• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba will Furlough 65....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KK "I enjoy seeing the old farts take it in the shorts. Karma. Its too bad the junior (over 200) guys are gonna ride it down with them."[/QUOTE]

Whata knob ... glad this dweebs groud boud.

i think all this is a stall tactic to allow NWA time to make a deal with their flight attendants. That said, i am not sure the deal that will be offered us is worth taking. here.....we take the avros, and you get 15 crj 705's...and we will as for more pay cuts when we offer 10 more, and so on and so on. til then, i do not know how many of us will be furloughed....who knows maybe the ones who left early are the smart ones. my head is on the chopping block, sinc ei am so close to the bottom.....

What a surprise. Just like last time the voluntary furloughs didn't save any involuntarys. They just were gravy on the potatoes.
Better that the place fold than work for a sub-Mesa contract

kapt Karl/ capt Ed
who ever u are. Why am I going to take their sub par contract. I doubt yoy have even seen the term sheet that those pukes put out. If you had you would keep your mouth shut. Why the hell would I take a ********************ty contract for supposed growth. Yeah I might be able to upgarde to CA again, but do I want to sit in the left seat while the poor FO in the right lives off of food stamps. It's called karma and obviously your time will come. I.ve sat in this left seat long enough, worked two jobs to turn around and stab some future FO in the back, cause "I got mine"

you make me sick. I remember you on the union web board. You did provoke thought. Now you are out of the loop and don't know what you are talking about.
This company is financllay strong, it's a flippn sham. NWA knows their threshold of what they can give us. I'm not going to give them their wet dream.

KaptainKarl said:
When will this pilot group wake up? It is going to happen. Spanky will do whatever is necessary to get the concessionary agreement. The senior guys are chomping at the bit to sign it. Get it to the pilots so that they can ratify it by 2% and begin the deliveries. This thing will not turn around without the concessions. Peroid. Everyone is missing the obvious:

IT DOES NOT HURT THE SLT ONE BIT TO DRAG THIS THING OUT. THEY ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY TO KEEP BEATING THE PILOTS, FLIGHT ATTENDANTS , ETC INTO SUBMISSION.

I'll bet anyone that they are all having a great laugh at the unions' expense. Their bonuses keep rolling in while the pilots bicker about the inevitable.

The writing is on the wall. The union leadership is all bailing (rats jumping ship).

Had the pilots agreed to the 19.4% (its gonna happen sooner or later) a year ago, XJ would be hiring like mad right now. The furloughed pilots would be counting the months to upgrade, not recall.

I don't advocate concessions, but with this pilot group, its inevitable. Look at recent XJ history.

Cut out all the hand-wringing and swallow it.

Great post Karl. Hopefully the union "leader"ship will read it and take it to heart.

KaptainKarl said:
don't see the coorelation.

How many 113c filings will you need to get ur head out of your a$$. Good luck. LIke I said, my following of this is purely selfish. I enjoy seeing the old farts take it in the shorts. Karma. Its too bad the junior (over 200) guys are gonna ride it down with them.

We're all glad to see you get your jollies while the rest of us make the best of a bad situation. Too bad your teabag is so small, you could of stayed and fought like a real man.

KaptainKarl said:
When will this pilot group wake up? It is going to happen. Spanky will do whatever is necessary to get the concessionary agreement. The senior guys are chomping at the bit to sign it. Get it to the pilots so that they can ratify it by 2% and begin the deliveries. This thing will not turn around without the concessions. Peroid. Everyone is missing the obvious:

IT DOES NOT HURT THE SLT ONE BIT TO DRAG THIS THING OUT. THEY ARE PERFECTLY HAPPY TO KEEP BEATING THE PILOTS, FLIGHT ATTENDANTS , ETC INTO SUBMISSION.

I'll bet anyone that they are all having a great laugh at the unions' expense. Their bonuses keep rolling in while the pilots bicker about the inevitable.

The writing is on the wall. The union leadership is all bailing (rats jumping ship).

Had the pilots agreed to the 19.4% (its gonna happen sooner or later) a year ago, XJ would be hiring like mad right now. The furloughed pilots would be counting the months to upgrade, not recall.

I don't advocate concessions, but with this pilot group, its inevitable. Look at recent XJ history.

Cut out all the hand-wringing and swallow it.

Here is one furloughed pilot that would rather be on the street than work under management's imposed terms. I understand that given the current bind these bastards put the company in we will end up taking concessions. The terms they are demanding are way more than what is necessary for the company to survive though. Our union reps did a good job of showing this in court by demonstrating how flawed managemen'ts cost cutting models were.

We can't just give in now that we have proof they're full of bs. The longer we can drag this out the better. Spongebob can't continue this game forever. The company is bleeding cash, and stock performance has been horrilbe. Eventually the shareholders and NWA execs will push for this thing to be settled and he'll ask for something much less than 19.4%.

if anything the union groups are even more united. I know I've seen this on the line. See the startrib article written a week ago. once again if you are out of the loop, SHUT UP!!!!!

mesaba2425 said:
Great post Karl. Hopefully the union "leader"ship will read it and take it to heart.

Really Dan, you need to shut the hell up and keep figuring out how not to run a station!!!!!

Eventually the shareholders and NWA execs will push for this thing to be settled and he'll ask for something much less than 19.4%
Uh, not even close. the NWA execs and shareholders regard little XJ as a mere annoyance. They will get their's in the end - even if it is at your expense.

Never said I was out of the loop. I am very much in the loop. Actually, seeing this picture from a distance gives one great perspective. Only sorry I stayed there so long. Should have left much sooner. That kool-aid is sumpthin.

Here is one furloughed pilot that would rather be on the street than work under management's imposed terms
I think all of you should walk out. Be on the street. My point is that will never happen. Peroid. I am not advocating anything less than that which is equitable. WON'T HAPPEN. NOT AT XJ. TOO MANY OLD FARTS IN CONTROL IN XJALPA.

As for those who claim I don't have a dog in this fight, you are right. That said, this is a public board.

Good luck to all.

Latest resources

Back