs to buy his pilots tickets to get to Honolulu and stop trying to waste all our fuel hauling your pilots around for free.

Anything else you want to argue about this morning?

Soverytired said:
All the lint in my front pockets and 3 hairs from my unshaven ball-sack?

Now its edited unshaven? :eek: You have quite the facination with the male genetils. Not that theres anything wrong with that. I'll still pass though, thank you! But there is a FA out here named Ka'i you might really like to meet. :erm:

Soverytired said:
Educate me please.

I'm curious as to why you feel this is illegal, or counter to any j/s agreements.

The facts are these:

1 week prior to Go service start-up, and before the "mandatory training event", pilots and f/a's new domicile will be changed to Hawaii.

These are their "move days".

This is a voluntary move, not a displacement. Ergo, in point of fact, their domicile will be Hawaii before they even get there.

Before you edit this post also. Here is a copy.

HAWAII is a State, (some say a "sovereign nation" without a King). Domiciles are cities. You and JO can't just make the entire State of Hawaii a base. The State of Hawaii stretches for over 2000 miles from Hilo to Midway and almost takes up as much space on a map as the entire continental USA. Mesa made 5 cities on 4 islands BASES for Go! in Hawaii. Hilo and Kona are on the same island, not Honolulu.

Last edited:
Soverytired said:
Personally, I think it makes no sense economically (unless you have means other than your airline job) for Aloha, Hawaiian, or Mesa pilots to live there. But you only live once, and there's more to life than a healthy bank account. (so I'm told, but don't believe).

Watch who you are lumping together. You can compare Mesa with Island Air, that's it.

HA has very solid compensation and AQ is a distant second now.

If you can't live in Hawaii on HA wages, you've gotta check your budget.

Ongoing battle between the mental midgets continues ad nauseum . . . .

islandhopper said:
Are you sure the three hairs are your own? Either way i'll pass your stakes are far too high for me.

here's a freebie then.

"HAWAII" is not a base much in the same way ARIZONA or PENNSYLVANIA are not bases. Your pilots are being based on the outer islands.

We know JO thinks all our base are already belong to him now but until he actually takes over Hawaii, he needs to buy his pilots tickets to get to Honolulu and stop trying to waste all our fuel hauling your pilots around for free.

Anything else you want to argue about this morning?

Hmm. As much as it kills me to admit it, you have a point.

Assuming the "training event" takes place in HNL, pilots and crews based in OGG and LIH should have company provided travel to HNL. As GO service will not be up and running yet, Mesa should buy tickets on Island Air, Aloha, or Hawaiian to get them there.

I hope you charge them full price! ;)

Soverytired said:
Hmm. As much as it kills me to admit it, you have a point.

Assuming the "training event" takes place in HNL, pilots and crews based in OGG and LIH should have company provided travel to HNL. As GO service will not be up and running yet, Mesa should buy tickets on Island Air, Aloha, or Hawaiian to get them there.

I hope you charge them full price! ;)

And you should be given credit for avoiding betting me any money. :nuts:

FlickerFade said:
HA has very solid compensation and AQ is a distant second now.

Until Dunkerly comes back to you guys for your pension and more wage cuts and then blames mesa.

I am very sorry you think you have SOLID COMPENSATION with one small raise after decades of concessions at HAL I would think most other HAL pilots do NOT agree with you.

You shouldn't be posting on these forums that you think your compensation is solid. You are only making the jobs of your negotiators much harder when the time comes.

I will delete this reply if you want to delete yours.

islandhopper said:
Until Dunkerly comes back to you guys for your pension and more wage cuts and then blames mesa.

I am very sorry you think you have SOLID COMPENSATION with one small raise after decades of concessions at HAL I would think most other HAL pilots do NOT agree with you.

You shouldn't be posting on these forums that you think your compensation is solid. You are only making the jobs of your negotiators much harder when the time comes.

I will delete this reply if you want to delete yours.

No. I am very familiar with HA's compensation and fortunately or unfortunately it's near the top of the industry.

Certainly can afford to live in Hawaii and not be compared to Mesa, which was my point in responding.

FlickerFade said:
fortunately or unfortunately it's near the top of the industry.

Certainly can afford to live in Hawaii and not be compared to Mesa, which was my point in responding.
Thats a funny way of putting it, I understood your point the first time. My point is just beware beacuse you will be compared to mesa the next time you enter negotiations whether the forum is Section 6 or otherwise.

I would just never say on these public forums that I had very solid compensation. You may or may not be VERY SOLIDLY SURPRISED to see who reads this crap and how and when it comes back to bite you in the ass.

Latest resources

Back