Mesaba will Furlough 65....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gnx99

The furlough list is out. It looks like all the voluntaries were in addition to the involuntaries. If I counted correctly, the number was 65 total.

Even the seniority numbers went up a bunch since the original furlough notice came out! Lots of people leaving....

That will bring the total up to 211 guys and gals on the street. Spongebob is probably celebrating because he'll end up getting a bonus out of it.

This is actually starting to look like we might go down to 49 saabs. Although the monthlly decrease in Avros was the same in June as July with 15 scheduled to operate. It will be interesting to see the scheduled aircraft # in August. It still sucks that the furloughs are continuing. Believe it or not, I still have some hope left that in the end XJ will be ok. Or like the DTW Chief Pilot said the day I turned my "stuff" in: " Hopefully you'll all be back soon and we'll be sitting here in the office looking back and laughing at this whole thing." :rolleyes:

Northern Lights said:
Ugh! I haven't seen the list, but I would assume that would go back to spring of '04.

You're right. I just checked and it's early spring of '04. Sad.

My deepest regret goes out to the Mesaba pilot group and the treatment that you are getting from MGT.

We at TSA are also feeling pain.....different problem - same result. Hopefully the furloughed will land softly......

Take care all.........

When will this pilot group wake up? It is going to happen. Spanky will do whatever is necessary to get the concessionary agreement. The senior guys are chomping at the bit to sign it. Get it to the pilots so that they can ratify it by 2% and begin the deliveries. This thing will not turn around without the concessions. Peroid. Everyone is missing the obvious:

IT DOES NOT HURT THE SLT ONE BIT TO DRAG THIS THING OUT. THEY ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY TO KEEP BEATING THE PILOTS, FLIGHT ATTENDANTS , ETC INTO SUBMISSION.

I'll bet anyone that they are all having a great laugh at the unions' expense. Their bonuses keep rolling in while the pilots bicker about the inevitable.

The writing is on the wall. The union leadership is all bailing (rats jumping ship).

Had the pilots agreed to the 19.4% (its gonna happen sooner or later) a year ago, XJ would be hiring like mad right now. The furloughed pilots would be counting the months to upgrade, not recall.

I don't advocate concessions, but with this pilot group, its inevitable. Look at recent XJ history.

Cut out all the hand-wringing and swallow it.

KaptainKarl said:
When will this pilot group wake up? It is going to happen. Spanky will do whatever is necessary to get the concessionary agreement. The senior guys are chomping at the bit to sign it. Get it to the pilots so that they can ratify it by 2% and begin the deliveries. This thing will not turn around without the concessions. Peroid. Everyone is missing the obvious:

IT DOES NOT HURT THE SLT ONE BIT TO DRAG THIS THING OUT. THEY ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY TO KEEP BEATING THE PILOTS, FLIGHT ATTENDANTS , ETC INTO SUBMISSION.

I'll bet anyone that they are all having a great laugh at the unions' expense. Their bonuses keep rolling in while the pilots bicker about the inevitable.

The writing is on the wall. The union leadership is all bailing (rats jumping ship).

Had the pilots agreed to the 19.4% (its gonna happen sooner or later) a year ago, XJ would be hiring like mad right now. The furloughed pilots would be counting the months to upgrade, not recall.

I don't advocate concessions, but with this pilot group, its inevitable. Look at recent XJ history.

Cut out all the hand-wringing and swallow it.

Must be nice to have all the answers. Kudos to you, and your uncanny ability to look in the mirror while selling out.

Nope, I got out. Currently working outside of aviation and happy as a clam. Poetic justice to all the senior c0cksuckers who sold ME out on the last contract. I don't claim to have all the answers. Just the facts as they pertain to XJ. Spent quite a bit of time there and know that group. Flew with the senior-most of the CAs and was told by many that they are only concerned with their "toys, houses, and hos" Bottom half of that group don't stand a chance.
I sleep very well at night (in my own bed)

Latest resources

Back