• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba will Furlough 65....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Concessions are inevitable, but not because of a weak pilot group or union. All parties involved (mgt, judge, and even the union) have agreed that concessions are necessary for XJ to survive. (The amount however differs greatly!) I have to agree with YPF on this one. No progress is being made right now because there are no airplanes to be had. Once they announce airplanes, I believe mgt will be more open to negotiate. We will take concessions, forced or through union ratification, with the latter being prefered. The question in my mind is whether or not we can build protection into our agreements to protect us from this greedy mgt.

KaptainKarl said:
When will this pilot group wake up? It is going to happen. Spanky will do whatever is necessary to get the concessionary agreement. The senior guys are chomping at the bit to sign it. Get it to the pilots so that they can ratify it by 2% and begin the deliveries. This thing will not turn around without the concessions. Peroid. Everyone is missing the obvious:

IT DOES NOT HURT THE SLT ONE BIT TO DRAG THIS THING OUT. THEY ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY TO KEEP BEATING THE PILOTS, FLIGHT ATTENDANTS , ETC INTO SUBMISSION.

I'll bet anyone that they are all having a great laugh at the unions' expense. Their bonuses keep rolling in while the pilots bicker about the inevitable.

The writing is on the wall. The union leadership is all bailing (rats jumping ship).

Had the pilots agreed to the 19.4% (its gonna happen sooner or later) a year ago, XJ would be hiring like mad right now. The furloughed pilots would be counting the months to upgrade, not recall.

I don't advocate concessions, but with this pilot group, its inevitable. Look at recent XJ history.

Cut out all the hand-wringing and swallow it.

Wrong. There's NO way that piece of crap will pass. Not when the majority of the pilots have families and need health coverage. They won't pass something that has them paying 50-60% of their premiums or $600 a month for health coverage.

KaptainKarl said:
When will this pilot group wake up? It is going to happen. Spanky will do whatever is necessary to get the concessionary agreement. The senior guys are chomping at the bit to sign it. Get it to the pilots so that they can ratify it by 2% and begin the deliveries. This thing will not turn around without the concessions. Peroid. Everyone is missing the obvious:

IT DOES NOT HURT THE SLT ONE BIT TO DRAG THIS THING OUT. THEY ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY TO KEEP BEATING THE PILOTS, FLIGHT ATTENDANTS , ETC INTO SUBMISSION.

I'll bet anyone that they are all having a great laugh at the unions' expense. Their bonuses keep rolling in while the pilots bicker about the inevitable.

The writing is on the wall. The union leadership is all bailing (rats jumping ship).

Had the pilots agreed to the 19.4% (its gonna happen sooner or later) a year ago, XJ would be hiring like mad right now. The furloughed pilots would be counting the months to upgrade, not recall.

I don't advocate concessions, but with this pilot group, its inevitable. Look at recent XJ history.

Cut out all the hand-wringing and swallow it.

Yeah, I agree with Darth Vader! If we weren't such prissy Jedi Knights, we could have deliveries of some sweet new TIE Fighters. So what if we whore ourselves out?

Luke: How did my airline die?
Obi-Wan: A young pilot named Kaptain Karl, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the management hunt down and destroy the Mesaba Pilots. He betrayed and murdered your father.

Think of it guys, new TIE fighters! Shiny new big azz panels on the sides. Who cares if you're flying at sub-rock-bottom rates. Plus, I hear you get a new lightsabre!

this guy is slime, and his girlfriend is fat

KaptainKarl said:
Nope, I got out. Currently working outside of aviation and happy as a clam. Poetic justice to all the senior c0cksuckers who sold ME out on the last contract. I don't claim to have all the answers. Just the facts as they pertain to XJ. Spent quite a bit of time there and know that group. Flew with the senior-most of the CAs and was told by many that they are only concerned with their "toys, houses, and hos" Bottom half of that group don't stand a chance.
I sleep very well at night (in my own bed)

Not when the majority of the pilots have families and need health coverage.

You think anyone cares what the pilots have to pay for health coverage?

They won't pass something that has them paying 50-60% of their premiums or $600 a month for health coverage.
If I had a nickel for every time I heard something like this from an alpa rep pre-contract, I wouldn't have to work at all!

helped the management

You Star Wars geeks kill me. No, I don't see how I help management. I just call it as I see it.

Who cares if you're flying at sub-rock-bottom rates

I don't advocate sub industry pay, its a reality. You chose to stay at an incestious airline. Deal with it. XJ will never be a "brotherhood" XJALPA is in place for the top 200 much like ALPAregional is in place for ALPAnational. YOUR dues at work. (for them)

I hope things work out for the best for all xj pilots, but I also hope I win the lottery this week. Oh yeah, by the way, Santa Claus isn't real either.

KaptainKarl said:
You Star Wars geeks kill me. No, I don't see how I help management. I just call it as I see it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory

One allegory does not a geek make.

It seems you don't have a horse in this race. If you're so happy doing whatever else, then why don't you go do that.

Hmmmm. What could that be? I got it, you're in Paris, telling the French that they'd really be much better off if they just let the Nazis run things.

Uh oh, now I'm a history geek.

What is the current status of negotiations, has ALPA given a proposal. Or is it still "book till ya cook"?

I believe they gave XJ a proposal just prior to the start of the 2nd 1113c hearings. It is supposed to be posted on the MSA ALPA page (I know that doesn't do you any good). I can't view the ALPA page with my phone so I can't give any details.

Hmmmm. What could that be? I got it, you're in Paris, telling the French that they'd really be much better off if they just let the Nazis run things.
don't see the coorelation.

How many 113c filings will you need to get ur head out of your a$$. Good luck. LIke I said, my following of this is purely selfish. I enjoy seeing the old farts take it in the shorts. Karma. Its too bad the junior (over 200) guys are gonna ride it down with them.

Latest resources

Back