• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big Bad Billy P is reporting the first 4 CRJ's will be going to MSP. The next 10 will be DTW and MEM will come after that...

MM

i am starting a rumor (I would think its wrong) that NWA will not pay extra for the FMS system on the new CRJ 900's. Their reasoning is that it would cost millions to update the electronic flight cases, so the first ten are not going to have the electronic flight cases, so that also means the GPS is de-activated. The crj will be flying VOR to VOR just like the Saab.

The second Rumor is that Mesaba is so desperate for pilots that they are buying Crystal shamrock which closed down because of bankruptcy. They will staff the defuct flight school with a few instructors, and offer descounted rates for students willing to sign long term employment contracts. They will offer a 152 to a CRJ 900 program. They are thinking of capitolizing on the success of the movie "300", their slogan will me from 0-300 flight hours you will be in a crj!

I heard our first 900 will be delayed in delivery so it can goto Paris for the airshow.

And from zee left, in a low-pay pass, is zee Mesaba CRJ-900. Ooh la la!

Bill P says there are going to be equipped with a level 2 (?) electronic flight bag.

They will get what they deserve with staffing. I just heard from someone that since the bankruptcy started, we lost 353 pilots (37%) of the workforce. And they just keep leaving!

Well, unlike you, and few others, airline flying is not EVERYTHING to every body. It's a great opportunity, but like I said, it's not everything. Let's say someone is already flying a jet and making a lot more than the start F/O salary (this person has flown a turbo-prop as well, few different models), but wants to experience airline flying and would rather fly a jet, then I say there's nothing wrong with it.

Seniority might means a lot to you but it's not EVERTHING to others. Especially for someone who has two parallel careers. I have a friend who has just bypassed captain upgrade at one of the regionals as he want to focus on his other career while enjoying, as one of the most senior FOs, best schedules and benefits.

I have heard also that some pilots have bypassed Saab340 for CRJ-900 and if the choice given, there's nothing wrong with deciding one way or the other. One of the guys who bypassed the first Saab340 class simply did it because his family is in MSP and he knows that the CRJ choice would base him in MSP and the Saab340 class of 4/23-24 could bring about the possibility of MEM or DTW base. He'd rather wait few months to be based in MSP for QOL then start an early class. In fact he says that he'd rather take a Saab340 out of MSP then CRJ-900 out of DTW.

Comprende?

Quite a myopic view of the airline industry. Anyone taking a new hire regional FO job as a hobby has a mental problem to begin with. If your other "parallel" career is lucrative enough to allow you to be away from home for 20 days a month flying a shiny new CRJ around the midwest, maybe you should just frac share a jet and fly it around yourself.

The entire idea of bypassing seniority for a better QOL is also ridiculous. That is the entire point of seniority. That three months could mean a lot. Just ask the bubble FOs that did the upgrade/downgrade/upgrade/transition training shuffle over the last four years. It is also the seniority that allows for those sweet schedules that the FOs have to choose from instead of bottom feeding on the captain list to pay the bills. SENIORITY is the driving force that allows better QOL and better pay. Ironically, the saab will have better schedules and thus better pay and QOL foy YEARS anyway. Just ask any of the AVRO guys how nice the skeds were back in the day.

OUT

Bill P says there are going to be equipped with a level 2 (?) electronic flight bag.

They will get what they deserve with staffing. I just heard from someone that since the bankruptcy started, we lost 353 pilots (37%) of the workforce. And they just keep leaving!

I was furloughed around number 880. I am being recalled around 580... Sure made the decision to leave the 135 captain job a lot easier.... just have to figure out how to pay the bills for the next 12-18 months or so til upgrade....

just have to figure out how to pay the bills for the next 12-18 months or so til upgrade....

Now thats optimistic. :)

Latest resources

Back