• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Training Contract & Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With as many times as Mesaba has furloughed in the past few years, I think we'd have heard about a someone getting stuck with a training contract payment. Never have. I wouldn't worry about it.

I didnt realize that it was a fact that Mesaba is going to force furloughs last ALPA letter I read hinted nothing even possible till Feb 06. The more I watch this big show the more I realize that it is just that a big show. lets be realistic they are not going to get rid of all the Avros and most of the Saabs and in the end operate a fleet of less than 10 aircraft. I do think there will be changes at Mesaba but not huge fleet changes leading to furloughs.

My regards to all those getting furloughed - good luck with future prospects.

This does, however, serve as a good lesson for us all. Not more than 4 months ago, a Mesaba Interview was worth it's weight in gold. And now...
Sadly, no one is safe anywhere anymore.

I am with XCR on this one.

Where is the documentation that says that Mesaba is doing massive furloughs? Cite sources please.
They have trimmed one class that was no more than a few weeks into training, and that's it. That was weeks ago. Nothing since then.

Frankie says 'RELAX.'

Napoleon TNT said:
I am with XCR on this one.

Where is the documentation that says that Mesaba is doing massive furloughs? Cite sources please.
They have trimmed one class that was no more than a few weeks into training, and that's it. That was weeks ago. Nothing since then.

Dude... NWA pulled the leases on all their Avro's and some of the Saabs. Lets call that 40 aircraft at 5 crews per aircraft is 400 pilots. Add on Mesaba filling for bankruptcy and you've gotta furlough. I really doubt there going to have 1000 pilots flying 50 planes. Hate to say it, but a massive furlough is coming. If I were at Mesaba, I'd be looking for a new job now in order to get ahead / better seniority of those that will be behind you.

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/75/18/

Not hiring. Voluntary furlough out for 30 Avro/2 S340 FOs.

-Filed Chapter 11 in Oct 2005
-CVG base closed eff. Nov 2005
-All 35 Avros being removed from fleet
-10 Saab 340Bs to be removed Jan 2006

I think what Napoleon is trying to say is that we as a pilot group ain't buying it. All the Avros were supposed to go away two years ago (a handful actually did some desert time) and suddenly came back on the property when a contract with ho hum rates on the aircraft was ratified.

Management is doing the same thing this time, but on a bigger scale. They know this pilot group will give so they are gonna press early to get the absolute maximum from the employees of a 100% solvent company.

We will be lucky to be working for our previous 1996 rates.

What documentation does it say that the Avro leases are "Pulled." How do you "pull" a lease? Fill me in. I'd like to hear that one.

Mesaba has 1000 pilots?

Have you read the NWA BK documents?

The Avro's are going no-where.

Airlinepilotcentral.com is about as reliable as some CRJ dink on flightinfo.

Last edited:
Reduction Notice 05-15
Posted 24 October 2005

If all of the planes are going bye bye, why no furloughs until Feb 06. The reduction seems pretty small for such a large change in flying.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back