• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good, let them all bypass so I can get into class sooner... I'd rather be in the Saab w/ a lower number than be in the jet starting in June. ;)

I know it has been said b4 on here, but anyone that turns down a seniority number so they can fly the crj should be shot.

with Napoleon D attitude "IDIOT"

Mesaba!

Can anyone tell me what the odds are of MSP or MEM if starting in the April 23rd class. Just curious my wife is based in MEM but we would like to move back to MSP. Thanks!

I know it has been said b4 on here, but anyone that turns down a seniority number so they can fly the crj should be shot.

with Napoleon D attitude "IDIOT"
Well, unlike you, and few others, airline flying is not EVERYTHING to every body. It's a great opportunity, but like I said, it's not everything. Let's say someone is already flying a jet and making a lot more than the start F/O salary (this person has flown a turbo-prop as well, few different models), but wants to experience airline flying and would rather fly a jet, then I say there's nothing wrong with it.

Seniority might means a lot to you but it's not EVERTHING to others. Especially for someone who has two parallel careers. I have a friend who has just bypassed captain upgrade at one of the regionals as he want to focus on his other career while enjoying, as one of the most senior FOs, best schedules and benefits.

I have heard also that some pilots have bypassed Saab340 for CRJ-900 and if the choice given, there's nothing wrong with deciding one way or the other. One of the guys who bypassed the first Saab340 class simply did it because his family is in MSP and he knows that the CRJ choice would base him in MSP and the Saab340 class of 4/23-24 could bring about the possibility of MEM or DTW base. He'd rather wait few months to be based in MSP for QOL then start an early class. In fact he says that he'd rather take a Saab340 out of MSP then CRJ-900 out of DTW.

Comprende?

Can anyone tell me what the odds are of MSP or MEM if starting in the April 23rd class. Just curious my wife is based in MEM but we would like to move back to MSP. Thanks!

Hi,

They are hiring 30 SF3 FO's, and 2 CR9 FO's for the April 23rd class. Anyone hired into the CR9, for now, will be MSP based, as the first few CR9's will be in MSP. I don't know when they will start to put them in DTW and MEM.

As far as the Saab goes, you might have to wait a couple/few months for MSP, as there are a lot of current pilots and furloughs who have to get moved back there, first. For now, more Saab FO's might go to MEM before DTW or MSP, as that is where a lot of MSP and DTW guys are currently parked, awaiting their chance to move.

This could all clear up very quickly, or it might take a few months.

Last edited:
They don't know yet, but most likely next week or once in class.. I'm guessing majority of the new hires will get MEM. Older guys and gals might be able to bid DTW.

Latest resources

Back