• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the upgrade, it'll all depend on attrition. I moved up over 60 spots since the mid-January seniority list. At that rate, Mesaba will lose another 240+ pilots by the end of 2007, but I don't think that many people will actually leave.

Hey I've been told I need to be more positive so I am trying....
As for upgrade if I could guess that exactly I wouldn't be taking recall, I'd be at the poker tables in Vegas. 12 months probably won't happen, 18 months should IF we actually get all the awarded CRJ's this time AND we don't loose any more planes (other than 602XJ which is already set to leave). After the last screw job I won't be holding my breath in anticipation, but I have to think Mesaba is past due for some good to come its way. Just as Foley, Pohlad, Spanjers, ect. are way past due for their bad karma....:smash:

As for the comments about SCREW JOBS...TO ALL Furloughs returning... try this one on for size.

If you are a returning furlough, plan on it being a long time before you get your small share of the bankruptcy claim.

You may NOT even get any share of the claim at all!!!

MSA ALPA is considering to cut out ALL FURLOUGH RETURNEES from receiving any bit of money from the bankruptcy claim. They claim that the furloughs have not suffered as much as the people that got to keep their job.

The other option they are looking at is that if you return, you have to be at XJ for over a year, before you are eligible to get any 401k deposit. If you return, and find a better job 5, 7, 9 months down the road, MSA ALPA feels that you DO NOT deserve your share.

Keep in mind that there will be people that were at XJ only 1 day past the cut-off, and moved on to other jobs, they are set to receive their $20,000+ pay-out. Meanwhile a furlough that has been on the list for months after the cut-off day...ALPA feels that you are not one of the 'good ol boys.'

But, they will take your 2% with big smiles.

Here's to you Mr. Mesaba Pilot Yes Voter Guy!

Your inept greed, and cowardly act has helped further lower the profession of the pilot.

All in the name of "This will help me get to be a Captain sooner, and get out of here!" That is no different than the Ho-Jets, Mesa, Skywest, and all of the other bottom feeders mentality.

There are no guarenteed additional aircraft coming. Even if you receive replacements for the Avro's you will still be lower than you were.

In the tradition of FlightInfo (but reversed),.... "You are no longer welcome in my jumpseat."

Question...what is your 2% dues getting you anyways?

Nothing I say.

You are awarded no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Nothing but negative posting on XJ. Do you work for Mesaba? and if not, how many Mesaba folks have you denied the jump seat to. Probably none! Keep catching bass troll.

Is it negative?

Or is it facts?

Is it Mesaba comments?

Or are they directed at ALPA?

That is a nice group you have there at ALPA. Everyone is fine and dandy, and good, as long as you agree with the machine. But, as soon as you disagree with the machine, you must be punished!!

There seems to be much talk about drinking company kool-aid. Usually from union die-hards. Lets open some conversation about union kool-aid.

Of course, the union would deny any such doings. And they would attempt to silence those that feel that way.

Yeah, I want to be a part of that.

Is it negative?

Or is it facts?

Is it Mesaba comments?

That is a nice group you have there at ALPA. Everyone is fine and dandy, and good, as long as you agree with the machine. But, as soon as you disagree with the machine, you must be punished!!

There seems to be much talk about drinking company kool-aid. Usually from union die-hards. Lets open some conversation about union kool-aid.

Of course, the union would deny any such doings. And they would attempt to silence those that feel that way.

Betcha kick your dog when you get home from a trip.

Is it negative?

Or is it facts?

Is it Mesaba comments?

I don't always like what I see from the union either, but you know, there are several openings for volunteers right now. I don't think you can stop them from serving the kool-aid, but maybe you can make sure they don't add so much arsenic by mixing it yourself.

Or you can just kvetch and throw your remote at the TV when they went for the pass when you thought they should have run it. That'll show 'em!

Was that enough metaphors?

As for the comments about SCREW JOBS...TO ALL Furloughs returning... try this one on for size.

If you are a returning furlough, plan on it being a long time before you get your small share of the bankruptcy claim.

You may NOT even get any share of the claim at all!!!

MSA ALPA is considering to cut out ALL FURLOUGH RETURNEES from receiving any bit of money from the bankruptcy claim. They claim that the furloughs have not suffered as much as the people that got to keep their job.

The other option they are looking at is that if you return, you have to be at XJ for over a year, before you are eligible to get any 401k deposit. If you return, and find a better job 5, 7, 9 months down the road, MSA ALPA feels that you DO NOT deserve your share.

Keep in mind that there will be people that were at XJ only 1 day past the cut-off, and moved on to other jobs, they are set to receive their $20,000+ pay-out. Meanwhile a furlough that has been on the list for months after the cut-off day...ALPA feels that you are not one of the 'good ol boys.'

But, they will take your 2% with big smiles.

No comment on this one until it comes out as fact that this is what the union is planning on doing. I find it hard to believe they would do this.

Latest resources

Back